PDA

View Full Version : Western PA - Pittsburgh Area

Resurection
10-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Anyone living/playing in Western PA? There is a very chance I will be moving that way soon and was wondering what the scene is like.

zackzel
10-25-2006, 09:05 AM
I live in western PA. There are quite a few fields in the area. Three rivers paintball is pretty good. Crazy Dave's is cheap. The smart parts factory field is in the area never been there personally though so I can't say anything about it.

behemoth
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
I kinda wanna get somthing going around the border...

Eastern Ohio / Western PA...

Pittspuke is only 4hrs from C-town...

Resurection
10-26-2006, 08:02 AM
At this point, it looks like we'll be heading up to the Mt. Pleasant area first, and eventually settling somewhere in West Moreland county (Irwin, Greensburg, Latrobe).

This is all SE of Pittsburgh proper. Anyone in that area? I know very little about the area and need to find myself some paintball, ice/roller hockey, and a job. :)

Muzikman
10-26-2006, 08:21 AM
The huge arse Smart Parts field is on Rt30 just East of Greensburg. There also use to be a field called Fort Pitt Paintball which was off Rt 30 near Pitt at Greensburg (no idea if it is still there).

There is the Rostraver Ice Garden for ice skating. No idea about hockey leagues though.

A job, well, what do you do? There is plenty of mall / food type places around Greensburg.

Let me know when you get into town, if you are old enough we can go grab some beers.

Resurection
10-26-2006, 09:40 PM
The huge arse Smart Parts field is on Rt30 just East of Greensburg. There also use to be a field called Fort Pitt Paintball which was off Rt 30 near Pitt at Greensburg (no idea if it is still there).

There is the Rostraver Ice Garden for ice skating. No idea about hockey leagues though.

A job, well, what do you do? There is plenty of mall / food type places around Greensburg.

Let me know when you get into town, if you are old enough we can go grab some beers.

Thanks for the info... I don't think the mall will support my family. :)

I am definately old enough, too bad I don't drink though. :cheers: Still up for meeting someone local though.

What do I do? Well, I was an executive for a cable installation contractor (the cable guy) but I am very interested in finding a new line of work.

Muzikman
10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry, had no idea how old you were. :)

Well, I don't play paintball much any more, but if you want someone to show you around the city and give ya some history lessons on the area, let me know. :)

autococker04
10-30-2006, 07:04 PM
i live in pittsburgh, there are a few good fields out this way, my main is pbworld, its pretty small but i like it a lot
three rivers is a great all around establishment, but pricey
daves is cheap and pretty good
all american it a great airball place indoor, soft terf just great

behemoth
10-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Mount Pleasant.....

How does that name even get brought up, that town is SO TINY...

I have family there...

Resurection
11-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Almost there...

I have moved all my stuff up to the new house, except for some stuff I am going to need over the next two weeks. I plan to move the family up during the week of Thanksgiving.

I found hockey and paintball (the SP indoor facility is pretty nice - albeit a bit pricey). Now I just have to find some work.

Thanks for the response and I'll probably be in touch to those who offered. Thanks!