PDA

View Full Version : Question about warps.....

IceCool32
12-28-2001, 08:52 PM
I've yet to see anyone at my field with a warp...... And anyone I've talked to who has tried one has told me they throw your whole set-up off balance.....but I played last week, and the only places I ever got hit were in the mask and hopper.....So can you AO guys help me out in deciding wheter to buy one and try it after bought....and if I don't like sell it, or just stop me all together now?

*Sorry about being so long winded*

OldSchoolMag
12-28-2001, 09:00 PM
I've heard that they do throw your balance off, but not by too much, and it's worth it in the long run - especially with an RT/Pro/Emag.

DYE-BaLLeR
12-28-2001, 09:02 PM
oooh only hopper and mask hits, im guessin the hopper blocked the ball from hittin your mask so moving the hopper wont do much good, cuz even if u do ull still get hit in the mask, but it duz feed fast and id recomend it if u can just keep ur head outa the way

IceCool32
12-28-2001, 09:17 PM
Yeah, one time I was looking for this guy(mask fogged up bad =( )Got nailed right between the eyes. But I dunno, I've got vert. feed(stock on Impys) and I'd rather not use PVC piping to extend my hose long enough to reach the vert. feed. Hmmm.......Dye-Baller, could I be talking about you? Nooooo, anyways......I'll see how I do tomorrow with and without warp(borrowing one from our field owner) and report back to you guys.

AGD
12-28-2001, 09:25 PM
Ice,

It takes three days of play to get used to and benefit from the Warp. It changes your playing style so much you just don't see the benefits first time out.

AGD

oneshot
12-28-2001, 09:29 PM
you should get it , it does not throw off your balance at all, it feeds faster than most people can shoot. run a 90 degree elbow to make the hose as short as possible and not in the way.

Hope this helps. :D

slayer
12-28-2001, 09:52 PM
don't use one. I love shooting at hoppers. They are normally the biggest target to hit in a speedball game. especially if someone is coming out the wrong side or over the top(coming out over the top often gets one eliminated).

Seriously, it give you a great advantage, if you can shoot really fast(you don't have to worry about chopping), and whats more is that you can turn the gun at whatever angle you like fire off strings(about as many as the wheel in the warp feed can hold). I personally can pick out hoppers more easily than a mask, but that point isn't perhaps as important as the two mentioned above.

IceCool32
12-28-2001, 09:57 PM
Wow, Tom replied to my post......Customer service here rocks. But anyways, I'll be playing from 12-6pm will this still take 3 days before I realize the benefits of the warp? If so, I'm sure I can conger up the money to get one. I like how they look once the hopper is off the top of the marker, but dislike all the hosing......It LOOKS impossible to reach around to hold onto my max flo.

-Brandon

a_malfunction
12-28-2001, 10:02 PM
I just use the warp as my foregrip.

IceCool32
12-28-2001, 10:09 PM
How is it possible to use an object larger than your the grip radius of your hand as a foregrip?

[NA]WARLORD
12-28-2001, 10:11 PM
my bud just got one, it aint that bad! i may get one soon as well. Its not as cumbersome as you may think, but like any new add-on, it takes a lil adjustment to get used too, ya know like new valve, trigger, barrel, etc, etc........

the JoKeR
12-28-2001, 10:33 PM
One of the other great things about the warp is that you actually FEEL like a smaller target, which for me also gets me to pay attention to my other targets: elbows, shoulders, etc., that might be hanging out.

toymyster
12-28-2001, 11:19 PM
People who say the warp throws off the balance have never played with the warp!!!! If you are handling a warp fed gun in a store or the parking lot, yes it feels a bit off, but once you start playing with it, in the game, the whole thing disappears, and it really does become unobtrusive!!!

ShinyGuy
12-29-2001, 12:17 AM
I'm gonna say it; Tom is wrong. ;) It takes about 30 second to wonder how you ever played without the warp.

As for ballence, I just rest the warp on my left fore-arm. It gives a very ridgid firing position.

paintballrulzs
12-30-2001, 07:14 PM
go for it man. I was skeptical at first but i love it now