PDA

View Full Version : Can An X-Valve Be Anodized?

K9nerOPs
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Just As The Tilte States...Can It Be Done?

Thanks In Advanced...

FiXeL
10-23-2006, 01:01 PM
It's usually black, weighs half the weight of a stainless steel classic valve... you do the math. ;)

K9nerOPs
10-23-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm A Dumb Dumb... :cry: ...Im Sorry. I should've provided more info...

I Have An X-Valve In Black...I would like To Fade Red To Black. (Red Before The "X" Logo And From The Logo "X" On Towards Velocity Remaining Black).

Hope This Helps...

don miguel
10-23-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm A Dumb Dumb... :cry: ...Im Sorry. I should've provided more info...

I Have An X-Valve In Black...I would like To Fade Red To Black. (Red Before The "X" Logo And From The Logo "X" On Towards Velocity Remaining Black).

Hope This Helps...

That sounds really cool, If you get it done post a picture. But anyway, they used to come adonized in most colors full. But a fade you could probably get from an annodizer that knows alot about mags. There are probably some on AO. Im not one of them so I can't help you out.

K9nerOPs
10-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Below Is A Photoshoped Version Of What I Would Like...Can This Be Done?

http://www.fohtech.com/Paintball/Z-Body-Fade.jpg

Thanks!!!

Chronobreak
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
z-body!,lol

yes, but i dont know anyone tha would be willing to do it. it voids your warranty and is easy to screw up tolerances.

have the internals masked off.

i would stick with red/black solid colors...

tuna is the ONLY one who gets raw valves and he wont do anything but black last i ehard

don miguel
10-23-2006, 06:52 PM
I like the idea but like Chronobreak said, it voids your warranty. I woulden't do it. But if you want too, than go ahead, Im not stopping you. :cheers:

SR_matt
10-23-2006, 07:59 PM
also by getting it reannoed the "X" will get striped off as well since it is lazer etched in... not to mention your serial number will be gone.

hmm im nto sure if you can even get the little pin out of the bottom that holds the valve in the z-lock and i want to say it look slike SS so that nulls your whole idea if that cant come out.
-matt

K9nerOPs
10-23-2006, 08:48 PM
Its Not The East To Find A Red X-Valve Is It?

Cow hunter
10-24-2006, 04:54 PM
if im not mistaken, tunaman has raw Xvalves, you could get one from him...

Chronobreak
10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
if im not mistaken, tunaman has raw Xvalves, you could get one from him...

he wont ship raw, and wont do anything but black last i checked

- and i think he wont even do it unles you buy a complete amrker since the from him, to anno, to hinm, to agd to him then to you is kinda a PITA

Cow hunter
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
if its a PITA, why wont he ship raw if you ask for it?

Chronobreak
10-24-2006, 05:13 PM
:rolleyes:

something about AGD wont let him...since it wont have a s/n

ask him, just fyi the answer will be NOPE

:sleeping:

Tunaman
10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Here is the deal. I can only do the xvalves in custom colors if i do them EXACTLY the way it is done at AGD. There is more to it than most people think. It kind of goes like this...
1-Get raw valve parts
2-QC and send to polish and annodizer
3-valve is returned to me
4-send out for laser engraving and serial number
5-valve is returned to me
6-completely assemble valve including powertube(there are orings in here that most people will never see or know existed)
7-mill out hole for Z-lock Pin- .002 tolerance or the valve is shot an the field strip screw wont go in.
8-add level 10 bolt kit complete
9-consider blowing my brains out over the amount of work it takes to get one finished
10-find guys that want to pay 350.00 for my efforts
Let me know if there is another way and I'll do it.
This valve MUST be assembled by an AGD certified tech or the warranty is completely void.
11-are we having fun yet? ;)

cyrus-the-virus
10-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Here is the deal. I can only do the xvalves in custom colors if i do them EXACTLY the way it is done at AGD. There is more to it than most people think. It kind of goes like this...
1-Get raw valve parts
6-completely assemble valve including powertube(there are orings in here that most people will never see or know existed)
7-mill out hole for Z-lock Pin- .002 tolerance or the valve is shot an the field strip screw wont go in.
9-consider blowing my brains out over the amount of work it takes to get one finished
This valve MUST be assembled by an AGD certified tech or the warranty is completely void.

So I guess a neon green X-valve is out of the question?

We don't need tuna brains on the wall. :eek:

What about powder coating or duracoating?

Ghola
10-26-2006, 04:10 AM
1-Get raw valve parts

Can i get a reverse X-valve in chrome?
That would beat the heck out of polishing my Re/Tro-valve.

Tunaman
10-26-2006, 04:29 AM
So I guess a neon green X-valve is out of the question?

We don't need tuna brains on the wall. :eek:

What about powder coating or duracoating?nope. Too thick.

BigEvil
10-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Hey Tuna, can the be re-annoed?

robnix
10-26-2006, 07:06 AM
1-Get raw valve parts

$350.00 is a great deal for all that work when retail price is $325.00.

SR_matt
10-26-2006, 02:16 PM
i do not understand why the zlock pin cant be installed earlier in the process since it is so vital to weather or not the vavle is good or not.

also i do not understand how the tolerance is so tight on that part (i mean i get why they have teh tolerances but it seems like looser tolerances could work)

-matt

Tunaman
10-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Hey Tuna, can the be re-annoed?They can be re annoed if properly plugged up. All of the holes and treads get larger everytime you anno it. My last anno guy wrecked 5 valves by doing them too many times. And these were brand new raw valves to start. The lasering and serial number will be gone too so the warranty is also gone.