PDA

View Full Version : lvl10 in RT PRO

swalling23589
10-27-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm attempting to install a lvl 10 in my new RT pro valve. I am following the instructions to a T but no matter what Carrier I install it will not fire. I noticed that the post that is normaly out just behind the trigger is not their. When I remove the valve it pops out. If I re install the original power tube and carrier it works just fine????? Also when I inatall the LVL 10 bolt bolt on the tube it it about 1/16 of an inch from the cushin. Does any ofthis makes sence to anyone??????

athomas
10-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Your carrier is too small. If it is too tight, the bolt spring won't push the bolt all the way to the bumper. If the bolt doesn't fully seat, then the sear can't reset and the trigger rod won't push out behind the trigger.

swalling23589
10-27-2006, 12:13 PM
No matter what carrier I put in the bolt does not drop all the way to the bunper???? I even tried useing the original power tube and the LVL 10 bolt will not go down to the bunper???? I'm really confused!

swalling23589
10-27-2006, 12:27 PM
I removed the washer from the top and now the bolt drops to the bumper. The post does come out to the trigger now but the gun will not fire. Any suggestions??

d4m4don3
10-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Did you adjust your velocity adjuster? I know the level 10 requires more pressure to shoot. No wait never mind, thats not the prob. :p Call agd they're open right now.

swalling23589
10-27-2006, 01:25 PM
I turned up the volocity and it seems to be working just fine. No leaks or anything so far. Now all I need to do is run some paint through it and check the volocity. I amazed at the rate of fire out of the rt pro valve though. Dont think I want to get the E-mag lower as of right now.

athomas
10-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I removed the washer from the top and now the bolt drops to the bumper.
What washer are you talking about?

swalling23589
10-27-2006, 03:35 PM
The one at the bottom of the power tube, before the carrier. That was the only way I could get the bolt to seat all the way down onto the tube. I ran about 50 or so rounds through it at it seems to be shooting fine. I think I might need to do some fine tuning though.

flyingpootang
10-27-2006, 05:36 PM
The white washer goes in first, the carrier, the shim(s), then the power tube top...

athomas
10-27-2006, 06:04 PM
If you try to use it without the backing washer, you could risk having the carrier oring dislodged into the air chamber.

Are you sure you had the carrier in properly?

swalling23589
10-28-2006, 09:30 AM
I was mistaken it was the washer on the top just before the power tube tip. After putting some paint through it it.s now misfireing from time to time. Is that due to the Carrier being to small? I tried putting a lorger one in and it seemed to do it worse??

Tunaman
10-28-2006, 11:01 AM
You need that white washer in there. Put it back and take out all the shims. Fit L10 carrier with washer onto the bolt stem so it is just lightly snug. Reassemble. Attatch air source and crank up velocity until it clicks. Chrono.

swalling23589
10-28-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm getting so frustrated with this. I have went through an entire 72ci 3000psi tank. I am supposed to play today but the weather does not look like its going to hold out. I only have 2 shims in at the moment but I will give it a try. I have to get more air to check and see if that helps.

swalling23589
10-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I took out all the shims and put in the washer on the top. All that is in the power tube now is the bottom washer, the carrier with 2 lines and a dot, and last the top washer then the tip. With that set up the bolt still does not make contact with the bumper! I'm really confused!

Coralis
10-28-2006, 01:56 PM
http://www.airgun.com/Images/Explo_med.gif

It should go like this ..... you probably wont need the shims

athomas
10-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Assemble your level 10 like shown in the diagram. The carrier and oring combination should fit on the bolt stem with only a slight bit of resistance and should slide without much effort. If it slides on its own when the bolt is held vertical, then it is too loose. If you have to force it, then it is too tight.

1) Place the backing washer in first.
2) Insert the carrier and oring (oring facing in).
3) Screw tip into powertube.
4) Insert bolt
5) Place bolt spring over bolt
6) Insert valve assembly into gun body

There is no top washer.

Try this setup and see if it works. Don't worry about the shims. It'll work fine without them.