PDA

View Full Version : My E-Mag was Stolen!!!

OhMyAMoose
12-28-2001, 06:38 PM
Ahhh I am so pissed! I just bought my e-mag last friday and I got to play with it for the first time today. Well I got done playing and I put all my gear in the car. I went back into the proshop to pay for a barrel plug they let me use untill I could go out into my car and get the money to pay them. Well I come back and my gun is gone! Some ******* took it! I was only gone for like 5 minutes. There goes 1000 bucks down the crapper! Now I have no guns cause I sold my old mag to help pay for this one. Ahhh this sucks! I guess I will be out of the sport of paintball for a long long time.

OhMyAMoose
Omitsbagles@hotmail.com

SoupRman
12-28-2001, 06:40 PM
did you tell the field owner? did you search around? im sure if someone DID steal it then they would be in a rush to leave an dyou coudl have searched their stuff... man.. that sucks, i hope you can find it.

OhMyAMoose
12-28-2001, 06:46 PM
Ohh I did search everywhere... everyone in my group was looking all over the place. And I did tell the owners and they searched everyone. damnit all to hell.

SoupRman
12-28-2001, 06:52 PM
if you got the serial number and/or a pic, you could notify your local authority's and have the paintball place, the players, and everyone keep an eye out for it. but you don't have to quit the sport. maybe if you search ebay for a 12 hour or 24 hour auction for an e-mag from yous city, or visit the fields aroudn for people that jsut recently got e-mags. man this sucks. i hope you can find it.

irbodden
12-28-2001, 06:52 PM
Dude, I cant imagine how bad that feels. Really sucks trash like that might be on our sport.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

irbodden
12-28-2001, 06:53 PM
Do you have info on the gun, serial number, color etc.

LMK

Miscue
12-28-2001, 07:04 PM
I think I'm going to tether mine to my leg now. :)

Joelsph
12-28-2001, 07:06 PM
Man, I hate to see that happen. I think that we here at AO should give up some spare parts to Ohmyamoose if he cannot recover his gun

DYE-BaLLeR
12-28-2001, 07:10 PM
it would be weird if u gotta normal mag now, cuz i got my normal mag stolen and got an emag and if u got ur emag stolen and then gotta normal mag, that would be the exact opposite. sorry to hear it. :mad:

Clint3240
12-28-2001, 07:29 PM
i saw a kid waling off with my spyder(ya i know) and i went over to him and riped it out of his hands

Oregon_pb_
12-28-2001, 08:11 PM
From someone who's been there, i know how you feel.

I lost over $1800 in gear couple months ago.

Report it to the police, that way if you see it at a game later on you can call them and hey will confiscate it. Report it to AGD, they will mark the serial number in there computer system.

Post on all web pages u know of, also try and visit the local pawn shops within 100 miles. You never know, if you find it in one you can call the police and get it back.

Sorry about your loss, if you have home owners insurance they should cover it.

OldSchoolMag
12-28-2001, 08:37 PM
Look, I'm feeling kinda Christmas-y right now, so I tell ya what - let's say that if in 2 months, you still haven't gotten your 'Mag back, contact me, and I'll try to ship you mine. I have an old school 'Mag (hence the name!) about 8 years old, with a good amount of upgrades. Now, it does suffer a bit from shoot-down (that's what that Magic Box does to your 'Mag...) but if you want it then, it's yours - no charge. Now, I'm only 15, and a little strapped for cash at the time (just bought an RT Pro) but by then I should be able to send it. Now, I've only got medium and small bore barrels (DYE Aluminum - GREAT CONDITION, med bore; Old School All American SS - Good Condition inside, minor cosmetic damage... kinda nasty, shoots great, though!) but it seems good to me, I play with it still. Also, I've got right handed grips, so I hope you're right handed! This is only worth about $500 at most, and I can't donate my air system, I still need it, or my hopper and elbow - same there, so I hope this helps! If someone could give me a hand with the hopper and air supply (I also have an expansion chamber lying around here somewhere, and a coil remote, so CO2 could be an option!) that would be GREATLY appreciated! Keep posting, keep US posted, and let's see what we can do!

DYE-BaLLeR
12-28-2001, 08:47 PM
dang i didnt get this attention when i got my gun stolen, but it also wasnt an emag :(

AGD
12-28-2001, 08:56 PM
If you know your serial# or had it registered with us you can send us the police report and we will tag it in the database as stolen. We eventually recover about 50% of the stolen guns this way.

AGD

Thor the Mighty
12-28-2001, 09:16 PM
i was at camp once and some kid walked off with someone elses paint and i walked up to him, socked him in the stomach and took the balls back to the place but it turns out that it was the guy's friend that was just trying to take the pb's back to the cabin! haha. im sorry dude! if anyone ever stole my gun i'd wet myself! especialy an emag! my condolances!

FeelTheRT
12-28-2001, 09:17 PM
a friend of mine had his Cocker stolen, he left it for less than 2 mintues and when he came back it was gone, he invtested more than 1k into that... He's not getting back into paintball anymore.

IceCool32
12-28-2001, 09:23 PM
Seeing as how I just an Impulse for X-mas, I'd be glad to send you my old 20oz. tank and get a on/off and anti-syphon tube installed if you need an air system, just something until you get back on your feet. I mean it may seem small, but every little bit helps, and I've got a 9v revy with speed collar and speed pods that I'd be willing to donate, lemme know.

Trust me, I know how you feel.....I didn't have an E-mag, but when my gun was stolen I felt really crappy too.....So I'm willing to help you with whatever I can.

E==Mag MAN
12-28-2001, 10:24 PM
Man that sucks i have emag its my baby take care of it so well. I had all my paint stolen walked away came back to get ready GONE i searched cause i mark my boxes F***** took it out through box away i was ready to beat crap out of him if i think about it if some tried to steal my emag wich i paid for all of it with air im 14 get 20 dollars a week i would kill them.

IceCool32
12-28-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by E==Mag MAN
Im 14 get 20 dollars a week i would kill them.

Wow, you're a lucky one. I'm 15, you know how much I get a week from my parents? JACK SQUAT! I work my *** off and get $90 every two weeks which is what I play on. So don't get mad that someone stole paint you're using on your parents money.

OhMyAMoose
12-28-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolMag
Look, I'm feeling kinda Christmas-y right now, so I tell ya what - let's say that if in 2 months, you still haven't gotten your 'Mag back, contact me, and I'll try to ship you mine. I have an old school 'Mag (hence the name!) about 8 years old, with a good amount of upgrades. Now, it does suffer a bit from shoot-down (that's what that Magic Box does to your 'Mag...) but if you want it then, it's yours - no charge. Now, I'm only 15, and a little strapped for cash at the time (just bought an RT Pro) but by then I should be able to send it. Now, I've only got medium and small bore barrels (DYE Aluminum - GREAT CONDITION, med bore; Old School All American SS - Good Condition inside, minor cosmetic damage... kinda nasty, shoots great, though!) but it seems good to me, I play with it still. Also, I've got right handed grips, so I hope you're right handed! This is only worth about $500 at most, and I can't donate my air system, I still need it, or my hopper and elbow - same there, so I hope this helps! If someone could give me a hand with the hopper and air supply (I also have an expansion chamber lying around here somewhere, and a coil remote, so CO2 could be an option!) that would be GREATLY appreciated! Keep posting, keep US posted, and let's see what we can do!

Ohh I can't do that man. You worked hard for all your stuff and I wouldn't feel right about it. You are so nice to offer me that and I thank you. That is just too much stuff to just give away. But I thank you again for your kind offer :-)

HoppysMag
12-28-2001, 10:47 PM
leave em alone
im 15 and i buy all my own crap too but he might not be able to get a job at 14 in his area. you have to be at least 14 with a working permit, which you can only get through the school, in my area.

Im sorry to hear about your lose OhMyAMoose. it sucks tou get stuff stolen from you. i got a co2 tank stollen from me.I know my 30$ co2 tank dosnt compare to you 1000 dollar EMag. ( i later recoverd the tank and found out it was a accident but i felt terrible for like 2 weeks. think that this could happen again, i even started lockin my gear in my bag to a table or what ever was around) but i wish i could help you out. Hey judgin from what iv read on the AO forums lots of guys here have enogh spare parts to build two or three mags. so hopefully the kindness of strangers will prevale.

OhMyAMoose
12-28-2001, 10:50 PM
ADG,
I would do that but I am a dumbass and I don't know the serial number. I asked the guy who I bought it from and he said that wrote it down but lost it. He said that he looked for a long time but with no luck. He never did register the gun and I never got around to it either. I was like, "I will call up ADG and register later." I guess I learned the hard way. I was so excited to go out and play with my new gun and I guess I just forgot about registering it. I guess I will have to wait another year before I get to play again. Bah

IceCool32
12-28-2001, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I was 14 once too, it's called mowing yards, doing chores, shoveling drive ways.

Ohmyagoose, you should let us "lend" you our stuff, until you can get your E-mag back, or buy another marker.....Come on it's all for a good cause.

Magsrule3
12-28-2001, 11:18 PM
Man that really blows :( There was a string of small robberies at my local field awhile agoo. My teamates had $70 stolen and another had a case of paint. Really sorry to hear about your Emag.

RobAGD
12-28-2001, 11:32 PM
Well I dont know how old you are but here is a suggestion. If youhave a home owners insurance plan, in most cases it will cover stuff stolen out of your car providing there is a police report and a paper trail. So contact you agent and ask for some help.

-Robert

OhMyAMoose
12-28-2001, 11:44 PM
RobAGD... Nope, I dont own my own home :-(

omni
12-29-2001, 12:05 AM
There is one thing in the world I can't even explain how much I hate, and that's people who steal!!!

I can't stand people who steal things from others, it makes me feel bad to hear stories about this kind of crap. I wish I had some things to offer you :(

I hope you somehow find it. Its possible you know, This guy broke into my Dads friends house stole his TV/VCR/Stereo and the works, the dumba** droped his Bus pass in the my Dads friends house, the cop picks it up and asked if it was his and nobody knew who this guy was. So the cops go down to this guys house knock on the door, and the flipping jerk is holding the VCR in his hand!!!

I regged my mag a few weeks ago after getting it, but I don't know if it went through or not with the recent problem they had.

ZeroXtreme
12-29-2001, 10:07 AM
There is nothing I can say to relieve your anger and frustration, all I can do is say sorry this happened and pray that you get to recover it. :(

Paintballer86
12-29-2001, 10:49 AM
Really sorry to hear about that man. I recentley had all my stuff engraved in sevral diffrent palces, and Took pics of it and my did even put a $2000.00 deductable on it! I hope whoever stole it is cought and punished severley.

InfinatyBPS
12-29-2001, 12:50 PM
What is this world coming to?!?! I mean jeesh can't even leave your stuff in your car. I am worried that when I get my new electro this will happen. Well I hope you find it. Hey hopefully the guy is stupid enough to post on AO " I just bought a new emag"

OldSchoolMag
12-29-2001, 01:04 PM
Well... look, man, I want to do this! It's not like someone's twisting my arm or anything! Anyways, I have the same kind of ethics as you, I don't really accept charity, and since I haven't been in this position (knock on wood) I don't know what I would do if I were you, but the offer will be up on the table man - it's okay, once I get my RT Pro, this stuff'll become my backups, and if I ever did get around to selling it, I'd be hella lazy and probably end up practically giving it away there, too! Get back to me man!

And talk to your dad about the homeowner insurance, he probably has the files, and that way he'd be able to check it out, and make sure you still have the receipt, it'd probably help if you had the serial number, but just proof that you actually own the gun is good, and file a police report, I'd say. Man, when I get my RT Pro, I'm gonna register it first thing.

OhMyAMoose
12-29-2001, 03:39 PM
I got some bad news and some bad news. The police said that I am pretty much out of luck. They said that they can't do much but the will keep an eye out for it. They doubt that I have any chance of recovering it. I checked ebay and the paper and nothing so far. I called up the field again and they said that they haven't found anything. I also called the shops around here and told them. They all said that they would keep an eye out for anything. I really doubt I will be able to get my gun back. Ohh and I talked to our insurance man (he is a personal friend) and he said that I cant do much about it cause I dont have the serial number or other proof that I really did have the gun. I might just give up on paintball cause I will never be able to get another 1000 bucks to get this gun again. I can't really afford to get a $300 either. I saved for a long time to get this one and now I have other stuff I need to spend my money on like college soon, food, car payments. This just sucks.

Omitsbagles@hotmail.com

CRASHKING
12-30-2001, 09:34 PM
god i know what u feel like at my field i have had stuff stolen but only $10 worth not a $1000 dollars so i guess i wouldnt know what its like but it makes u feel like **** when something is stolen

when i get my e-mag im getting the serial number and taking video of me and my gun also pictures
that should be good proof

i will also take my e-mag everywhere i go when im at the field (yes even to the bathroom) cause i would hate for that to happen to me

if someone can make a pball gun alarm system i would be so happy. u could make a lot of money if u made an alarm system for it

god that sucks what the police said

Snooky
12-31-2001, 04:49 AM
First off sorry to hear about your stuff getting stolen and I wish i could help. I noticed alot of people have had stuff stolen from fields. I however have had no problems at all with this at the field i goto. The field is in Poynete Wisconsin and is called Apocalypse paintball. After going there a couple times i asked the field owner if anything had ever been stolen and he said he had one incadent where a case of paint was stolen and nuthing else. I was supprised to hear this but when everyone respects other people and thier property everyone makes out in the end. I have know people who got their guns stolen(Back in Loves Park) and recovered them by telling local shops to look for them which i believed u said that u did. Hopefully they find it for you and the best of luck.

Matt Crawford
01-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Sorry man,I wish I could help.I kinda know how it feels,when I started playing the very first day,I got my Spyder stolen,Atleast I got it back a few months later.I know this dosent equal to a $1000 E-mag tho.Hope you get a decient lead soon.Good luck

AGDRules
01-05-2002, 07:20 PM
This is what I really like to see.

You guys are the best man, You helping out a player and all.

Thats why mag owners are like brothers hehe, we stick together and help each other out. I am looking around as we speak for something to donate to you bro, I just got my new RT which im trading for a emag.
But because of your horror story im holding onto mine 24-7.

Again, you guys are very generous people and I love to see other players helping players out. So, I may donate my Dye Stickys or something to you, I have a 12v Revvy with X-board I may be willing to donate as well cause I just ordered a HALO. So whatever you need let me know and I will be sure to try to help you out.

paintballrulzs
01-05-2002, 07:31 PM
Please go to for sale i have a thread there to help this guy out. Please post what u have for him (even if u have given it to him so we can make him a complete gun) thanks

liigod
01-05-2002, 10:32 PM
Yea I got ripped off on an online trade actually. Im in the process of sueing the guy but it has ment that i am quitting paintball. Now my sole goal in life is to make this kid pay for ripping me off. I warned him before we traded. Well anyway I would recomend you take people up on their charity on this thread. The cops will do NOTHING. I used to respect cops but after some recent events in my life, they haev done nohting to asist me. I woud like to offer you a 12oz or a 20oz c02 tank if you need. Good luck finding the gun. ALso take the law into your own hands if you find him. Cus hes not guna call the cops and say "Oh yea this guy whos paintball gun i stole, is beating me." :D im just in a kinda bad mood right now so if i sound mean im not always like that :) Ta ta.

brian terry
01-06-2002, 06:46 AM
what do you mean you dident get any help when your mag got stolen ,if im right i think someone did help you get a emag really really really cheep ,hummmmmm ,now who could that have been that helped you out,,..

MagMan5446
01-06-2002, 07:24 AM
Man, that sucks a big one. It takes me half a year (when I did have a job) to get a grand. That's a whole lot of money for us teenagers.

mountaindud
01-06-2002, 09:13 AM
That really sucks. The owner of one of the fields I go to keeps a loaded shocker under the cash register for intimidation and always keeps an eye on what gun you carry in and what you're leaving with.

What exactly got stolen? Just the gun? Loader and air too? I'm an avid ebayer I might be able to help you out. Tell me the color body type and any upgrades. I know it probably won't help the least bit but I've got an extra venturi bolt, bolt spring, bumper, and sear pin for a classic/mini. Good luck.