PDA

View Full Version : WOW! St Louis is rackin up the wins!

Ole Unka Phil
10-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Not exactly what you want to win at this time ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15475741

Suprises me.

Chronobreak
10-31-2006, 07:00 PM
were # 1...

were #1...

wait what did we win :spit_take

hard to belive it , not sure what they are basing that off of? seems pretty tame here to me..

lopxtc
10-31-2006, 07:12 PM
The report is counting STL City only ... not STL Metro and City. The city is at most 330,000 people which makes driving up the body count easy when compared to the size of the other cities on the list.

Aaron

Ole Unka Phil
10-31-2006, 07:37 PM
that is indeed the case... but.... many other cities they eliminated the surrounding suburbs to determine the "real" crime hot spots. And its a big suprise to me that there even was one in St Louis. I had no idea. But certainly one can argue the statistics don't apply to surrounding areas and Suburbs. But does that make it any less useful? I dunno... maybe... maybe not. In this case St Louis remains isolated because its surrounding areas are not a part of it. The are isolated from the county and don't keep statistics together. They don't want to be grouped together and never did. Now the "city itself" has degraded while all around it things are better.

I think the real intersesting thing here is that midwestern cities are getting worse. Remember, its all relative to each other. Not overall crime, just locations and percentages measured against each other. But there is some shift in locations. And not where one might assume anymore.

Another suprise to me was on the longer list Birmingham beat out Atlanta. I never woulda figured Birminham to be worse than Atlanta....

BeaverEater
10-31-2006, 09:09 PM
ya milwaukee here is growing fast in violent crimes too. It wouldnt surprise me to get number 1 in the next couple of years.

benzy2
11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah but the MI still holds 2 and 3. I like watching sporting events in Detroit but I hate parking a car there.

StygShore
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
hehehe D-town and Flint.... I live right in between both of em :)

Been in Detroit and drove by crime scenes, been in Flint and drove through the middle of a drive by... kinda scary

Styg

StygShore
11-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah but the MI still holds 2 and 3. I like watching sporting events in Detroit but I hate parking a car there.

$50.00 bucks to park in the garage next to Hockeytown during World Series game.....