PDA

View Full Version : Canada & US tanks compatibility...

sTaLa
10-20-2006, 08:05 PM
I live in Canada and am shopping for an adjustable reg tank for my RT :D.

I've heard some people having issues with the hydro on their tank that came from the States. Should I be aware of anything when buying a tank?

Thanks.

sTaLa
10-20-2006, 08:07 PM
And is the hydro every 5 or 3 years on the tanks. From what I could understand, it is three years for the SS tanks and five for the FG tanks :confused:

egb groupie
10-20-2006, 08:20 PM
It should be the same for both the US and Canada. You just have to make sure it has the Canadian Transportation approval, on most tanks it is marked with TC followed by a series of numbers and letters. Hope this helps.

sTaLa
10-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I think the guy who had problem about the hydro talked about having only a DOT-***** number. That would make sense. Thanks.

havocx
10-20-2006, 10:51 PM
It should be the same for both the US and Canada. You just have to make sure it has the Canadian Transportation approval, on most tanks it is marked with TC followed by a series of numbers and letters. Hope this helps.

You must have a TC number on the tank. Its just like the dot number but is for Canada.
Without a TC number a field is not suppost to fill it. Most companies have the TC number but some tanks like Nitro Ducks not have them all the time. Most PE's do.

Good luck finding one, but you might have better luck just getting an adjustable rag and puting it into a Canadian bought tank

Toll
10-20-2006, 11:00 PM
50000 dollar fine to a field that fills them...I always keep an eye out.

But as long as it has a TC number, you're good to go.