PDA

View Full Version : ReTro Valve legal?

giant1515
12-28-2001, 05:06 PM
One of the local shop owners around me is trying to tell me not to upgrade my mag to a retro valve... he says that they're not going to be tourney legal for much longer, that they're being phased out for some reason. I don't really believe him, but I figured I'd check here with you guys... since this is where the mag gurus lurk

Giant

a_malfunction
12-28-2001, 05:17 PM
Havent heard that rumor.... It is true about Tippmann RTs however. Retros are still and in all likelyhood will remain legal.

Daniel Morse
12-28-2001, 05:19 PM
Denial will not change the fact that the RT valve is legal. He may wish it was not legal but it is.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Xzion
12-28-2001, 06:50 PM
only the Tippmann RT is illegal, because from what I understand it always runs in 'run away mode' or is much too easy to set up in run away mode, the 'mag RT valve is completely legal as long as it IS NOT running in run away mode, thats the governing factor if the mag RT valve is in run away mode, then yes, it is considerd illegal, if its operating normally and out of run away mode then yes, it is perfectly legal. its more of a matter on the semi-only rules, where in run away mode, it can be difficult, if not impossible to get one ball fired for one trigger pull. Thats how I understand it at least.

Miscue
12-28-2001, 06:52 PM
Absolutely not. It's tourny legal and always will be.

ronron2112
12-28-2001, 07:12 PM
its tourney legal, and better stay that way!!!!!!!!!!

but they should make a non-adjustable RT for the tipp..

OldSchoolMag
12-28-2001, 08:26 PM
Yeah, they're legal, otherwise we'd have heard about it. What is this "Run Away Mode", by the way?

ronron2112
12-28-2001, 08:33 PM
its when your finger stays still and your trigger bounces off your finger kinda like psuedo-automatic.. if you understtod anything i just said... i give you alot f credit