PDA

View Full Version : Goodness - bet you wish you were there...

than205
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Haven't written a thing in a while. Mostly been lurking here watching. Always good stuff posted here by some very smart people. I've finally had reason to write. A great reason I think.

Let's see, when was Shatnerball at EMR in PA. Two years ago? I'd been watching it develop here and decided to drive down and enjoy. None of my friends could spare the time so I went solo. All in all a great time at a great field.

Only one bummer the whole time. I was in the guest bunk house with a wacked out Trekkie who seriously had issues with the local teams sleep habits. (he needed his nappy to be at least the full 8) Those of you that where around at the time will remember his exciting posts.

I've explained in the past my love of all things AGD, so I won't go over that again. One of the highlights was talking to Tom, albeit too briefly. I got thank him for a prize I won back around that time. Another highlight was talking to some very cool guys (Sombrero dude and Co.) who were running with some very cool/rare gear: PGP's, KP and a Nasty Typhoon (I think). They saw my Z-grip and thought it kinda cool to see it out on the field.

In the real world, I work during the week as a Cad-weenie and on the weekends I ref at a nearby field. I'm an old fart by most of y'alls standards. My son has recently started college. So, I have very little spare time and very little money. I pretty much resigned myself to the mechanical marker world due to cost.

Anyway, back to Shatnerball at EMR. The games were great fun and well played. Everything wrapped up with some raffles and an auction. One of the raffles was a beautiful Black ULE Emag which Tom gave away. The winner was as it turns out a very nice guy. When he went to the stage someone asked him how long he had played or how much. He said that this was his first time ever playing paintball. Someone then joked something like "You will now!"

To be honest at the time I, like many perhaps was bummed not to have won. I thought he'll never appreciate it.

Last month (?) the field manager where I work mentioned he and another guy were headed down to play Castle Conquest. He said that his buddy had a plush motor home. I couldn't pass it up and my wife knew I needed the pseudo-vacation. We got down there, setup the night before. We helped the couple next to us park. The next morning we got up and got ready.

The girl next door was having troubles with her marker so I fixed it. The guy she was with came out and we all started talking about paintball. They were very cool people who got together to play at EMR every once in a while. So, he mentions he got this paintball gun that he's tried to sell the last time they were here. All he wants is between this or that. Really, what kind is it? An Emag.

Like I said before, I have no money. Still, I can't help but offer his lower desired amount. (verrrry low). To my surprise he said sure. He brings it out and we discuss it's origins. Sure enough, it's that very same Emag and it's been in his closet unused for 2 years. I was so freaked out.

Did I take advantage of him? Probably. I was prepared for him to say that he'd prefer to try and sell it for a higher amount. I knew I couldn't ever come up with it's true value. When he sold it to me I made certain that he knew how much I appreciated it. I made it clear that I could make it up to him some how. He said he would be my way some time, so I told him I'd take care of everything once he got here.

I had it charged and in the game by the afternoon. I've since shot a half-case through it. Uled the rail and tuned the trigger. Thanks to the Tech forum!!

Tom, what can I say? WOW!!! Awesome marker!

Final note. Got to play a little speedball recently. Gogged a national ranked player who thought he'd come back to the old field and show em how it's done. Very satisfying.

sorry it was soo long....

punkncat
10-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Thats pretty cool for you to come across the the same marker again, and own it. Glad to see an older member come back and tell a good story.

:clap:

Rudz
10-26-2006, 10:57 PM
great story, piks of the gun, have you read up on the "xmod" software..its wonderful :cheers:

onedude36
10-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Thats pretty random/cool that you stumbled on the same gun. :tard:

Lohman446
10-27-2006, 02:27 PM
StarbaseCGI and Collegeboy. Though many have tried to rise to their level of idiocy none have yet managed.

/A few have come very close though.

rkjunior303
10-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Starbase LOL. That guy was a trainwreck.

don miguel
10-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Thats a pretty cool story. How is shatnerball anyways? Ive never been and want to go.

behemoth
10-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Starbase LOL. That guy was a trainwreck.

QFT

::edit:: Its Starbase's protoge above me!

Remington
10-27-2006, 03:09 PM
And Collegeboy . . . :tard:

:rolleyes:

Anyway. Great story than! It's amazing how many things in life just circle around and come back into our lives! Enjoy! :)

Fred
10-27-2006, 05:23 PM
LOL... those were good times...

I miss them... :cry: