PDA

View Full Version : So, I sold my X-mag and bought...

psychowarden
10-29-2006, 07:30 PM
I just got home from my Speech and Debate competition, only to find a box on my bed waiting for me.

I was instantly impressed with just the box itself...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/psycho_warden/My%20gats/IMG_0985.jpg

But what was in this box you ask? A brand new Dangerous Power fusion, complete with Macro, barrel condom, and allen wrenches.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/psycho_warden/My%20gats/IMG_0986.jpg

Straight out of the box. The inside bore of the barrel is .690, and it has a glass smooth finish.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/psycho_warden/My%20gats/IMG_0987.jpg

What happens when I add my own goodies, oh snap Batman, it's a beast!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/psycho_warden/My%20gats/IMG_0989.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/psycho_warden/My%20gats/IMG_0990.jpg

This is definatly one of the lightest markers I have ever held. It feels VERY nice in the hand. The entire grip frame is a little small, similar to the feel of a UL Matrix frame, but I like the DP Fusion's frame better. I really like that there is a very large area for your fingers, just like the NME. The body is very short, shorter than an Ego, and from my experience with Egos, it's lighter as well.
The board has 3 settings, Semi, PSP Ramping at 15, and Ramping at 20. The eyes are breakbeam sensors, and the trigger is actually a bounce beam activation. It is the only marker that has ever rivaled the feel of my X-mag's trigger, and that is a very good thing. It may be a little heavy of a pull, but I can fix that with a small clip of a spring.
The On/off has a nice feel to it, and it's attached to a nice compact rail that I can adjust a bit if I need to. And I really like the feedneck, I have had a couple types in the past, where you screw in an allen screw to tighten it as well as the screw tighten type, but I like this one. It's a simple lever system that gets a nice hold on my Egg.

I will write a thorough review as well as post videos after I get some air and some paint to test it a bit.

mobsterboy
10-29-2006, 07:33 PM
and im sure you have extra cash to spare
:headbang:

wjr
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
How much did it cost?

behemoth
10-29-2006, 07:48 PM
wow. i've never even heard of this marker.

<- dosent pay attention to new electros much....

/goes back to admiring his pump guns

Nah, it looks good man. I' not one for blue, but still

(looks like a 06 borg, but not as sexy.)

mag_lover05
10-29-2006, 08:00 PM
why? do you know anything about them....ive heard of them, but dont know if they are any good...

thefool
10-29-2006, 08:13 PM
needs a new anno :P

Maybe i can hook you up.

Caboose
10-29-2006, 08:27 PM
They're only about 400$. My teammate bought one and they have nearly no kick. I know alot of people say that about their markers, but it really lacked kick. I was thoroughly impressed. Trigger could use a bit of work, though. But my teammte has odd tastes in trigger positions, so it may have just been him.

coreyander
10-29-2006, 08:30 PM
I heard it is spring return somewhat like a wrath. Is that true?

Caboose
10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Yes, it's a spring returned ram.

Also, watch out for this:
My teammate's Fusion was mis-machined. The slot for the pull pin was too short. As a result, when the bolt (pull pin with it) moves forward, it will tap the body because the slot is too short. Resulting in more kick... but he's getting it fixed.

Jackel411
10-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow.. I thought these guns were fake for the longest time. This is the first one I saw out side of its cheesy adds

Toll
10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
They don't look too bad, I never paid attention to them due to the fact that DP in my head doesn't stand for Dangerous Power...^.^

Arstron
10-29-2006, 09:03 PM
The fusions are very nice guns for the money, come check out http://www.fusionowners.org if your intrested in them. :cheers:

There have been a few mag owners that have given fusions a try, it seems most people that really try the fusion like them. There have been a few defects in a few markers, but that is the case with any new marker. Dangerous Power's customer support has also been incredible in repairing even markers and their turn around time, even from obvious user error.

mag_lover05
10-29-2006, 10:30 PM
only runs about 379...i just might have to pick one up

psychowarden
10-30-2006, 01:13 AM
and im sure you have extra cash to spare
:headbang:

Yup, still have another $350 to spare.

It is a spring return, but by no means does that keep it slower.
http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/1008859f-ac4c-44af-8078-985b01408d58.htm
There is a video of the Fusion with a prototype board shooting 25bps, but the video doesn't seem to be working.

I have been very impressed with Dangerous Power so far. The only company I have ever gotten faster e-mail responses from is CCI, and DP was short just by a couple of hours, and that's something to say.

FlawleZ
10-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Interesting. Keep us updated on how it shoots at the field.

/Of course it will never look as nice as your Xmag did. ;)

Chaos_Theory!
10-30-2006, 01:38 AM
I hate the way they look but they are nice guns.

coreyander
10-30-2006, 06:13 AM
How fast a gun shoots is not really why I buy one, but thats fast. Ive seen the vid of them before.

For a gun in that price range, I would probably buy a proto rail, invert mini, or a used alien.

Doesnt look too bad though. The name always reminds me of the first Austin powers movie when he goes to pick up his swedish penis pump and he says......my middle name is danger....powers.

CaptainNeeda
10-30-2006, 08:52 AM
poke... poke... JABB...

(it does look nice though :rolleyes: )

psychowarden
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Yeah, speed is no big deal for me, as long as the marker can shoot as fast as I can in Semi, I'm perfectly happy, because I will likely never use the ramping.

The big selling point is that it feels great in the hands. Much better than most semis, and actually better than my X-mag.

SpecialBlend2786
10-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah, they look like borgs to me.

I've heard nothing but great things form owners of the Fusion. How's the kick? I'm toying around with picking up a FASOR marker

WARPED1
10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
How much was it, and where can I get one?

don miguel
10-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Nice gun, I haven't heard of those before though. In my opinion "Xmag" and "sell" shoulden't be in the same sentence. Xmags are a piece of history, I love them. But your new gun is sweet too. Actually "xmag" and "sell" can be in the same sentence under one condition. "I would like to (sell) my (xmag) to Don Miguel for no charge". :D

Chaos_Theory!
10-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Thats would be giving it away, not selling it.

warbeak2099
10-30-2006, 04:43 PM
"I would like to (sell) my (xmag) to Don Miguel for no charge". :D

That was the greatest thing you've ever said.

Sweet fusion psycho. What'r ya gonna do with the extra $350 huh huh? How bout a gift for warbeak2099's bday in december?

don miguel
10-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Thats would be giving it away, not selling it.

PS- that was the joke

psychowarden
10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
How much was it, and where can I get one?

It ran me a total of $364 with shipping from www.madmaxpaintball.com , it would be a good idea to e-mail him before ordering if you do, because I don't know which ones he has in stock, all I know is that I got his last blue one.

Chaos_Theory!
10-31-2006, 12:31 AM
PS- that was the joke

I know.

WARPED1
10-31-2006, 12:48 AM
It ran me a total of $364 with shipping from www.madmaxpaintball.com , it would be a good idea to e-mail him before ordering if you do, because I don't know which ones he has in stock, all I know is that I got his last blue one.
Thanks, I bookmarked that site.

onedude36
10-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Looks like a cross between a Borg and a Shocker to me.

Hmm.. oddly enough those are the two markers I have been eyeballing for awhile... maybe i need to do some research.

lol at miguel.

PS oh ya, by bday is in like 2 days and i like suprises :ninja:

warbeak2099
10-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Hmm.. oddly enough those are the two markers I have been eyeballing for awhile... maybe i need to do some research.

Well this is a great gun, but if you were going to pick up a used Borg or something, that would be better.

benzy2
11-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Please give us an honest response on how much or little kick the marker has along with what other markers are a close match recoil wise. Thats the only thing that I havent seemed to get a straight answer on yet.

SpecialBlend2786
11-01-2006, 01:07 AM

lol at miguel.

PS oh ya, by bday is in like 2 days and i like suprises :ninja:

go Borg.