PDA

View Full Version : Why do people get so crazy for the flavor of the month?

punkncat
10-20-2006, 06:24 AM
I see it every few months. The big teams in the area will get the new "hotness" on the block and every little poseur wannabe will all but sell their soul to get what they have.

Case in point. The new Ego WAS the thing. Everyone around GAVE away superb markers to put a down payment on one. One guy I know traded a G7 and an Alias for a busted up, abused Ego. Now all of a sudden the new Shocker is the thing.....I should be able to pick up an Ego for a few toothpicks and some pocket lint here in the next few weeks.

Ahh fanbois....... :tard:

coreyander
10-20-2006, 06:44 AM
because paintball has become a flaming fashion show of 15yo morons w/ smart mouths and bad attitudes. They want what the pros have. Now its egos and shockers again; and DMs. Used to be timmys.

Its a good thing if you are in the market for a used ego.

thecavemankevin
10-20-2006, 07:10 AM
because they like the attention

/oooo, can i see it?
//shoot it?

starchief1959
10-20-2006, 07:24 AM
MOM!!!! I want one! NOW!!! :cry:

Or as my mom always said when I was little, "Gimme Gimme Gimme, Want Want Want." :nono:

I love my mom, I give her :dance: :dance: :dance:

PumpPlayer
10-20-2006, 07:48 AM
You give your mom the banana? :rolleyes:

Boredom is what drives flavor-of-the-month.
Paintball has a LOT of downtime to it between weekends/games.

With a lot of hobbies, people have something to do when they get home in the evening even if it's just for 15 minutes. Wax the car, paint models, set up trains, play a musical instrument, and so on for the various hobbies. With something like paintball, all you can do is shop for new gear. Unless you try your hand at modifying gear but then, without proper tools or experience most kids end up ruining their markers... and have to buy new. Which, come to think of it, poor maintenance is probably also a cause... and why most manufacturers only carry a 3-month warranty.

But who cares? A fool and his money, after all...

starchief1959
10-20-2006, 07:56 AM
You give your mom the banana? :rolleyes:

Boredom is what drives flavor-of-the-month.
Paintball has a LOT of downtime to it between weekends/games.

With a lot of hobbies, people have something to do when they get home in the evening even if it's just for 15 minutes. Wax the car, paint models, set up trains, play a musical instrument, and so on for the various hobbies. With something like paintball, all you can do is shop for new gear. Unless you try your hand at modifying gear but then, without proper tools or experience most kids end up ruining their markers... and have to buy new. Which, come to think of it, poor maintenance is probably also a cause... and why most manufacturers only carry a 3-month warranty.

But who cares? A fool and his money, after all...

LMAO
Okay, I wasn't thinking naughty when I posted that. It's still kind of early....

Rudz
10-20-2006, 09:06 AM
i cant wait for the 07 borg...so i can score an 06 for cheap, lol..the only gun im looking forward to is the aedes..now thats a marker..

AGDRetro
10-20-2006, 09:14 AM
i cant wait for the 07 borg...so i can score an 06 for cheap, lol..the only gun im looking forward to is the aedes..now thats a marker..

My thoughts exactly, if I was ever in the market for an electro you just named the only two I would even look at...

As for everything else you guys have said, I am in total agreement! :cheers:

sniper1rfa
10-20-2006, 09:22 AM
i love it. It means i picked up an 05 speed (which retailed for well over a grand when it was released) for 400 bucks (with a halo!). :headbang:

slateman
10-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I guess its me you're talking about cus I'm trying to trade my 05 Ego and cash for a Hybrid Shocker

neppo1345
10-20-2006, 12:03 PM
So i was doing some PBN shopping today, and stumbled across a thread with some flex masks in it...

The kid wanted around 350.00 for the masks...

yes...i said it...350.00 for ONE mask.

cyrus-the-virus
10-20-2006, 12:21 PM
So i was doing some PBN shopping today, and stumbled across a thread with some flex masks in it...

The kid wanted around 350.00 for the masks...

yes...i said it...350.00 for ONE mask.

Did it have a HUD, thermal imaging unit and night vision? How bout those autotargeting lasers I've been hearing about?

VFX_Fenix
10-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Did it have a HUD, thermal imaging unit and night vision? How bout those autotargeting lasers I've been hearing about?

HUD and a thermal imaging unit?!?!?! BRILLIANT!

koleah
10-20-2006, 12:41 PM

Not only that, but a mini air-conditioning unit and windshield wiper blades as well.

shorty24
10-20-2006, 12:47 PM
and a full rebreather unit for those underwater attacks...not a bad thing to have in some scenarois i've been in, actually...

geekwarrior
10-20-2006, 12:47 PM
meh...Im waiting on the cloaking device

Toll
10-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Quad damage.

shorty24
10-20-2006, 01:57 PM

lol! Winnar!!1!!

FiXeL
10-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Buy a mag... mags don't drop 50% value in a year! :rofl:

I'm glad i sold my DM4 (although it was a nice gun) for the price i got... in a year i would have got nothing because ppl would have bought DM5/6 or new DM7's (just wait... i'm betting they will release it just before christmas. :ninja:

neppo1345
10-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Wow...i forgot...not 350...550.00

heres the thread:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1806053

Lohman446
10-20-2006, 04:25 PM
I love it - all you haters are ignorant, the straps are worth $400. What? Were they blessed by a dieing pope on Easter Sunday? You're defending $400 goggle straps and calling other people ignorant? BRRILLLIANT

starchief1959
10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Those prices are ludacris! Who in their right mind would pay that for a JT flex mask? Again, Mom, I want it NOW!!!

That's who. :mad:

RavishingEddie
10-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I am surprised they are defending straps and not ear protection. I might end up killing a kid like last time.

jenarelJAM
10-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Not only straps, but USED straps...
What would it be if they were new?

Shingo
10-20-2006, 06:41 PM

Their working on IT (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20618515-29677,00.html).... :ninja:

~Shingo~

Glickman
10-20-2006, 06:49 PM
I see it every few months. The big teams in the area will get the new "hotness" on the block and every little poseur wannabe will all but sell their soul to get what they have.

Case in point. The new Ego WAS the thing. Everyone around GAVE away superb markers to put a down payment on one. One guy I know traded a G7 and an Alias for a busted up, abused Ego. Now all of a sudden the new Shocker is the thing.....I should be able to pick up an Ego for a few toothpicks and some pocket lint here in the next few weeks.

Ahh fanbois....... :tard:

why do people pay $3500 for a jacket made of camel?

nothing new, people are still stupid ;)

autococker04
10-20-2006, 09:07 PM
i love how people are spending so much on the latest and greatest then they have to upgrade to like their gun
im gradulay downgrading, and making cash doing it

WenULiVeUdiE
10-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Why do people constantly unload older products for newer stuff? They believe in the hype. They believe it will help them win. They like how it looks. They like how it feels. They like to fit in with the group.

It is similar to the primdorial instincts we all revert back to in a moment of panic: violence. People "panic" when they see this new great product and fail to stop and evaluate and analyze it.

Many players have alot of money to blow. So if they lose $100 by trading for a different gun, then they may not mind. It pleases them to try out new products and be apart of an elite group.

Danimal82
10-20-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't know who is more insane, the seller or buyer. Come on are the paintball fashion police going to bunker you for wearing such a fashion faux pas as a black proflex. A 500 dollar mask better include a tube of eyeliner, a swoopy hair cut, and a complimentary collar popping. Storm troopers always ended up getting shot.

RoadDawg
10-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Buy a mag... mags don't drop 50% value in a year! :rofl:

I'm glad i sold my DM4 (although it was a nice gun) for the price i got... in a year i would have got nothing because ppl would have bought DM5/6 or new DM7's (just wait... i'm betting they will release it just before christmas. :ninja:

I hate to say it but mags drop 50% in value. Buy a new RTP and see how much you get for it resale... if it will even sale. Only way to make money on a used mag is to part it out, then again you are stuck most of the time with a sear pin or a rail.

mag_lover05
10-20-2006, 10:04 PM
they go crazy for it because its agg. duh.

:spit_take i laugh at them... i still use a minimag and an a5 with flatline...