PDA

View Full Version : Leak out the side?!

Jman86
10-30-2006, 04:19 PM
I have a Custom ULE. Whenever i gas up i get a small leak out the side where the Valve and Bolt assembly slides into the Body. It is literally leaking out the slight crack that is between the body and Valve. When i pull the Trigger the leak stops. That leads me to believe that it is a problem with the bolt and power tube but then it would leak down the barrell (whick it's not). Any Ideas anyone?

don miguel
10-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I mas recently looking up the topic in my minimag manual wich this could apply to you. It says something similar to "if leaking out the powertube use a magnifying glass to check for slight craks in the power tube casing (were the power tube spacer, oring, and tip are held). Check you manual for the blown up diagram of the internals, you will know what I am talking about. Also if you do not have your manual then check the airgun.com website for manuals. I hope this helps and good luck. Also If this dosen't help call AGD they will help. :cheers:
This could also be just an oring problem. The way you describe it sounds like a crack to me. But I cant tell because I cant see your gun.

Pneumagger
10-30-2006, 05:16 PM
ok. when you pull the trigger and the leak stops.. this should tell you one main thing... hat the leak is after the on/off top orings in the gas flow progression.

so there are 5 pressure holding orings past that point in the system. Lets Go down the list, shall we :)

1) Powertube thread seal Oring - this should never... ever... ever fail. Move on.
2) powertube carrier OD oring (static)- you say no leak down barrel... probably not this one
3) Powertube Bolt Oring (dynamic) - you say no leak down barrel... porbably not this
4) On/off Bottom Body Oring - this is a static oring that seals off the on/off assembly when in the "open"position and is located closest to the spot where you say the leak is distinguishable. I'd check/lube/replace this one for sure... however static high durometer Oring rarely fail.
5) the teenie weenie on off oring found inside the on/off (ULT and Stock). This also needs checked as it seals off the on/off pin assembly from the outside and is in the proximity of your leak. It is a dynamic oring so it may collect debris or wear out. Check/lube/replace this oring for sure.

Now be sure the leak isn't coming from one of the small relief holes found in the side of the valve Body, also close to the Valve/Body insertion. If this is the case... the leak is coming from one of the 2 small orings found on the internal mini-springpack.

Also be sure the leak isn't coming from one of the two valve halves that screw together... then it is your Reg Body seal that is damaged.

It's often a good Idea to just go ahead and replace them all... it will prolong the time until next oring goes... whichever oring that may be.

Jman86
10-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Well i had a look and from what i could tell it is the bottom o-ring on the On/Off assembly. Figures that it would be the one i dont have.

Thanks for the info.