PDA

View Full Version : Tune-up help

sinisterNorth
11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi all. I've been playing for 3-4 years now and recently built my own mag. The valve I have, a 68MicroMag valve with 3 stars, doesnt seem to be resetting properly and I think it could use a tune-up. I've heard about AGD's free tune-up program and was wondering what I go about doing to get one. Is there a link somewhere as to what I need to do? Any help is appreciated!

starchief1959
11-02-2006, 08:14 AM
http://www.airgun.com/Techinfo.shtml#

Take a looky see there. :D

sinisterNorth
11-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I clicked, but I couldnt find anything about what I need to do beforehand, how I let them know, what all I need to send, etc. If someone who has done this before could post or PM a list of steps, it would be very helpful..thanks!

jenarelJAM
11-04-2006, 03:07 AM
I've never done it, but if you can't figure it out, it never hurts to just call the tech line. The one time I called, they were very patient with me, helped me fix my problem. I mean, the least they'll do is direct you to the appropriate website...

d4m4don3
11-04-2006, 03:21 AM
Well if they're like any company they'll want an rma# so you'll have to give AGD a call and at least do a bit of troubleshooting with a tech. You do have 3 stars on your valve so at the cost of a star they'll overhaul your mag and have her back to operational status. I think you do have to pay for the shipping to the factory though. :D

sinisterNorth
11-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Ok. Thanks guys. I think I'll give the tech line a call.

athomas
11-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi all. I've been playing for 3-4 years now and recently built my own mag. The valve I have, a 68MicroMag valve with 3 stars, doesnt seem to be resetting properly and I think it could use a tune-up. I've heard about AGD's free tune-up program and was wondering what I go about doing to get one. Is there a link somewhere as to what I need to do? Any help is appreciated!

Do the tune-up yourself. It'll help familiarize you with your valve. There isn't anything in the valve that needs to be professionally done. The mag valve is a very simple device.

If the valve doesn't seem to be resetting properly, it is probably a worn bolt spring or a powertube spacer (assuming it is a level 7) that is too short.