PDA

View Full Version : spankin' new minimag will not pressurize

ChrisHal43
10-29-2006, 03:38 PM
i have a brand new minimag, straight from AGD. today i screwed in my co2 tank (will upgrade to HPA when i get the $) and absolutely nothing happened. what could be wrong here?

benzy2
10-29-2006, 05:33 PM
your velocity may be set way too low. This would mean the pressure in the chamber wouldnt be enough to over power the spring that returns the bolt. Also you could just be out of co2.

ChrisHal43
10-29-2006, 05:37 PM
your velocity may be set way too low. This would mean the pressure in the chamber wouldnt be enough to over power the spring that returns the bolt. Also you could just be out of co2.

i had my tank filled yesterday. i'm wondering if the tank having a pin valve is the problem. when i look in the asa, i dont see anything that will push the pin down, there is just a hole.

K Wolf
10-29-2006, 05:52 PM
The vertical ASA/ foregrip mount that came on my Pro-Classic has nothing to depress the pin valve (Why they don't machine the adapter to depress the pin, I can't imagine.). The bottom line ASA adapter does open the bottle pin valve. Maybe AGD shipped the wrong vertical adapter with your Minimag.

:cheers:
Karl

athomas
10-31-2006, 11:32 AM
i have a brand new minimag, straight from AGD. today i screwed in my co2 tank (will upgrade to HPA when i get the $) and absolutely nothing happened. what could be wrong here?

Usually you can hear the CO2 rush into the valve. If there is no pin to press the CO2 valve pin, then nothing will happen.

don miguel
10-31-2006, 04:17 PM
The vertical ASA/ foregrip mount that came on my Pro-Classic has nothing to depress the pin valve (Why they don't machine the adapter to depress the pin, I can't imagine.). The bottom line ASA adapter does open the bottle pin valve. Maybe AGD shipped the wrong vertical adapter with your Minimag.

:cheers:
Karl

Surprising, but could happen. I suggest just buying a simple non on off bottom line that will allow your gun to pressurize. Get one similar to the stock tippmann 98 one. It will saye you time and money if you are planning on shipping your minimag back and getting it replaced.
Welcome to AO :cheers:

ChrisHal43
10-31-2006, 09:45 PM
i dont know why AGD would put an ASA on there with nothing to depress the pin valve on my tank.anyways, i was reading about how bad co2 was for mags and i decided to suck it up and buy a crossfire 68/4500. im also probably gonna get a foregrip and drop to keep the gun small.

d4m4don3
10-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Didn't they make CO2 Valves that have an on/off? I think that would've been the cheapest of the solutions.