PDA

View Full Version : ULE Level 10 leaking down the barrel

Xplosive
11-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey guys,

Having some issues with my Tac One. For awhile I couldn't keep it from shooting full auto only etc etc. Anyway I finally got my Tac One tuned for the normal on/off assembly, but bought a ULE kit a couple weeks ago. I put the ULE in and now my Mag leaks like mad, down the barrel!
I read this thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205224)

not sure if above thread has my answers. I would appreciate links to threads that has useful information on it to help me solve this problem. Sure I'm not the first to have this issue & some of you know where to direct me.

Thanks in advance!

X

LFD92
11-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure of the thread, but I also had this happen to me this past Sunday. Luckily, another AO member was in attendance with more experience than me and diagnosed my problem. I didn't have enough shims in the powertube.

With the switching of bodies, your problem could also be the spring length. Try a longer spring than the one you currently have installed.

Good Luck!

flyingpootang
11-01-2006, 11:42 PM
You have 2 problems. First you have too many shims in your ULT and you need to go one size down on the carrier/tune your L10.

To get your marker working start with 2 shims in your ULT, The loosest fitting carrier that dosen't leak and 2 shims forthe L10. This should get your marker in a non leaking condition.

Then tune the ULT: Add 1 additional shim at a time until it goes full auto. Then remove the last shim you installed and the ULT is now tuned.

To tune your L10: Place a squigee 1/4" away from the front of the bolt and fire it. If the bolt hits the squigee and then resets your done if not add 1 shim at a time until it dose. Beaware that having more than 2 shims it may be necessary to move to the next loosest carrier, because the shims also add compression to the carrier o-ring.

Xplosive
11-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey Flying...

I just got around to working on my Mag. I know, I know...been real busy

anyway, couple of questions & wanted to let you know what's in the Tac One already.

I had the #1 carrier & 2 shims in my Level 10. The ULE has 2 shims currently and the shortest spring being used. It leaked like mad. Now I have a .5 carrier in and 2 shims in the Lvl 10 and ULE & the red spring. I'll head out to the field tomorrow and go from there.

I wasn't real sure what you meant by loosest fitting carrier. Does that mean 0 is the loosest and then going up in numbers the less area inside the level 10?

Is there any Level 10 tech DVD's out on the market? I'm going to figure out this Level 10 stuff one of these days.

Thanks!

athomas
11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
First, when tuning your level 10, remove all shims. That way, they don't cause any leaking that may be misinterpreted as carrier related.

The carrier sizing goes from smallest to largest, 0 being smallest and 3.0 being largest.

Sizing the carrier involves standing the bolt on its front face so that the bolt stem sticks straight up into the air. With an oring inserted into a carrier, gently slide it onto the stem. It should slide on without much force. Once it is on the end of the stem, release it. It shouldn't be loose enough to drop on its own. Now gently push it down the stem. The force required should be very minimal.

Now assemble the level 10 using the carrier and oring that you determined to be the correct size. Don't use any shims yet. Use the gold bolt spring. Add air and cycle the gun. Listen for leaks. If it leaks out the front, use the next smaller carrier with the same carrier oring you are currently using. Fire the gun to see if it cycles. Increase the velocity until it cycles consistenly. Put a sqeegie down the barrel and hold it against the front face of the bolt. Pull the trigger. You should feel a light force against it. Thats the level 10 being gentle. Gently pull the squeegie away from the bolt face (not more than 1/4"). Fire the gun. If it fires, vents and resets, you are good to go. If you place the squeegie more than 1/4" in front of the bolt face you will feel the full impact force of a non level 10 bolt.

After you get it working, move to the red bolt spring and readjust the velocity to compensate. Nothing else needs to be touched. Even shims aren't really needed. Most of us long time users here never use them and have never had problems.

Let us know how it goes.