PDA

View Full Version : Reballs

wjr
10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
My dad has an empty warehouse and it would be perfect for indoor play with my friends (using reballs of course). The only problem is price of reballs. It's $130 for a box of 500 from compulsive paintball. Is there another place that sells them for cheaper? Is there a cheaper comperable brand?

Pneumagger
10-31-2006, 02:12 PM
My dad has an empty warehouse and it would be perfect for indoor play with my friends (using reballs of course). The only problem is price of reballs. It's $130 for a box of $500 from compulsive paintball. Is there another place that sells them for cheaper? Is there a cheaper comperable brand?

have each of your friends pay 130 for their own box. That covers the cost of paint for 3 days... after that your saving money. Doesn't sound too expensive in the not so long run to me.

rkjunior303
10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
2000 is barely enough for ME during a game, let alone an entire team...

Pneumagger
10-31-2006, 03:18 PM
no.. I meant have each person thier own 1000 or something.

wjr
10-31-2006, 03:22 PM
2000 is barely enough for ME during a game, let alone an entire team...

You mean to say that you shoot 2000 paintballs in one game? I shoot 500 in one day of playing.

In the long run the price of reballs may not be bad, but I still want to find the best deal out there.

I found these (http://www.rufusdawg.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc). They appear to be identical to reballs, just signifigantly cheaper. I could buy 500 for $80, as opposed to $135 for 500 reballs.

SR_matt
10-31-2006, 03:30 PM
i saw those at the scenario i was at a few weeks ago, they looked decent, didnt get to handle or shoot them though
-matt

CKY_Alliance
10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
The main thing people coplain about with the off brand re-balls (not neccassarly the rufus dog brand) is that they have too much of a seam and this causes them to not shoot straight...

rkjunior303
10-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Normal 7 man game I'm bringing out 7 pods and a hopper.

jenarelJAM
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
I've done quite a bit of research on this subject.
I've concluded that reballs cost what they cost, because they're worth it. T-balls, V-balls, etc. are a poor substitute. I believe Tballs need oil, or if I'm confused, and it's one of the other brands that need oil, Tballs have some other flaw that makes them not comparable to reballs or real paintballs.
I have a pod of reballs and I've shot them over and over and over again.
I would say they are well worth the money you spend on them.

If you're thinking of setting up a practice thing in a warehouse, prepare for it to be expensive at the beginning. But if you have the space to do it, and you can scrounge enough money (just save paint for awhile) for the reballs, you very well may have the best possible training grounds available. I'm incredibly jealous.

My advice, if you're shooting a case a game, you have enough money that you can afford 2000 reballs. You'll be saving so much money, you'll be thankful. And you'll be able to practice almost as if you were using paintballs.

geekwarrior
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Normal 7 man game I'm bringing out 7 pods and a hopper.

you must not be taking the snake off the break :p

wjr
10-31-2006, 04:17 PM
I've done quite a bit of research on this subject.
I've concluded that reballs cost what they cost, because they're worth it. T-balls, V-balls, etc. are a poor substitute. I believe Tballs need oil, or if I'm confused, and it's one of the other brands that need oil, Tballs have some other flaw that makes them not comparable to reballs or real paintballs.
I have a pod of reballs and I've shot them over and over and over again.
I would say they are well worth the money you spend on them.

If you're thinking of setting up a practice thing in a warehouse, prepare for it to be expensive at the beginning. But if you have the space to do it, and you can scrounge enough money (just save paint for awhile) for the reballs, you very well may have the best possible training grounds available. I'm incredibly jealous.

My advice, if you're shooting a case a game, you have enough money that you can afford 2000 reballs. You'll be saving so much money, you'll be thankful. And you'll be able to practice almost as if you were using paintballs.

The old t balls needed oil. The new ones, the t2 balls, are self lubricating. According to pbreview they are also more accurate then the previos version.

And yeah, the warehouse is huge. I've got plenty of space.

rkjunior303
10-31-2006, 04:18 PM

kinda tough to beat $25/cases.

Shingo
10-31-2006, 04:53 PM
LOVE Reballs... it's a must if your a tinkerer like me. You don't know if the mod you did is really working until you run some balls through your gun. And actual paint is too messy for my situation, so reball was the solution. After 3+ full 68/4500 HPA Tanks of reball/Mag testing, the reballs have more then paid for itself. Worth every penny I paid for it.

These rounds are wicked durable.... I tested one round by firing it (@ 300+ FPS) into a metal box a dozen+ times to see if I can cause any wear or deformation, and afterwards it still looks (after being washed) as new AND as round as an unused reball round. You do get what you paid for.

~Shingo~

BD_Paintball
11-01-2006, 11:33 PM
if you cant get enough to play you can always run drills with only 500. practice running and gunning, snap shooting ect ect.