PDA

View Full Version : The Barrel Question

spawnboy
12-29-2001, 01:26 AM
I'm a newbie to the form here, but not a newb to paintball. I have owned a couple tippmanns in my days and have been given a "gift" from a good friend of mine (Thanks Tbone). I've recieve a Automag Classic Body with the guts. On to the barrel question.

What is your favorite barrel? Is it quiet? Cuz that's what I'm looking for.

spawner

Maghappy
12-29-2001, 01:33 AM
JJ ceramic is the quitest that i know of. very accurate and very quiet. also the Custom Products barrels are outstanding to espeically for hte price.

toymyster
12-29-2001, 01:45 AM
If your budget permits, get the freak system, if not, I highly recommend Cp barrels, they shoot nice, they're quiet, and virtually self cleaning!!!

Snooky
12-29-2001, 03:07 AM
I have a Dye boomstick 16". Its very quite and accurate as hell. I have had for about 2 years haven't broken a ball in the barrel. Had my mag 3 years broke 4 balls through it before i got my revo. After none and that was a year ago. I would highly recomend the Dye barrels. Im recieving a jacko barrel soon ill post when i shoot that. 16" is nice for back player but 12 to 14 is better for further up.

Bartleby
12-29-2001, 02:16 PM
i would recommend doing a search...this question has been asked a million and a half times and you will get your questions answered more fully if you look at past threads.

[NA]WARLORD
12-29-2001, 03:30 PM
But he's a new mag owner, dont bust his chops, just remember you were new here at one time. Now to ?, I personally like the Smart Parts All American, 12-14", good all around barrel and super quiet. If $$$ isnt an issue get a Smart Parts Freak, withn the All American tip, nothing quieter or more accurate "IMO"

HoppysMag
12-29-2001, 04:37 PM
lol i posted that same question like 3 weeks ago. i suggest a J&J ceramic, or a CP barrel

Bartleby
12-29-2001, 05:10 PM
i'm sorry, did i forget my smiley face? :D i didn't mean to be busting anyone's chops i was just suggesting that he looked in past threads. if you want my opinion, you could shoot all paint with a Lapco Autospirit and a Bigshot. J&Js are also very good but if you have the money, i would definitely recommend the freak, nothing compares. not to mention, you can get them for reasonable prices now. i didn't have the money, but i saved up and i tell you it was quite possibly the best upgrade i have purchased for my mag. :D

spawnboy
12-29-2001, 05:56 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all and let those who care know that I greatly appreciate everyones opinion and thoughts.

But the search is still on :)

later,

spawner

Army
12-29-2001, 06:37 PM
Since you are new here (and Welcome to AO BTW!), I'll nicely ask that you put your threads in their appropriate forums. Main is for 'Mag or AGD or paintball community related posts; Tech is for, well, technical aspects of your guns, any gun; Friendly Corner is for anything you want to talk about; Classifieds is for anything you want to buy/sell/or find out its worth; Deep Blue is for those times that you have a real brainstorm and want to tell members about it, but don't think it will relate to the other forums; Dealers forum is for dealers/wholesalers/shop owners who want to entice members to shop at THEIR store, and give some great deals to AO members only.

So, now you know why I'm moving this to Tech Forum:cool:

drx975
12-29-2001, 07:02 PM
(quote from Snooky)
16" is nice for back player but 12 to 14 is better for further up.
-----------------------------------------------------------
You people should really read the manual that AGD sends you (and the video). In it, it says that any barrel longer or shorter than 11" on a 'Mag will decrease accuracy/distance. A longer barrel does not necessarily mean that the accuracy/distance will be better. What it does help with is aiming the gun. In my opinion, since 11 inch barrels are rare, I would stick with a 12 inch barrel because it would help aim the gun more than a 10 inch, and either way its a 1 inch difference than AGD suggests. In the $50 range, I would go for a J&J pro-1, I haven't used it but they have an awesome reputation, mainly from their J&J 2 piece stainless barrels. I have one of these and it is absolutely amazing, trust me. I used it on a tipp98 until I got my 'Mag. Save the extra $20 and get a J&J 2 piece stainless steel barrel.

[NA]WARLORD
12-29-2001, 09:59 PM
If your looking for an accurate inexpensive barrel, try the Lapco Bigshot, its louder than others but kicks butt in accuracy. Autospirit is nice but to tight for my liking, also the Armson Pro Series is loud but dead on accurate, if you can find one, dont confuse this with the stealth its a paint/barrel match nightmare. Good Luck !!!!!!!!

Snooky
12-30-2001, 01:16 PM
drx975 i said that the shorter barrel was better for a front player becuase u need to be smaller and able to get around a bunker faster. In my experience i see a difference with accuracy with my longer barrel in back than a shorter one. This may possibly be what u said longer barrels are easier to aim. I bought my automag used and i didnt get one when i asked for one from agd. besides what good is a manual for the perfect gun the automag.

datagoblin
01-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Personally, I have tried the CP barrels and found them to be very nice...Not too expensive and they dont have a ton of the pesky porting holes...Just a few at the tip. I got one for my 'Cocker and my Mag. Both are very nice and I am happy with them. I mainly shoot Big Ball brand paint and this seems to be a good paint/barrel match.

Me.