PDA

View Full Version : What gun would work best

b2k2
10-24-2006, 10:00 AM
I have always wanted to make a gun that looks like the old school NES zapper:

http://retropassion.co.uk/retro/stock_images/P6240004lg.jpg

I am not sure what sort of gun would be the closest match, I was thinking maybe a mini mag if you could fit the sight rail from an RT pro on it and a remote gas line. any one have a better idea?

y0da900
10-24-2006, 10:07 AM

http://retropassion.co.uk/retro/stock_images/P6240004lg.jpg

I am not sure what sort of gun would be the closest match, I was thinking maybe a mini mag if you could fit the sight rail from an RT pro on it and a remote gas line. any one have a better idea?

Wait another month and a half for the mini to come out, then see if you can cram it in the actual zapper.

FlawleZ
10-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Actually I think a Z Bodied mag would fit the role quite well.

grEnAlEins
10-24-2006, 10:23 AM
:rofl: :hail: Thats an awesome idea!

Ratzo
10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Yup always thought that would be a cool idea.
I've got the old Grey on Grey Zapper

mobsterboy
10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
add some plastic extras to the tiberius tac 8...

grEnAlEins
10-24-2006, 11:59 AM
add some plastic extras to the tiberius tac 8...
along those lines, any pistol would work, an armotech zues for example, it will be cheaper...

AGDRetro
10-24-2006, 12:02 PM
The Zapper's frame looks very similar to the Splatmaster's actually...

grEnAlEins
10-24-2006, 12:06 PM
The Zapper's frame looks very similar to the Splatmaster's actually...
true, had to re-look at it, but it does...

how bout this (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=p2kSpaRBhwISfOF_757SDa6VAimneX0L7yE=?Pro ductID=bVPAqArbcooAAAEGVto4fw3e) ? It ain't perfect, but it is darn close, and with some creativity... :D

phizz
10-24-2006, 12:24 PM
I think a zeus woudl be way to fat, but I have to agree with the glactic z-body they are kinda similar.

mobsterboy
10-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Tac 8 (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=p2kSpaRBhwISfOF_757SDa6VAimneX0L7yE=?Pro ductID=M%2eHAqArbGwsAAAEIg9l97NTZ)
ok, chop the trigger guard off, get it powdercoated orange with grey accents, add a muzzle of sorts and write Nintendo on the side...

b2k2
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I think for economic reasons the splatmaster is the way to go. Does any one have a picture of a Z body mag? ( I know search is my friend, but it keeps timing out)

Cow hunter
10-24-2006, 02:43 PM
i think the splatmaster rapide actually looks similiar to that

b2k2
10-24-2006, 03:08 PM
I found a picture of a Z body mag. I think that is the way to go........... now to find one and a huge bore cocker barrel to go with it :)

Skoad
10-24-2006, 03:30 PM
just go find yourself a desert duck (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/recreational/pbli/2003/gallery/DVC00123.jpg)

d4m4don3
10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Remember to have the dog laugh at you everytime you miss.

:D

mobsterboy
10-24-2006, 05:29 PM
you didnt specify you were on a fixed budget or that you even planned to do it, you just asked what gun would work best. I applaud you if you actually go through it, not because thats cool or anything but you will be in a minority of people who actually follow through on project guns that they dream up and start threads about

b2k2
10-24-2006, 06:14 PM
I found a z body and a lapco wide bore. I have done very litte tinkering with markers (did just build a'55 chevy though) so it may take me a bit, but I think this would be an awesome gun to build. I think I will keep at it. I think I could really run my mouth if hit some one with an old school NES zapper. You have a OMGSUPEREXPENSIVE gun?!?! :shooting: ........ /insert dog from duck laughing at you! I will psot pics as I get parts and such!

don miguel
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
That is something you could definately do with a zbody and some good orange model paint. Or itf youve got the money, go for a custom bodykit, and anno job. :cheers:
PS I dig the retroness. Like I say OLD SCHOOL MAGS ROCK! :headbang:

b2k2
10-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Okay I have never built a gun so bare with the newb questions. Like I said I found a z body, does a normal rail work with it? I have read that any valve is okay but that the lvl 7 bolt works much better.... is this true? thanks in advance :rofl:

don miguel
10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Okay I have never built a gun so bare with the newb questions. Like I said I found a z body, does a normal rail work with it? I have read that any valve is okay but that the lvl 7 bolt works much better.... is this true? thanks in advance :rofl:

In the middle of a scenario game I trust a lvl7, in the middle of dry firing I trust a lvl10. The lvl10 is great once you get it perfectally adjusted, but until then stick with lvl7. (go with lvl7) :cheers:

wimag
10-25-2006, 06:57 PM

get the level 10. very very simple to set up. you cant go wrong with it.

wimag
10-25-2006, 07:00 PM
In the middle of a scenario game I trust a lvl7, in the middle of dry firing I trust a lvl10. The lvl10 is great once you get it perfectally adjusted, but until then stick with lvl7. (go with lvl7) :cheers:

by far the stupidest thing i have ever read. For one level 10 is rather simple to set up.

so... you dont trust dry firing level 7 but trust it in level 10. What the hell does that mean ?
How long have you even owned a mag ?

don miguel
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM
by far the stupidest thing i have ever read. For one level 10 is rather simple to set up.

so... you dont trust dry firing level 7 but trust it in level 10. What the hell does that mean ?
How long have you even owned a mag ?

I think the lvl10 is great, I own one It just get's annoying when the carrier oring breaks and I do not have another one to replace it. Im stuck with a lvl 7. :cry: Mabe the level 10 was easy for you to set up im still working on it.

MANN
10-25-2006, 09:05 PM
I know that I have not been a mag owner as most of the others on this forum, however I have owned a level 10 for over a year, and on multiple guns, and have never had any problems with my level 10. Set it up right the first time, and you will have little to no problems.

FlawleZ
10-25-2006, 11:10 PM

Stop posting. Please.

jenarelJAM
10-26-2006, 12:40 AM
It's don miguel guys... listen to what he says, he's a person too...
However, don't necessarily take what he says as fact. I'm not setting out to bash one person, since everyone sometimes expresses incorrect info as true(I do frequently), but many of don's posts have been completely useless, or possibly harmful to the person asking the question.

To don miguel, please, please, please, learn something about mags.

b2k2
10-26-2006, 06:16 AM
Actually DM could be right on the lvl 7......... I read that the lvl 10 has some sort of lip on it that makes it tricky to use with a Z body and like I have said, this is the first time I have built a gun so tinkering with a bolt may be above me. I looked at the lvl 10 from my Xmag but with out a lvl 7 to compare it with I have no clue. I will look for that article, but if any one else can enlighten me on this............. :hail:

wimag
10-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I think the lvl10 is great, I own one It just get's annoying when the carrier oring breaks and I do not have another one to replace it. Im stuck with a lvl 7. :cry: Mabe the level 10 was easy for you to set up im still working on it.

yes it was easy for me ,as it was for quie a bit of people here. You think the poster is not as technically inclined as you ? Is that why you told him to stick with level 7.
Please refrain from giving advice if you have no idea yourself.

mobsterboy
10-26-2006, 08:51 AM
yes it was easy for me ,as it was for quie a bit of people here. You think the poster is not as technically inclined as you ? Is that why you told him to stick with level 7.
Please refrain from giving advice if you have no idea yourself.

some people just dont like dismantling their gun and guessing on the parts they need. I for one, liked my xvalve with lvl 10, when it worked...Which is why I shoot other guns now, because I know with the current gun i shoot, theres always an explanation for a leak and I know just how to fix it the first time. Although...haven't had any problems with my guns since i got them, but I've had them before and will have them again

gus13
10-30-2006, 12:24 AM
lvl 10 is definitely the way to go.
by the way i like your idea and I'm hoping you post some pics when/if you get it done!

b2k2
11-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Okay i have finally found all the parts i need for this. I need to get them colored orange and grey. What would work better for this, powder coating or anno. I am not sure how detailed you can get with an annodizing. Any opinions on which would be better for what I want to do? thanks!

don miguel
11-26-2006, 06:54 PM
powder coating gives it a more thick color, and less metallic than anno, so I think powder coating would work best. :D good luck, and I can't wait to see the result!

mobsterboy
11-26-2006, 07:47 PM
powder coating gives it a more thick color, and less metallic than anno, so I think powder coating would work best. :D good luck, and I can't wait to see the result!

....or he could just go with a matte/dust finish...

Get it done right the first time and go with a quality annodizer

don miguel
11-27-2006, 08:22 AM
....or he could just go with a matte/dust finish...

Get it done right the first time and go with a quality annodizer
But it woulden't look good for what he is trying to accomplish. Why a dust finish to look like that nentendo controller? they didn't have dust finishes! powdercoating would look best! :cuss:

mobsterboy
11-27-2006, 11:57 PM
But it woulden't look good for what he is trying to accomplish. Why a dust finish to look like that nentendo controller? they didn't have dust finishes! powdercoating would look best! :cuss:

its still a paintball gun, get your head out of your *** miguel. If he really wanted it to be looking exactly like it, he prob would have went with plastic. My suggestion was for a longer lasting finish that will look great for years on end, wont "orange peel" or bubble. Why dust? Because bead blasting gives it that feel kind of like how some of nintendos stuff feels like after coming out of the plastic moulds. And with anno, theres a better chance of matching it. Powdercoat, its either match it the first time or you have to strip and redo