PDA

View Full Version : paint slinging robots?

spectre184
10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Found this article on paintball guns that can be hooked to a robot. (http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/25/pdi-bormar-paintball-gun-can-be-mounted-to-robots)

Hmmm, those feeds look like a warp feed style.

WARPED1
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
*Sigh* I knew the day would come that we wouldn't have to get off our fat lazy arses to play................

warpfeedmod
10-25-2006, 01:10 PM
those are warps. look at the side of the one you can see the black cover over the board.

That show on Discovery or History Channel, one of the two., Future Weapons, they did an episode on unmanned warfare and they had a robot that shot the A5 with the pepperballs in it for hostage/crowd control.

Pneumagger
10-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Apparently the BorMar can be hooked up to a robot for automated paintball firing up to 15m (49ft) and is ideally used in unmanned areas like a parking lot at night to splatter miscreants with bright red paint (or other assorted colors) if they trespass.
I can just see it now. A car thief getting shot with a paintball, wiping, then playing on. :rofl:
I hope PDI comes out with a PL Referie series too. :spit_take

-or howabout this-

Dick: Hey honey, there red flourescent paint all over the cars in the condo's lot! I think Willie's white convertable top is starting to stain.
Jane: Oh, don't worry. That's just the new BorMar the condo installed. It must've been saving somebody's car.
Dick: ORLY? sweet. I can sleep safer knowing the Porsche is a bit safer.
(5 mins later from the parking lot)
Dick: [yelling] goddammit! I left my windows down. :mad: [mumbles]damn robot

:rofl: silly asian enginners.

MANN
10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
It can only shoot 50ft ?? everyone knows the paint wont break at that low of velocity.

I guess we now have a solution to border patrol/control.

pyrodragon
11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
It can only shoot 50ft ?? everyone knows the paint wont break at that low of velocity.

I guess we now have a solution to border patrol/control.

remember that's only under 290fps. i'm sure it's shooting more than that. hate to be hit by one in the winter time too.

Danimal82
11-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Rent-a-cops, Robots, and paintballs. Sounds like a recipe for lawsuits.