PDA

View Full Version : Paint reccomendations for emag w lvl 10

warpfeedmod
10-25-2006, 08:33 AM
I've gotten back into the game recently and have been shooting x-ball bronze at about $32 a case, its done good but I've noticed that it seems to be more brittle than other paint I've seen/used in the past. For some reason my emag, even with the level 10 tuned by AGD, is harsh on paint. I get alot of in-marker breaks and barrel breaks. I'm looking for something a bit more resillient I guess you could say. I tried Proto that someone reccomended and had nothing but bad results, worse than with the x-ball. Someone had also mentioned Marbs but at $50+ a case I was a bit reluctant. I suppose it beats the field cost of $65 a case for whatever they shoot.

Any reccomendations from fellow mag users?

eNder159
10-25-2006, 08:52 AM
drop down a carrier size and increase your bolt spring would help with any in marker chops...

although you would have to make sure that carrier oring was broken in well

warpfeedmod
10-25-2006, 08:56 AM
drop down a carrier size and increase your bolt spring would help with any in marker chops...

although you would have to make sure that carrier oring was broken in well

is it possible the carrier o-ring is too broken in? I havn't touched it/changed anything out since AGD had their hands on it like 2 years ago.

I mean its soft on my finger when I put it in the breach, so I'd venture to guess the spring/carrier combo was okay. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

BigEvil
10-25-2006, 08:57 AM
By any chance, do you have a powerfeed? You could have the old style plug. Same thing happened on my RT. Once I switched the powerfeed plug to the newer one it was golden.

I can shoot the worst crap in any of my mags with good results. There has to be something up.

Caboose
10-25-2006, 09:32 AM
WPN is definitely the best. Cheap at about $35 per case for Weapons Grade and it's not incredibly brittle. Toxic is good at $40 per case. Much better fill and is nicer all around. Watch out for Elixer ($50 per case) when it's cold out. That stuff is super brittle.

warpfeedmod
10-25-2006, 10:40 AM
By any chance, do you have a powerfeed? You could have the old style plug. Same thing happened on my RT. Once I switched the powerfeed plug to the newer one it was golden.

I can shoot the worst crap in any of my mags with good results. There has to be something up.

Nope, it was a centerfeed ule body, I just switched to a warp-left ule body but hav't shot with it yet, going on Saturday and hopefully wont have any issues.

WPN is definitely the best. Cheap at about $35 per case for Weapons Grade and it's not incredibly brittle. Toxic is good at $40 per case. Much better fill and is nicer all around. Watch out for Elixer ($50 per case) when it's cold out. That stuff is super brittle.

Never heard of WPN, I dont see anything on PBgear (their store is local to me so if I can get something form there I'd prefer it)

How is the evil Midevil paint? What about the Daxxus Midnight? I've shot that in the past without an issue, is it still a pretty decent paint?

MoeMag
10-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Out of all the times i have played I have probably used midnight the most through my mags just because it works.

Like the other fellas suggested I would look into tuning your gun as well.

I like midnight but it has a bouncy shell to it. Not my favorite.
All-star and marb... excellent paint but it just has a hard shell... will shoot through just about anything, will it break... is another question.

Nelson Anarchy... is THE BEST. if you want to have a great day get some of that. I have only shot about 8-10 cases of it but WOW... its really nice UBER thick fill nice shell and it shoots out of a mag flawlessly. I have hit field nets 30 feet away and had it break and leave a blob of goo. It’s awesome. no other paint flies as nice.
With the exception of green shell hellfire and ultra evil, but that’s just asking for trouble with mags unfortunately

On that note try Nelson Special Forces as well.

Skoad
10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Best day of play I ever remember back on my old emag was using Evil (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=Nlu02ZzBMPy0Edn-jmB0cZYVPnZxEKgdrfo=?ProductID=TDOsFAY7v80AAAD3pp% 2elA_2s). Balls seem really resilient, course it was over 3 years ago may have changed since then. My wallet, however, was quite upset. No clue what midevil is like.

don miguel
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
GO for stinger (RPS) it's good quality paint for around 40$ a case. It never broke in my barell.

athomas
10-25-2006, 05:48 PM
If its not chopping, then most likely it is a barrel problem. Use a barrel with a bigger bore size on your gun. It'll fix most barrel breaks. I have used 0 bounce paint in my emag with a large bore barrel. In fact, I always use a large bore barrel when in tournaments, just to make sure I have no issues with paint, and it always works.

SR_matt
10-25-2006, 05:55 PM
if the balls are breaking on teh bolt (not shopping but exploding when they are being shot) teh AGD tech department says to go to the next hardest main spring and adjsut your velecioty to work with it. make sure the paint isnt old becasue i had some paint that was pretty resiliant when it was new but after a few months total crap. you might want to look at midevil or premiums (i shot mid evil in 50-60's in my mag last weekend that is factory tuned (well, was i had to adjsut carriers cause of a bolt stick issue) and i got 1 break in the barrel and that was i got a double feed and 1 broke on teh bolt (got chopped i think the carrier issue had started to develope)

-matt