PDA

View Full Version : So I went to the indoor field today and....

Tbone
12-28-2001, 10:56 PM
....it was filled to the brim with newbies that just got their paintball guns for Christmas :p

I have absolutely nothing against new players; a lot of the time I try to help them out and stuff, but I must say I've never seen soooooo many Model 98's in one place before. That was kinda funny and it was also funny when they were trying to figure out what the heck that funky grip (Z-grip) was on my gun. One kid said, "Isn't that one of those E-mag guns???" :)

Also, I have to thank all the people who posted about the intelli-zgrip setup. The owner of the field (great guy) was really impressed by it.

Later....

ronron2112
12-28-2001, 11:09 PM
AHHHH the fresh smell of the tippmann oils....gotta love those kids with their very first guns.. theyre so proud of it :)

Big Red One
12-28-2001, 11:28 PM
Now, now...we were all new meat at one time too!

I say hooray that their folks got them decent guns, and not some BE Saber junkpile.

hubadlatimmy
12-28-2001, 11:51 PM
If you are seeing a bunch of new players at your field thats a great thing everybody starts out as a newbie and the model 98 isn't a bad gun to start with. I started with a pile stingray and moved to a mag now I have a cocker.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-28-2001, 11:57 PM
nothin like hivi. anyways. sorry to hear about the little kiddies. i'll probably see them this weekend at paintball long island. these things happen. i wish my parents bought me a gun when i was that young so i wouldn't have started so late. oh well.

ronron2112
12-28-2001, 11:59 PM
i wasnt dissing them... i had a 98 till i got my RT.. but their attitud torward paintball is kinda funny....

the JoKeR
12-29-2001, 11:05 AM
Had a similar situation last night. Lots of new players, many with new guns. One had a M98 Custom w/reactive trigger. Well, more like a full auto M98 the way he had it set up. Animal tried to help him out with it, but only got his Eggolution hopper fixed for him before the games started (dead battery). It was a good mix of players, though. Had some electros out there, lots of spyder/piranahs/98s, etc. Got shot in the back by my own team... the usual newbie mistakes. We had the only two warps in the place, and it was fun to watch everybody watching US because of the shiny guns and jerseys.