PDA

View Full Version : Fun with a Mac

behemoth
10-26-2006, 01:12 PM
I was looking around the various options on this thing, and i found out how to do a screen shot.

Command + Control + Shift + 3

wtf?

Also, hold Command, Control, Option, and push 8.

(cool way to freak people out.)

beam
10-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Fun with a Mac

Liar...it can't be had.

-seriously, that is pretty funny. When I saw that spoof where the dude is going off on Macs and talking about getting control of the system by pressing ctrl-option-shift-something-something-something, I didn't get it. But if that's what you have to do to get a screen shot? lol

Mac: Hi, I'm a Mac.

PC: And, I'm a PC.

Mac: Oh, hi PC, did you know my users can take screenshots?

PC: [nervously]No, I didn't realize that. You're probably gonna tell me that the screenshot is taken simply by you thinking of taking a screenshot and that world peace is accomplished in the interim.

Mac: Actually, no, all you have to do is press Command + Control + Shift + 3.

PC: I think world peace would be easier.

slade
10-26-2006, 02:11 PM
mac FTL :(

FC FTW! ;)

seriously though, i think school computers have biased me against macs, they really suck.

behemoth
10-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes, youre right, fun with macs cannot be had.

UNLESS YOU INVERT SOMEONES SCREEN, i got so many ZOMGWTF HAPPENED!??!! today.

SCpoloRicker
10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Meh, I like my 21" iMac just fine.

/doesn't play games on comps

Hexis
10-27-2006, 02:08 PM
seriously though, i think school computers have biased me against macs, they really suck.

Clearly the expert. We shall all revolt against Apple now.

behemoth
10-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Clearly the expert. We shall all revolt against Apple now.

No, i thought macs were HORRIBLE cos of the ones at school.

Now we got Mac Pro's, and they still suck imo, but not as bad

The old g3's we had were just.....bad.

scion
10-27-2006, 02:25 PM
I have a iMac coreduo with BootCamp (for XP)... its pretty nice but also really expensive.

jenarelJAM
10-27-2006, 03:32 PM
It's CMD+Ctrl+Shift+4 for screenshot on this mac...

sniper1rfa
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
odd. I press F3 for a selection screen shot (click and drag the area you want the shot) and F4 for a full screen screenshot.

Maybe i'm just special. :clap:

slade
10-28-2006, 12:49 PM
see, i just press "print screen" and it saves the screenshot to the desktop, or wherever i want.

if i need a selection, gimp does the job well.

CKY_Alliance
10-28-2006, 11:46 PM
see, i just press "print screen" and it saves the screenshot to the desktop, or wherever i want.

if i need a selection, gimp does the job well.

You use gimp...know any good web site tutorials so i can learn to use this shiz..?

Macs are good for media..producing music and movies and such...

scion
10-29-2006, 08:13 AM
for me its command shift 3 and command shift 4 + drag lets you take just a select area. the inverted colors thing is sweet.

slade
10-29-2006, 09:48 AM
You use gimp...know any good web site tutorials so i can learn to use this shiz..?
its a lot like photoshop. it has a lot of the same features and filters, although some buttons or features may be a bit different. most photoshop tutorials will carry over to GIMP fairly well, or you could do a google search for gimp tutorials. ive never bothered looking.

do you use linux?

CKY_Alliance
10-29-2006, 10:51 PM
its a lot like photoshop. it has a lot of the same features and filters, although some buttons or features may be a bit different. most photoshop tutorials will carry over to GIMP fairly well, or you could do a google search for gimp tutorials. ive never bothered looking.

do you use linux?

No linux..i just got gimp, it has the PS plug ins..havn't really messed with it to much..

slade
10-30-2006, 02:53 PM
No linux..i just got gimp, it has the PS plug ins..havn't really messed with it to much..
then go mess around with it!

CKY_Alliance
10-30-2006, 03:19 PM
It angers me.

Hexis
10-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Did you try GimpShop? It makes the menus similar to Photoshop on Gimp. It made it slightly more usable for me till I broke down and just got Photoshop.