PDA

View Full Version : RT? micromag? what is it?

don miguel
10-22-2006, 06:06 PM
I just traded my friend conor, or aka (AO:where am i?) a ygrip for this valve. I shot it and loved it. Is it a retro, RT, or micromag 68? it says all three. Could you tell me. I was told this belonged to pnumagger who sold the emag on ebay with this valve. My friend conor bought the emag, bought an xvalve and wanted to trade me this valve for my ygrip. It was a good deal, could you help me ID it. thanks.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/joshbrede/RTvalve001.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/joshbrede/RTvalve002.jpg

Pneumagger
10-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Could be mine... why, did I leave any illegal immigrant pixies in it. If so, then It's not mine :ninja:

don miguel
10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Could be mine... why, did I leave any illegal immigrant pixies in it. If so, then It's not mine :ninja:

oh yeah I had to remove those (just kidding). I like the valve, I just wanted to ID it, so it's a micromag, what's that ("noob" question). I thought it was an RT.

don miguel
10-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah Pnumagger, I love your videos on youtube, how do you manage to make those pnumags? 9i hope that is spelled correctly)

zyklon69
10-22-2006, 09:28 PM
he did my pneumag, came out great, gonna take pictures as soon as i find my camera.

sniper1rfa
10-22-2006, 09:56 PM
its both. Later model micro's came with a custom engraved retro valve.

don miguel
10-23-2006, 03:18 PM
its both. Later model micro's came with a custom engraved retro valve.

Thanks I REALLY appriciate that. Do you know it's cycle rate?

lasrsktr
10-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks I REALLY appriciate that. Do you know it's cycle rate?

its cycle rate is the same as oh lets say, the Rt valve, the RT Pro Valve, the Retro Valve.....

your intelligence never ceases to impress me.

starchief1959
10-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Same valve I have on my emag. I like it cause it has a different laser engraving on it than most everyone else.

No different function than any other RT type valve, just like the unique difference.

MANN
10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
agd only made 2 valves. one reactive (emag, rt, rt pro, retro, emax, xmag, x, rt micromag(ptp)) and the other not reactive (automag, minimag, micromag (ptp))

don miguel
10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
its cycle rate is the same as oh lets say, the Rt valve, the RT Pro Valve, the Retro Valve.....

your intelligence never ceases to impress me.

Im sorry buddy, If I had known about the valve I woulden't of posted about it. I just wanted to know what it was, and it's capabilities. So bacically it is the same as every other RT valve just the engraving is different?

don miguel
10-23-2006, 03:57 PM
agd only made 2 valves. one reactive (emag, rt, rt pro, retro, emax, xmag, x, rt micromag(ptp)) and the other not reactive (automag, minimag, micromag (ptp))

Thanks man that helped me out a ton. :cheers:

sniper1rfa
10-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Lies!

They made three basic variants.

The classic valve, the RT, and the retrovalve.

The RT is smaller in diameter and NOT compatible with normal automag parts. In every other way it is exactly the same as the retro.

The retro is a valve which is designed to be backwards compatible with classic mag parts. It functions the same way as the RT, but is shaped the same as a classic. Retro valves include the micromag valves, standard retros, the xvalve, and so on.

phizz
10-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Lies!

The RT is smaller in diameter and NOT compatible with normal automag parts. In every other way it is exactly the same as the retro.

The retro is a valve which is designed to be backwards compatible with classic mag parts. It functions the same way as the RT, but is shaped the same as a classic. Retro valves include the micromag valves, standard retros, the xvalve, and so on.

I guess if you want to get technical then don't forget the sydarm valve.

PumpPlayer
10-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Someone just give this guy a simple answer...

The Micromag was a "private label" Automag produced by Proteam Products.
They machined a one-piece body/rail, grip frame and accessroies and AGD provided them with valves, later models being custom-engraved to say "Micromag".

After the release of the RT Pro (which incorporated a new valve that used 'standard' bodies and rails and also had the reactive characteristics or the RT - the latest iteration of which is the X-valve), PTP began to offer the Micromag with an RT (or "ReTro") valve - which were also engraved to say "Micromag".

What you have there is a valve from one such marker.

It is identical to the X-valve with three important differences besides the lettering:
1) It's constructed using more stainless which makes it slightly heavier
2) It likely has a single o-ring on/off and cannot be fitted with a ULT without modification by an airsmith/machinist
3) It did not come standard with a level 10 bolt

Value is appx. $100-120 w/o level 10. Or around the same price as a new Y-grip.

don miguel
10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Someone just give this guy a simple answer...

The Micromag was a "private label" Automag produced by Proteam Products.
They machined a one-piece body/rail, grip frame and accessroies and AGD provided them with valves, later models being custom-engraved to say "Micromag".

After the release of the RT Pro (which incorporated a new valve that used 'standard' bodies and rails and also had the reactive characteristics or the RT - the latest iteration of which is the X-valve), PTP began to offer the Micromag with an RT (or "ReTro") valve - which were also engraved to say "Micromag".

What you have there is a valve from one such marker.

It is identical to the X-valve with three important differences besides the lettering:
1) It's constructed using more stainless which makes it slightly heavier
2) It likely has a single o-ring on/off and cannot be fitted with a ULT without modification by an airsmith/machinist
3) It did not come standard with a level 10 bolt

Value is appx. $100-120 w/o level 10. Or around the same price as a new Y-grip.

Thank you so much, I dont know how to thank you. So really I got a good trade. Im happy to her that this has the same performance capabilities as an xvalve. You are so awesome. THANK YOU PUMPPLAYER! :cheers:

Tunaman
10-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Don Miquel. Don't be afraid to ask questions on anything you don't understand about mags. Don't hold back man. That is what this forum is for. Most of the guys around here are more than willing to help out as they have been doing...with a few flamers. We were all Mag newbies at one time or another. There is so much to know. I am still learning also so don't feel bad. If you start messing with Angels...well that is a whole nother field of expertise. Long live the Mag.! ;) :D

don miguel
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Don Miquel. Don't be afraid to ask questions on anything you don't understand about mags. Don't hold back man. That is what this forum is for. Most of the guys around here are more than willing to help out as they have been doing...with a few flamers. We were all Mag newbies at one time or another. There is so much to know. I am still learning also so don't feel bad. If you start messing with Angels...well that is a whole nother field of expertise. Long live the Mag.! ;) :D

Thanks, I have expierienced flamers. And try to hold back from back flaming, but thanks anyways, and keep up the good work tunaman. :cheers:

don miguel
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Lies!

So basically the RT was a reject amongst other valves? (Not in a bad way, but in the sense that it didn't fit any other things, but the RT body due to diameter)?

Tunaman
10-25-2006, 04:57 PM
So basically the RT was a reject amongst other valves? (Not in a bad way, but in the sense that it didn't fit any other things, but the RT body due to diameter)?yes

SN toter
10-25-2006, 07:36 PM
I shoot pretty much exclusivly classic RT's and have since 96(except for the Tac one I'm going to put together for scenario play), and I believe(from what I've read) that the classic RT valves are slightly more reactive than the later ReTro valves...something about how the air enters the valve? I may be totally off here, but I swear I read that before.

don miguel
10-25-2006, 07:45 PM
I shoot pretty much exclusivly classic RT's and have since 96(except for the Tac one I'm going to put together for scenario play), and I believe(from what I've read) that the classic RT valves are slightly more reactive than the later ReTro valves...something about how the air enters the valve? I may be totally off here, but I swear I read that before.

Everytime I shot it, it would fire two balls at once, what can I do to fix that?

SN toter
10-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Everytime I shot it, it would fire two balls at once, what can I do to fix that?

look at the wear on your sear and if thats fine lower your input pressure