PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thinking about the PS3?

jenarelJAM
10-27-2006, 03:42 PM
My stepmom works for Sony, and she's been working overtime recently to get the PS3 out on time, and so naturally, she talks about it a bit when she gets home...
Seems that a large part of the marketing is that it will be a hdtv blu-ray player for $700 that also has the perk of an incredible gaming device...
I've never been a fan of playstation(don't like the circle square etc. I like letters :P) I was just wondering what fans of playstation think about the PS3. How many AOers are going to get one when they come out?

Altimas
10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Well seeing its gonna be near impossible to get one right when they come out I'll prolly be looking at one next year sometime.

Altimas
10-27-2006, 04:49 PM
But I definately want one over a 360...PS always has better games for my tastes.

Steelrat
10-27-2006, 05:07 PM
I'll be getting a 360. I'm betting over 50% of the first batch sold will be purchased for the express purpose of reselling them at a higher price.

The blueray for $700 is a nice feature, though I doubt that other bluray manufacturers will appreciate that aspect quite as much, considering that the stand-alone players cost $1000 right now.

SpecialBlend2786
10-27-2006, 05:19 PM
My dad is toying around with the idea cause of the Bluray player. But we'll probably wait for awhile before actually getting one. I'm always scared of getting a new system at launch, there are aways problems that need sorting out.

Cases in point: the 360, ps2, playstation

FlawleZ
10-27-2006, 05:39 PM
My dad is toying around with the idea cause of the Bluray player. But we'll probably wait for awhile before actually getting one. I'm always scared of getting a new system at launch, there are aways problems that need sorting out.

Cases in point: the 360, ps2, playstation

This seems to be consistent with all things new. Cars, electronics, etc.

zackzel
10-27-2006, 05:41 PM
For the price difference I will definatly stick with my 360.

Head knight of Ni
10-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I'll be getting a 360. I'm betting over 50% of the first batch sold will be purchased for the express purpose of reselling them at a higher price.

The blueray for $700 is a nice feature, though I doubt that other bluray manufacturers will appreciate that aspect quite as much, considering that the stand-alone players cost $1000 right now.

But is blueray even worth it. I don't see blueray "catching on" any time soon.

No doubt it will sell well in Japan but, Sony has irregarded EUROPE. I believe the Nintendo Wii will outsell the PS3 in japan (major market for both) and possibly the N.A. or EU markets. Sony has made many terrible choices with this console.

I'll go the route of Wii60. Better everything for a comparable price.

SpecialBlend2786
10-27-2006, 05:59 PM
But is blueray even worth it. I don't see blueray "catching on" any time soon.

No doubt it will sell well in Japan but, Sony has irregarded EUROPE. I believe the Nintendo Wii will outsell the PS3 in japan (major market for both) and possibly the N.A. or EU markets. Sony has made many terrible choices with this console.

I'll go the route of Wii60. Better everything for a comparable price.

If you want to play the next gen Hidef media's on your 360, it's going to end up costing close to what the PS3 will cost anyway.

Head knight of Ni
10-27-2006, 06:09 PM
If you want to play the next gen Hidef media's on your 360, it's going to end up costing close to what the PS3 will cost anyway.

It's a video game console. I will be able to play games in 1080i(which I don't need nor have) after the next update. The PSP tried the whole multi-function and failed miserably to the DS. Perhaps the same situation will emerge?

Oh, BTW you will not be able to play PS3 in 1080i out of the box.

PyRo
10-27-2006, 06:21 PM

Never.
Can I pre-order one to have it in time to sell on eBay before Christmass?

WhiteWulf
10-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Never.
Can I pre-order one to have it in time to sell on eBay before Christmass?

lol but the whole thing with the wii is that ya it's great to sit like you're actually holding a gun but after a while the whole thing will be more tiring then it's worth and it's only projected to get 20% of the sales with the other two holding firm 40%'s even...

benzy2
10-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I cant afford it. I thought I was going to die over the price of the 360 when I got it. I dont need blue ray or whatever. The picture from the 360 is amazing. I cant imagine noticing so much more detail to pay the extra money. I would rather get a premium 360, live for a year, 3 extra controllers and then two games over just the ps3 as a HD player. Ive loved playstation for a longs time. then I bought a regular xbox and had it modded. From that point I havent looked back at playstation. I would love to play one but not for 700 bucks. Its just not worth it.

personman
10-27-2006, 09:19 PM
IMO? I think it's going to flop...
But we'll find out soon enough.

Archangel Kid
10-27-2006, 10:26 PM

Cases in point: the 360 , ps2, playstation

I've had each of them on the day of launch. Well, my brother had the PS2. Never had a single problem with any of the systems. I even had the original xbox from day of launch and never had a single problem. Traded it in when 360 came out because I had no need for it anymore. Honestly most of the problems are USER error when it comes to these things. Especially the 360 problems. Most people were just shoving the power bricks and the system in to an entertainment center and leaving no room for air flow. Any who one of my friends some how managed to get 5 of the premium systems preordered for ebay. He told my brother he'll sell one to him for what ever it costs him to get it, so hopefully that comes through. Only time will tell.

/holy long post.
//batman.

kenndogg
10-28-2006, 12:39 AM
does that mean the 306 will see a price drop for the holidays? I sure hope so especially if its on the after Thanksgiving blitz.

if 700.00 is indeed the price for a ps3, and I'm def going for the 360

tribalman
10-28-2006, 03:15 AM
i say wait. i am a fan of nintendo and the playstation. but i'm not going to get any of the "next-gen" consoles. 360 costs way too much and there aren't any games that I want. wii? /sigh. every nintendo fanboy i know is eager for it cause it will "change the way games are played" but everyone else doesn't really care. and the playstation 3? are you kidding me? sixaxis? no rumble? can't even change the darn wireless controller battery? don't even get me started on the darn DRM and the atrocity that is blu-ray. sony just did everything wrong with this console. they were trying to please everybody from the consumer to the people in charge of annoying everyone with ratings and lawsuits over content protection.

and why would you get the ps3 for $700? then again you are paying for 2 consoles, hehe. couldn't even make it backwards compatable with out shoving a ps2 in there also! :rofl:
i don't see why it mattered that much. n64 is the only thing to play those games and i didn't hear that big of an uproar about that? how about the DS not playing original gameboy games? or the gameboy micro only playing advance games? we have the ps2, we don't need a ps3/2. well, at least i dont.

PyRo
10-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Also why pay that much for a system when you can pick up the best one ever made for less than $50 and most games for a couple bucks a piece.

http://www.som.soton.ac.uk/staff/njj/comedygamer/consolepics/nes/nes_console.jpg

FlawleZ
10-28-2006, 10:50 AM
I don't understand. Where did the $700 dollar pricetag come from? Sony has already stated the prices will be $499 with the 20 GB HD, and $599 with the 60 GB HD.

olinar
10-28-2006, 10:52 AM
ive always like paystation and ive always felt that their controls were more comfortable but when i got my 360 i started to enjoy it even more.only thing that dissapointed me about the 360 is the whole "backwards compatible" thing.for an extra 100 bucks you can play xbox games which i tried.turns out that are certain games you can play for xbox on the 360.games that noone would have.ill prolly get the ps2 but only when i have a lot of extra money floatin around.which isnt anytome soon cause my mags arent done yet lol.

FlawleZ
10-28-2006, 11:02 AM
ive always like paystation and ive always felt that their controls were more comfortable but when i got my 360 i started to enjoy it even more.only thing that dissapointed me about the 360 is the whole "backwards compatible" thing.for an extra 100 bucks you can play xbox games which i tried.turns out that are certain games you can play for xbox on the 360.games that noone would have.ill prolly get the ps2 but only when i have a lot of extra money floatin around.which isnt anytome soon cause my mags arent done yet lol.

Yup. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking on that one. I guess they weren't at all.

LinearGoose
10-28-2006, 11:37 AM
^^^^^ Yeah but at least they put the most important ones , Halo and Halo2.

billybob_81067
10-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Heck I'd just wait and buy one after all the hype and price goes way down. In fact I've just bought my very own N64 off of e-bay a few days ago! Got it in the mail today and I'm so excited I'm about ready to wet myself! Golden eye, Mario 64, and Zelda here I come!

Lol... I would be hooking it up right now, but I'm making it serve double duty as my toy as well as an x-mas present for my daughter. I'll just hook it up at night, play like crazy and then stash it away before I go to bed. :ninja:

So far i've got

NES
SNES
N64
PS2

and as far as I'm concerned those play all the games I've ever wanted to play anyways! I'm not really much of a new game gamer, I just like all the old school stuff that I played with my buddies growing up.

:)

Steelrat
10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Yup. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking on that one. I guess they weren't at all.

Or possibly there is a perfectly legitimate reason that they couldn't. Isn't the 360 operating on a different architecture? Plus, I think MS is still working on making all the games BC.

And why is this suddenly an issue? I don't remember people complaining that their SNES games wouldn't play on a N64. If you have xbox games, then you have an xbox, so keep using that. We're lucky that MS made some games usable on the 360, and in enhanced versions at that!

tribalman
10-28-2006, 03:29 PM
yup, games nobody wants to play. :rolleyes: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

lets see. CS, Tom clancy, halos, tony hawk, the hulk, star wars battlefronts, etc.

FlawleZ
10-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Or possibly there is a perfectly legitimate reason that they couldn't. Isn't the 360 operating on a different architecture? Plus, I think MS is still working on making all the games BC.

And why is this suddenly an issue? I don't remember people complaining that their SNES games wouldn't play on a N64. If you have xbox games, then you have an xbox, so keep using that. We're lucky that MS made some games usable on the 360, and in enhanced versions at that!

It becomes an issue when that's what the competitor brings to the table. Initially, the sales war will be about who can do what for how much. Eventually, it will come down to the title list and 3rd party support each will gain or produce throughout the system's longevity. Sony is known for having the greatest collection of titles for any system ever. Seeing as how its completely backwards compatible, they're being smart by keeping all of their previous customers who already spent a lot of money on PS1 and PS2 games.

Steelrat
10-28-2006, 05:50 PM
It becomes an issue when that's what the competitor brings to the table. Initially, the sales war will be about who can do what for how much. Eventually, it will come down to the title list and 3rd party support each will gain or produce throughout the system's longevity. Sony is known for having the greatest collection of titles for any system ever. Seeing as how its completely backwards compatible, they're being smart by keeping all of their previous customers who already spent a lot of money on PS1 and PS2 games.

I'd agree that it's better to have them be compaitble, but I'm guessing the design of the 360 made backwards-compatability difficult. That being said, they are trying to get to all of them eventually. Are the PS1 and 2 games shown in a higher resolution when played on a PS3?

Head knight of Ni
10-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Well, you see... ...maybe not (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/24/playstation-3-not-100-backwards-compatible/)

Sony's PS3 controller is nearly a copy of the 360's controller setup. Triggers anyone?

FlawleZ
10-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Are the PS1 and 2 games shown in a higher resolution when played on a PS3?

I would assume so. The hardware in the PS3 is what is capable of the higher resolutions so I would assume it would run the older games at the new resolution.

Well, you see... ...maybe not (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/24/playstation-3-not-100-backwards-compatible/)

Sony's PS3 controller is nearly a copy of the 360's controller setup. Triggers anyone?

I'd seriously question the reliability of that source. And the PS3 controller is nearly identical to the PS2's.

Head knight of Ni
10-29-2006, 05:46 PM
And the PS3 controller is nearly identical to the PS2's.

key word setup. PS3 added: triggers, a guide button, and six axis motion sensing. The only difference in the button layout/setup of the 360 and PS3 is the D-pad and left stick.

FeelTheRT
10-29-2006, 11:51 PM
its pretty hyped up. Everyone thinks its amazing now, but when it comes out its just w/e. Just like my 360. I dont even wanna know how my brother and dad got it when it first came out but im sure it was a hell of a lot of money. We barely even touch it. Same with every other console that was supposed to be the breaking edge console, i was never impressed with any console's graphics because they hype it up so much that im just expecting way too much. The only console that i was ever amazed was N64. That was a huge leap, it was 3d.

skife
10-31-2006, 01:30 PM
i've heard that the WII release date is nov 19th, unreliable source but its what i heard.

FlawleZ
10-31-2006, 01:53 PM
i've heard that the WII release date is nov 19th, unreliable source but its what i heard.

It's supposed to release the day after the PS3.

PumpPlayer
10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
It's a video game console. I will be able to play games in 1080i(which I don't need nor have) after the next update. The PSP tried the whole multi-function and failed miserably to the DS. Perhaps the same situation will emerge?

Somebody give that man a cookie! :clap:

I don't think BluRay will catch on nor will any "next-gen" DVD technology. Not right now at least. HD is growing but most people still don't have it. What they do have is an entire library full of DVDs and a system that they'd rather not switch out. I also don't think people are going to want to pay $40 for a BluRay disc...

Sony cranks out the "next best thing", dumps it on the market then walks away once they've made a few bucks off it. They don't make it easily compatible with existing hardware and media and they overcharge for it. That's just their business model.

The PS1 was a fantastic machine but that's only because it was a Nintendo product that got dumped when they decided to stick with cartridges with the 64. By comparison, I think PS2 was inferior to the PS1, taking into account the technology gap of a few years, of course. The PS3 looks to be great at what it wants to do but I think it misses the mark and alienates too much of it's market because it's not a pure gaming machine.

The Wii is going to ship with more units, has better manufacturer support, a better warranty, has games that appeal to a much wider demographic and comes with a price tag 1/3 of the PS3.

November 19th is indeed the date and I know which system I'll be buying...

tribalman
10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
wow. sony is just dying on this console, release numbers are cut in half, AGAIN!! :rofl:
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/10/31/sony_cuts_ps3_numbers_ms_rolls_out_360_update/
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212
oh well, just gives them more time to over hype the darn thing :D

yes the wii out in november. nintendo.com even has it up on their site.

SpecialBlend2786
10-31-2006, 02:38 PM
A cool little ps3 site that has some neat info on the consule. Of course it's there to generate hype, but it's entertaining if you're in the market.

http://www.playb3yond.com/

Armory
10-31-2006, 02:53 PM
The PS3 is ALOT of hype, all the numbers point to the fact that it has massive processing speeds BUT the same graphical out put and the inability to carry a stable 1080 signal. The HD/DVD BlueRay stuff is try to introduce it into the market but frankly its WAY to early for it to be a mainliner in a gaming system. MS was smart by making an External HD drive for release when ever its ready or when ever they think the markets ready. Things over budget and overpriced.

gibby
11-01-2006, 05:11 PM

You mean 1080p. 1080i should be fine out of the box. Not too many people have 1080p HDTVs anyway. As to why the PSP failed, I don't think it failed cause it tried to do too many things, it failed because of the games. Lots of people complained that the games for the PSP were mostly PS2 ports. It's hard to find "original" titles for the PSP. Why?

Simple. It's because if you do the budgeting for making a PSP game, it's almost as much as making a PS2 game. The PS2 has a larger market share. So why not develop a PS2 game which can be easily ported down to the PSP? This will allow a studio to be more successful and reach a wider audience.

However, you have to admit, Nintendo has always ruled the handheld market and they managed to break free from the usual gaming audience with the DS. Also, the number of unique games was also in abundance which was their key to success. Unfortunately for the PSP, I think they missed out by making the hardware too expensive and favored the technogeeks.

gibby
11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
The PS3 is ALOT of hype, all the numbers point to the fact that it has massive processing speeds BUT the same graphical out put and the inability to carry a stable 1080 signal. The HD/DVD BlueRay stuff is try to introduce it into the market but frankly its WAY to early for it to be a mainliner in a gaming system. MS was smart by making an External HD drive for release when ever its ready or when ever they think the markets ready. Things over budget and overpriced.

The bluray drive isn't for only watching movies in HD. If Sony's plan is to release true HD games, you need the storage capacity for it. Higher resolutions means more detailed textures. More detailed textures means bigger files to store on 1 disk. Not to mention the HD audio. As for MS's external HD-DVD, they've made it clear that it's only going to be used for HD-DVD movie playback.

I do however wished Sony would allow you to upgrade or add options to the PS3 very similar to what you can do with the 360. Release a base model that doesn't cost so much and allow people to buy the addons like the hard drive, bluray drive, WiFi, and multicard reader. At least this way, you would have minimized problems during production and have a higher production yield eliminating the shortages of units. Not to mention minimize costs.

But like many of you, I will buy one later once they come out with more games I'd like to play on it. I could probably afford to buy one now if I could, but why bother if the games coming out for it aren't my type of games?

I might sound like a fanboy...but really, I'm not. I love all my consoles from Nintendo, Sega, Sony, MS, 3DO, etc! For me, it's not what the system can do technically on paper...it's what games are out for the system that I will enjoy that counts!

Head knight of Ni
11-01-2006, 07:10 PM
The bluray drive isn't for only watching movies in HD. If Sony's plan is to release true HD games, you need the storage capacity for it. Higher resolutions means more detailed textures. More detailed textures means bigger files to store on 1 disk. Not to mention the HD audio.

Right now we are not using the max of an HD-DVD disc to store games. If develoupers need more space it is much simpler and the norm to print multiple discs.

True HD?

EDIT: For 1080, SONY is not including the component cabling needed to output 1080. So, out of the box a PS3 will need and additional accessory to display true 1080.

Much of the PSP's failure was the price point and the systems layout. All those extra(read useless) features drove the price higher than the consumer was willing to pay. The control layout was laughable; One joystick for a Socom game?! There were some appealing games for the system but the system itself killed the games. UMD?

gibby
11-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Right now we are not using the max of an HD-DVD disc to store games. If develoupers need more space it is much simpler and the norm to print multiple discs.

But that's my point. MS doesn't intend to use HD-DVD for games anyway as a storage medium. Their HD-DVD drive is strictly for movies. Unless MS changes their minds about using the HD-DVD drive for games, developers will be stuck trying to make an HD game content using regular DVD disks. I'm sure they'll run out of disk space quickly. Unlike with the PS3, it's designed for the future of gaming. (Okay...now that def. sounds fanboyish...but it's true.) :D

As for Sony not being capable of displaying 1080i/p out of the box because you have to buy extra cables...the same goes for the 360. If I can remember, you still need to buy the HD cables for your 360. So I don't know why that's even a case against it. Also, the 360 needs a patch update to display 1080p via VGA/component connections...and even that isn't without its problems.

Believe it or not, the trend with our game consoles are moving towards multifunctional systems. Whether it's the 360, PSP, DS, PS3...etc. I agree, the PSP is expensive and the reason I haven't bought one. And even if I do, it's not to play games with. I'm not much of a handheld gamer anyway.

Armory
11-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Videos games take up alot of storage but aren't into the terrabits that an HD movie has. It all comes down to programing and software if they overload a dics with a thousand layers that might have mild different features that not even HD will pick up then you can use 100 for the same purpose and mostly everything relys on the lighting. Oblivion fits onto 1 dics and its one of the largest games ever produced the only thing comes near is on the pc and has multiple dics. I highly doubt that addition of the BlueRay will improve anything but possibly sound and even thats iffy... Software is the thing that people are working on, hardware's nearly secondary.

Warwitch
11-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I will be waiting in line! I havent bought a system since the first PlayStation so I dont feel too guilty.

fcpchop
11-02-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm thinking about getting one, its more of a decision of do I want to get it now or wait. I read online that online pre-ordering will become available soon, so thats what I'm looking out for, for now.

Altimas
11-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah Im building a new PC soitll have to wait till next year or so for me. Plus I dont have an HDTV yet.. *GASP* Yes its true...

havocx
11-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Pre ordered mine from EB (third one in line), maybe I'll get it right way maybe I wont. If I do I'm not sure what Ill do with it. On ebay they are selling from 1000 to 2300 cdn. Thats vary tempting. If I do sell it, it makes it an investment with profit. If i keep it its an expensive toy. I by no means think its wrong either way but $2300 for a $700 investment is fantastic.

I don't understand the logic of the people who are willing to pay that much though, I mean you don't make make more then a couple hundred a day, (if your lucky) take a day off work and stand in line for yourself. Instead of working weeks to pay someone else to do it for you.

I wont lie I had mine listed one Ebay.ca the day I stood inline (it was the first listed one on the Canadian ebay) but because my Feed back wasn't over 50 they pulled it down (it's currently 40). I don't understand what feed back numbers have to do with anything but the powers that be said its the pre sale rules.

But like all capitalists I'm willing to take any fools money.

Altimas
11-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah I did that with the 360...Bought one for 400$ish and sold it for 1100.00... easy money.

gibby
11-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Videos games take up alot of storage but aren't into the terrabits that an HD movie has. It all comes down to programing and software if they overload a dics with a thousand layers that might have mild different features that not even HD will pick up then you can use 100 for the same purpose and mostly everything relys on the lighting. Oblivion fits onto 1 dics and its one of the largest games ever produced the only thing comes near is on the pc and has multiple dics. I highly doubt that addition of the BlueRay will improve anything but possibly sound and even thats iffy... Software is the thing that people are working on, hardware's nearly secondary.

Yes, it might not utilize the storage capacity...yet. You have to remember, Sony plans on having this system around for the next 10 years. You need to consider the future and what's possible in games and development. Software and hardware goes hand and hand. Sure, you can make compelling games on the current gen systems but gamers/consumers always want more more MORE!!!

As a member of a development team, we've already had meetings with programmers as to what's possible with the PS3. Features we had to hold back on because of processing power and memory limitations of previous systems are now possible on the PS3. I won't say the sky is the limit as time and scheduling comes into play, but it's good to know we can improve on existing features that we plan to focus on. And with time, every developer will come to grips on how to take advantage of the PS3's capabilities.

robnix
11-02-2006, 01:14 PM

I think you meant Terabytes, and there's no Terabyte optical storage yet.

Oblivion comes on 1 single layer DVD, which is 4.7 gigabytes, a Dual Layer DVD, which is what most movies are holds 9.4 GB. Blue Ray and HD DVD hold 23.3/46.6 GB and 15/30 GB for single and dual layer respectively.

Just an FYI.

Armory
11-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the correction last time I had to figure HD-DVD crap was... God I'm getting old. The PS3 is nice and has alot of crap that won't be used for 2 more years, at which time... I'll buy one :rolleyes: but for the up front buck and the know hardware issues that PS has had with new releases (overheating=spontanious combution) I'll wait and enjoy my 360.

skife
11-02-2006, 10:49 PM
i'm waiting for the price drop on the 360, i'm not a huge sony fan, i've had 5 PS2's go down on me, even 2 new design ones.
i'm still on my orginal xbox, buddy is still on his orginal first run xbox.

I only want a 360 for Forza 2, and a few other games that are coming out.

have a PSP, the screen is nice, batterylife sucks, and its really uncomfortiable to hold for a large amout of time, the only game i really do like for it is LocoRoco. :D

Soopa Villain17
11-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Heck I'd just wait and buy one after all the hype and price goes way down. In fact I've just bought my very own N64 off of e-bay a few days ago! Got it in the mail today and I'm so excited I'm about ready to wet myself! Golden eye, Mario 64, and Zelda here I come!

Lol... I would be hooking it up right now, but I'm making it serve double duty as my toy as well as an x-mas present for my daughter. I'll just hook it up at night, play like crazy and then stash it away before I go to bed. :ninja:

So far i've got

NES
SNES
N64
PS2

and as far as I'm concerned those play all the games I've ever wanted to play anyways! I'm not really much of a new game gamer, I just like all the old school stuff that I played with my buddies growing up.

:)

thats not nice , getting your daughter a present that she probaly wont even use just so u can use it. go buy another one they only cost about 30 dollars if that

Soopa Villain17
11-03-2006, 01:00 PM
But like all capitalists I'm willing to take any fools money.

amen :hail:

fire1811
11-04-2006, 09:23 AM
No I wont be getting it.

System = to expensive
Games = to expensive

gibby
11-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Well, I was able to take a sneak peek and play a few games yesterday. One of those games was Resistance. All I have to say is...WOW!!! The game looked great(it wasn't even running in 1080p yet...rather 720p) and the action pulled you into the game. Of course, it's your standard FPS game but it definitely rivaled anything seen on the PC today. I also got to check out Heavenly Sword...they've got some interesting gameplay modes in it and the animation in the game was top notch. Good stuff. It definitely changed my mind about waiting...unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones to score a pre-order so I'll be waiting regardless. LOL!

Time to start saving up those loose change! :D

Lenny
11-05-2006, 03:33 AM
SEGA Saturn FTW!

I'm not really into newer games. I have an XBox just for Halo 1+2, MorrowWind, and GHPTP.

I love my Dreamcast and Saturn though. With games like NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon, and Crazy Taxi, you can't go wrong!

Anyone know what platform and when Chrono 3 is comming out? I love Chrono Trigger, and Chrono Cross was like an orgasm for my PlayStation, but I haven't heard any word on Chrono 3...

FlawleZ
11-05-2006, 03:45 AM
SEGA Saturn FTW!

I'm not really into newer games. I have an XBox just for Halo 1+2, MorrowWind, and GHPTP.

I love my Dreamcast and Saturn though. With games like NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon, and Crazy Taxi, you can't go wrong!

Anyone know what platform and when Chrono 3 is comming out? I love Chrono Trigger, and Chrono Cross was like an orgasm for my PlayStation, but I haven't heard any word on Chrono 3...

Lots of people loved Chronocross. I don't think I ever played it for some reason.

I too have a Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, you name it I have it. ;) They were awesome systems. I used to have Panzer Dragoon Saga, sold that for $230 on ebay. ;)

Skywalker
11-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Also why pay that much for a system when you can pick up the best one ever made for less than $50 and most games for a couple bucks a piece.

http://www.som.soton.ac.uk/staff/njj/comedygamer/consolepics/nes/nes_console.jpg

WORD!!

tribalman
11-08-2006, 02:13 PM
i'm actually nobody is posting about the pit falls of blu-ray and hd-dvd. personally i'm not a video downloader and i although i will borrow dvd's from friends and i don't (gasp) copy them to vhs, dvd, or onto a hdd, i think the video protection on it is garbage. just because some people pirate stuff, doesn't mean most people do. well, "a few bad apples" i guess. as i stated somewhere else, i don't want to have to buy an expensive blu-ray disc, an expensive blu-ray player, blu-ray software, and a blu-ray monitor/tv. "To play a Blu-ray disc you need to use dedicated software that can handle the HDCP part of the AACS encryption standard " -bit-tech.net

"On first attempt we got a region code error message. I then went into the software and selected Region B. Restarting the software, the disc then played but with strange graphical corruption. Restarting the PC sorted this and although the problem didn't reappear it was a ratter ignominious start.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to grab screencaps of the software - the HDCP protection prevented us getting caps with anything on them.
" -same.

a little old of an article, from january as i can't find the recent review they had listing the problems i mentioned at the begining of the post, but here's a link. http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/01/23/next_gen_drm/