PDA

View Full Version : Automag Suggestions?

bjjb99
12-28-2001, 04:30 PM
Greetings,

I have an old Automag Classic powerfeed. Currently, the only modification to it is a vertical foregrip. I recently purchased a 68ci/3000 steel alloy HPA tank (PMI Pure Energy), and right now my 'mag is severely backheavy.

I'd like to drop the tank down and forward, but I'm having trouble deciding what kind of drop forward to get. I want a drop forward that will center the weight pretty much directly under the trigger gripframe. I'd also like to have an on/off ASA hanging off the drop forward so I can depressurize the marker without having to remove the tank.

If y'all out there have some good suggestions regarding drop forwards and on/off ASAs that would balance well, by all means fire off a reply to this post.

Now, on to problem number 2. ;)

Once I've got the tank dropped down and forward, I still need to route the hose from the ASA to the AIR valve. I'm not objectionable to replacing the current foregrip with a gas-through model if that will help. I'd prefer to use braided hose rather than macroline because I still occasionally have to use CO2 when I play. And to make things a little more challenging... I'm left handed so what might be comfortable for a right handed person may not work for me. If y'all have any suggestions as to how I might route hose without turning my 'mag into something looking like snakes having a spaghetti fight, by all means let me know.

Heck, if someone out there has a picture of a classic powerfeed automag with a drop forward to balance a 68/3000 tank, by all means post the URL. :)

Thanks muchly,
BJJB99

bond1313
12-28-2001, 04:55 PM
Hey, i would recomend geting a warped sportz dop, they come with a on.of and 2 differnt arms one drops it 2 inches down and 5 forward the other extands it 4 inches. There about 40-50 bucks. Fot the drop get a 13 inch hose the should work fine, connect it from the on/of on ther drop to you air valve.

HoppysMag
12-28-2001, 05:30 PM
Benchmark's are good cheap drop forwards, but im not sure on where they normaly center.

and as soon as my drop forward comes in il post my Mag pic
its got Vertical adapter, gas through for gripp and macroline. Im gettin a Benchmark sporty shorty drop forward

giant1515
12-28-2001, 05:46 PM
I've got a kapp DZII on mine, it can drop the tank pretty much whereever you want it, it's adjustable. You can also turn the tank mount to mount it on the left or right of the drop. Ask around at your local shop (if there is one) and see if they have one handy to show you. Mine has an on/off asa in it too. (oh, i use it with a 114 tank, so it can definitely fit big tanks... small ones too, like I said, its adjustable.)

Giant

wimag
12-28-2001, 06:24 PM
warped sport drop forward. Centers the tank nicely.
Old pic, missing my retro, black powerfeed body and i sold the extender.

SoupRman
12-28-2001, 06:48 PM
warped sportz work great. check the classifieds, right now theres one for $30 so come and grab it! *hint hint* well here's a pic of it on my gun. a setup like wimag's or maybe 1 foot of SS braided line should do the trick.