PDA

View Full Version : Smart Parts Majic Box ?

going_home
10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/?action=view&current=SmartPartsMajicBox.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Anyone know what this was supposed to do ?

:tard:

ahellers
10-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Black Magic Box (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151680&highlight=black+magic+box)
there you go.
t

going_home
10-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Black Magic Box (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151680&highlight=black+magic+box)
there you go.
t

Not my auction but theres one on Ebay.
I had never seen or heard of a Majic Box until I saw the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/68-Automag-CUSTOM-Paintball-gun-package_W0QQitemZ280042500492QQihZ018QQcategoryZ47 248QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:hail:

Pneumagger
10-29-2006, 08:54 PM
tey're nothing special. A little sparse nowadays... but just a load of hype.

mag_lover05
10-29-2006, 10:50 PM
smarts parts working on mags?! AHHH!!!!!!! :shooting:

Dubstar112
10-30-2006, 12:47 AM
To elaborate, they were supposed to make the mag run LP but the only effect they had from what I recall, was bad and included massive air consumption. I remember when they had it in their catalog that i used to order.... Definatley Hype, although the marker isnt ruined with it on, I wouldnt ever purchase one equipped so.

Dark Frost17
10-30-2006, 08:48 PM
wow :eek:
that is ugly!
:cheers:

WARPED1
10-31-2006, 02:14 AM
smarts parts working on mags?! AHHH!!!!!!! :shooting:
I do believe AGD and SP were at one time, partners of sorts. AGD sponsored the All Americans.

FinchMan
10-31-2006, 05:50 AM
the only other effect besides decreasing efficiency is that it makes the gun a tad quieter.

chip08
10-31-2006, 08:10 AM
It seems like there would be greater shoodown, since the classic valve is now having to fill a bigger volume. Seems pretty silly

billmi
10-31-2006, 09:13 AM
It was also later integrated into the AIR. AGD built "Smart Mag" AIR valves that Smart Parts sold, which did the same thing without the big box on the side.

athomas
10-31-2006, 10:09 AM
The larger volume was supposed to reduce operating pressure and make the gun easier on paint. All it did was consume more air, although it did operate a bit more quietly.

athomas
10-31-2006, 10:15 AM
It seems like there would be greater shoodown, since the classic valve is now having to fill a bigger volume. Seems pretty silly

No, shootdown usually results due to a restriction in the air line. In the mag valve, that restriction is at the on-off pin.

In fact, with a magic box you are probably less likely to suffer from a short stroke. The differential pressure from input to chamber is greater, creating a better flow due to more force on the on-off pin. That means the chamber, even though larger, would probably require less time to recharge, thus reducing the ability to short stroke.

Walrus
11-01-2006, 01:10 PM
I had a Mag with the enfamous "Magic Box" on it. And to be honest I bought it used a few years ago so I didn't pay out the wazoo for it when they were brand new. Honestly, they did not decrease effeciency at all unless you were trying to do more than the valve itself would handle. SP did state that it would increase your range because of the LP concept. It did not increase your range at all, that was just plain marketing hype. The whole idea would have worked if they would have been smart enough to include three other features that make the LP work on most guns. First, they would have needed a softer main spring in the Mag. Second, they would have had to rework the plunger/stem in the bolt. And finally, the power tube would have had to be reworked. This means that the powertube's ID would have had to be bigger to allow for greater flow, and this would mean that the plunger/stem on the bolt would have had to have a greater diameter to accomodate this, but in-turn would have restricted airflow causing a whole redesign of the bolt. The softer spring would have allowed for the dump chamber to actually release all of its air allowing the whole LP concept to work.

However, by using the stock bolt and spring, this did not allow the dump chamber to fully release all of the air pressure stored in there so the whole LP concept just did not work. It did however allow for a smaller chance of shootdown because of the increased chamber size which would hold more air. That in combination with the 8-hole mod they would do on the charger part of the valve with the reworked on/off brass top allowed for greater gas flow to keep the dump chamber charged with enough air so you could keep shooting at a decent rate of fire.

I cannot say anything bad about the "Magic Box" mod as it still allowed for a nice shooting Mag. It was however a little awkward to have a box that would stick out on the side of your Mag. It just wasn't as streamlined as a Mag with a regular valve. These are considered more of a collector's item now, although like I said previously they still work fine as a Mag. I even converted mine to a pump Mag and it worked great :D

Warwitch
11-01-2006, 01:16 PM
It was however a little awkward to have a box that would stick out on the side of your Mag. It just wasn't as streamlined as a Mag with a regular valve.

Certainly no more than one with a warp feed.

Walrus
11-01-2006, 01:23 PM

Certainly true!

WARPED1
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Or a Palmers Stabilizer! I've seen those attatched to the valve.

Dubstar112
11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
The concept is simple, and AGD even made Emag valves with a bigger chamber so with that in mind it may not be 100% hype... :)

http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/jax_warriors.shtml