PDA

View Full Version : Regrets, doubts, thoughts, huh?(rant type thing)

buzzboy
10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Well, I tried to make a pneumag and I think I failed. I can't get it to shoot at all using a classic valve with AM/MM on/off. I tried cranking up the pressure up bit by bit and I blew some micro line. Well that sucked and scared me [excrement]less. And the job I did on the frame looks like crap to. I missed a couple times with the dremmel and had a few strays from disks breaking. And I had to drill two actuating rod holes because my bit broke off/welded it self into the first one.

I am starting to think that me making a pneumag was a silly idea(should have had pneumagger do it). Then again hindsight is 20/20(or in this case better ;) ). I am a screw up at home mods anyways(eccept polishing. But how hard is that).

I guess I am going to gut it and sell off the pneumag parts sighs. Then I can go back to running it mech.

This leads me to my next question. I would kinda like to know a ballpark of what my mag is worth(trade or cash).

Mint Condition P/F R Minimag Body
Good Condition Minimag Valve matching Serial Numbers
Steel Braided hose with Q/D
Level 10 installed and tuned. Including full kit.
Blue Splash Rail with matching V/A and Expansion chamber
Nickle Y frame with a couple small holes(from PNEU)
Polished Black Duckbill
TL L/R 13" Crownpoint
~and or~
TL L/R 13" Armson Stealth Barrel

Really I would like to get a faster gun. I soon might be getting an adjustable tank(some nitroduck) so I was at one point thinking of another mag with a reactive valve of some sort. Would make me happy. Mags are my thing and mech is pretty sweet.

Other idea of mine would be to save a little more ca$h and go for an electro. It would have to be used and not an EGO/DM4,5,6/ION. All are guns I really don't care for. I was thinking I might be able to find an Angel LCD with eyes, Angel IR3, DM3, LCD Matrix with eyes or something like that. Maybe even an IMP if I can find the right deal. Anybody have a suggestion?

cowboy_00
10-26-2006, 08:43 PM
stick with Mech mags...they are (as we all know) nearly unbreakable...and for most of us, relatively easy to fix.

I love mech mags...

/and again ill state, ZV proved mech is just as good or better than electro (if you have 3k running into the gun)

cdacda13
10-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Sending you a PM.

Pneumagger
10-26-2006, 09:59 PM
send me some pics... it can be salvaged. ;)

Rudz
10-26-2006, 10:49 PM
salvaged? lol

buzzboy
10-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, salvaged is a good term. Ha. No, it could be fixed but I would rather just get something different. Though I will post some pics here to show all.

buzzboy
10-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Pneumagger, here be the pics. Do you think you could make her work? (and just how bad of a job did I do)
http://tnight.net/folder-view.php?folder_id=13076&start=25

Chaos_Theory!
10-29-2006, 01:27 AM
If you go electro and want anything other than AGD, go with AKA. I just bought a viking and excal and wont ever look back. I now understand why AKA owners are almost always AKA owners. You can get a nice 04 Vik for $500 or less. Not even AGDs finest has anything on these two markers (im refering to the ones i own). Ive owned a lot of AGD guns and loved them so thats saying a lot.

FlawleZ
10-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Like Chaos Theory said, AKA makes QUALITY markers. You can pick an 03 VIking up for cheap. Like $350 cheap. I reccommend either a Viking or Excal over any of the DM series. Angels are nice guns too. In my opinion, I think the older the Angel, the better it is as far as quality and consistency.

buzzboy
10-29-2006, 08:16 AM
I too have always liked the VIks/Excals and the Ir3 and earlier angels. Thats really what I was looking for. Just I want something with eyes because I only have a Revy and no cash to get a better hopper. I am actually working on getting a Raced Merlin from thefool. But I'm not sure if that will work out. I am also looking at a FreeFlow Matrix but I am leary because I don't want to chop(no eyes). I know lately people have been talking about "you don't have to have eyes" and all but I have had LX for a while now and I am used to never chopping. Ever.

warbeak2099
10-29-2006, 09:21 AM
I too have always liked the VIks/Excals and the Ir3 and earlier angels. Thats really what I was looking for. Just I want something with eyes because I only have a Revy and no cash to get a better hopper. I am actually working on getting a Raced Merlin from thefool. But I'm not sure if that will work out. I am also looking at a FreeFlow Matrix but I am leary because I don't want to chop(no eyes). I know lately people have been talking about "you don't have to have eyes" and all but I have had LX for a while now and I am used to never chopping. Ever.

I know the Freeflow Anderson board supported eyes and I'm sure it came with them. I seem to remember the techs at Pro Paintball (Freeflow) talking about doing Anderson installs when I'd walk in sometimes. If it were just a board, I don't think they have to do an "install".

Chaos_Theory!
10-29-2006, 12:43 PM

As much as people here on AO praise the Level 10, it cannot ever totally replace etes. I agree that its an amazing innovation but eyes are just better. As i said before, i seriously suggest looking into a Viking.

wjr
10-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I say look into an Impulse. They can be bought for super cheap on ebay or the B/S/t. They also seem to be pretty reliable and rarely brake.

Chaos_Theory!
10-29-2006, 01:28 PM
No imps.....

Youd be insane to take an imp over any AKA gun.

wjr
10-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Thats true... but an Imp is way cheaper.

Chaos_Theory!
10-29-2006, 01:41 PM
In that case ya get what ya pay for though. Viks dont cost that much and you get way more for your money.

jenarelJAM
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
As much as people here on AO praise the Level 10, it cannot ever totally replace etes. I agree that its an amazing innovation but eyes are just better. As i said before, i seriously suggest looking into a Viking.
I could argue against this, but instead, I'll agree with it.
This is why I have a Viking, and why I want to drop my emag lowers for pneumag lowers. Then I'll have a mech marker with lvlX and electro with eyes. :P