PDA

View Full Version : Wood Hyperframe grips

kruger
11-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Ok, I have been asked if I could do Hyperframe grips in wood. I can, its just that I dont know if there is very much interest in these or not. I am just looking to get a little feedback on this subject and see if there is. Right now I am not set up to do them, dont have a set of panels to go by, and it has been a coupla years since I have had a hyperframe. Please post up if you are interested. Thanks.

shorty24
11-02-2006, 05:01 PM
i would definately be interested

surfbum
11-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I'M INTERESTED!!

but you already knew that :ninja:

chettacheez
11-02-2006, 05:17 PM
If you need a set of grips, PM me.

robnix
11-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Ok, I have been asked if I could do Hyperframe grips in wood. I can, its just that I dont know if there is very much interest in these or not. I am just looking to get a little feedback on this subject and see if there is. Right now I am not set up to do them, dont have a set of panels to go by, and it has been a coupla years since I have had a hyperframe. Please post up if you are interested. Thanks.

I'd love something that could be sanded and oiled to a nice dark color. I have a set of grips I could send you to use as a template as well.

kruger
11-02-2006, 08:06 PM
I'll tell you guys what would help alot. If I could get a pic of the Hyperframe without the grips on. I need the pic from the back of the frame. What I am looking for is anything that sticks out past the grip frame and would interfere with the grip panels being flat against the frame. That would tell me a whole lot. I dont currently have a hyperframe and I would not be able to test fit the panels and make sure that they work. Right now I test fit every pair that I make, just to make sure that they do fit correctly. And, Hyperframes are a bit pricey for me to buy right now :rolleyes:

chettacheez
11-02-2006, 08:20 PM
I can get a pic tomarrow, but I can tell you now the grips will have to be a minimum 1/4in thick and atleast an 1/8in will have to be milled out of the bottom to clear the battery and lcd screen.

onedude36
11-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Interested but dependant on price.

kruger
11-02-2006, 09:07 PM
The price will be dependant on how hard they are to make. If there is a lot of recessing on the inside of the grip panel, then I dont know if I can do it or not. I dont have a reliable way of taking a lot of wood off of the inside of the grip, and it not look like it was chewed by a badger. If it is small areas, then I can deal with that. And, as was posted, I do remember that the battery did stick into the panel some. I will have to think on it a bit...........

11 Bravo
11-02-2006, 09:07 PM
I can get a pic tomarrow, but I can tell you now the grips will have to be a minimum 1/4in thick and atleast an 1/8in will have to be milled out of the bottom to clear the battery and lcd screen.

It also would have to be milled out for the noid. It sticks out a little.

mobsterboy
11-02-2006, 11:11 PM
i might have a spare hyperframe with the noid sitting in it, just havent gotten myself motivated to complete it with some soldering a trigger and a microswitch. Tell me where to send it and I'll let you borrow mine for a while.

kruger
11-02-2006, 11:23 PM
That is very generous of you Mobsterboy, and I may take you up on it. However, chettacheese said that he would post a pic of the frame with the grips off of it. If there is a lot of area that needs to be recessed in the grip panel to accomidate them to the frame, then, I may not be able to do it just yet. I will keep you in mind tho. And, I would compensate you for your generosity if I did take you up on your offer:D

chettacheez
11-03-2006, 07:34 AM
That is very generous of you Mobsterboy, and I may take you up on it. However, chettacheese said that he would post a pic of the frame with the grips off of it. If there is a lot of area that needs to be recessed in the grip panel to accomidate them to the frame, then, I may not be able to do it just yet. I will keep you in mind tho. And, I would compensate you for your generosity if I did take you up on your offer:D

I just remembered my frame is off to ano, but I will get you a pic of the grips today with some measurements