PDA

View Full Version : minimag leaking

pyro12590
10-30-2006, 11:20 PM
i have a classic minimag with lvl 10 and when i screw the velocity scew in the back it starts to leak and i can only get up to 250 without my whole tank of air spewing out the back of the screw,also if i wiggle my barel or set it up on a bunker while im playing air leaks out the barrel and i have no idea how to fix either problem? :confused: ? please help
thanks, steven powell

ghostdog2019
10-31-2006, 09:13 AM
What Spring are you using in your level 10. I had this problem in my minimag but after putting in the longest spring the velocity leak stopped completely. As for the leaking out the barrel try a next size carrier down. You have to work in the orings of the carrier and fine tune the carriers from time to time. Hope that helps

-Mike

P.S. You may also have the wrong reg piston it depends on how old your minimag is.

athomas
10-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Your regulator piston assembly may be old (low pressure) and worn a bit. The newer ones have a higher pressure threshold to operate with the level 10 bolts. You probably need a new one based on your description of the problem.

Leaking when you put pressure on the barrel can be a combination of things. First, wrap a layer of tape around the barrel near each barrel oring. This will help stop barrel wobble. Make it tight enough that it stops barrel movement but doesn't hinder the ability to put the barrel in. Then, if it still leaks, remove a powertube shim.

pyro12590
10-31-2006, 10:08 PM
thanks