PDA

View Full Version : Camp Blanding MOUT Site, Memorial Day Weekend

Lawrence TB Wright
10-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Yeppers, it got confirmed here in Texas this past weekend. Seems that there will be 2 Blanding events next year. Viper Scenarios will be doing a Blanding event on Memorial Day weekend. Viper is at his mom's right now after her surgery, but he will be posting more on here I am sure. But I will be bringing a 'few' Texans to this event, so I hope to see all the Florida peeps out there then if not before.

I'm excited to say the least!

Lawrence TB Wright
10-26-2006, 11:23 PM
From Viper today on PBNation:

Begin Post:

Okay, even though I am caring for my mom after her triple-bypass, and am stuck in the boonies in Louisiana where my only access to the Net is at the local library, I figured, from the phone calls, that I needed to reply to this. I really hadn't intended to make official announcements until I got back to my office in Houston. But since this has been addressed...

Yes, it is carved in stone (unless the military yanks my date for training). Aside form that, I have agreements with David A. Silverman, Facility Agency Coordinator for Camp Blanding Joint Training Center, having met with him personally and toured the facility, and made final arrangements in his office near the lake inside Camp Blanding (second door on the right from the side entrance, I believe). All issues have been settled including deposit amount, responsibilities, the date, and all insurance requirements have been met, including submission of proper certificates. In other words...both parties are good to go.

We are attempting to raise the bar with regard to events at Blanding. The reffing staff will be headed by the famous "Discipline Lords" professional reffing crew out of Canada. They are known best for their outstanding reputations officiating such world-class annual events as the World Cup and Wayne Dollack's Grand Finale. You may also be familiar with them from my events at Sherwood Forest Paintball in Indiana. They are serious about their job, without being overbearing or obstructing to play. True professional referees of the highest caliber.

Industry notables are in the slot as commanders. We are currently awaiting final confirmation. (Another reason I wanted to wait)

Another note, this event is being set up as a headbanger. I told folks at Twilight Zone IX, when I made the announcement, that this isn't going to be set up as a "feel good" "warm fuzzies" game. If that is what you are looking for you might wanna pass. But if you are used to playing with leg-weights and trimming back your intensity in the interest of not beating the other guys too badly, then this this will be a refreshing chance to play as hard as you can. If you are gonna cry about the other side hammering you, stay home. If this simply motivates you to play harder when it happens...we'll see you there.

This does NOT mean that we will expect a lower level of good sportmanship.
This does NOT mean that we will accept anything but stand-up play.
This does NOT mean that we will tolerate cheating or poor behavior.
This does NOT mean that we will tolerate overshooting or abuse, verbal or otherwise.

Pricing should be at, or near, our usual event pricing; that being entry as low as $45 and paint at $65 a case.

As far as Wayne Dollack, he and Jackie were there with me touring the facility and talking to Mr. Silverman. We are still discussing what level his involvement will be. I have his blessing for this Florida event either way. I'm not there to hurt Wayne or his events. We are close friends as is obvious by our jointly-produced event in October of 2005 in Texas. The only time, to the best of my knowledge, that Wayne has approached ANY scenario director with the idea of producing a game together. I was truly honored, and we both had a great time.

If Wayne decides to come along it will likely be a repeat of what we did together last year, with him running props and roleplaying, and me running missions and scoring. Either way the event will be fair, honest, and straightforward. However, at this point he has expressed the desire to step back and let me have the spotlight. He wants to see me do this and be recognized for it. Is that a Dad's oulook or what?

Stay tuned for official announcements and press releases...

End Post