PDA

View Full Version : mags and rubber ducks

donthurtthenoob
11-02-2006, 09:36 PM
electric guns + water = bad things

minimags + water = ___________

what happens if a mini or auto mag gets wet, will it ruin the gun, or am i free to play in the rain ?

- :shooting: noob

geekwarrior
11-02-2006, 09:38 PM
you can dump it under water, take it out, and fire it...might chuff a few times, but it'll work...thats actually a good way to clean them

autococker04
11-02-2006, 09:46 PM
it should be fine

SR_matt
11-02-2006, 09:50 PM
it will be fine, i might worry about firing it under water (it is posiable that water could get into the valve but the air flows probably prevent that)

just as long as you shoot it after if you shoot it under water it should clear it out.

there is a vid around wone where that shows a mag getting lit up, dunked in water, fired under water, shot a few times to clear it out, then shot with a q-loader and it was fine.
-matt

geekwarrior
11-02-2006, 09:54 PM
zak (http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/z-man_videos/zman_videos_main.html)

look at the stress test vid

Pyrate Jim
11-02-2006, 11:16 PM

what happens if a mini or auto mag gets wet, will it ruin the gun, or am i free to play in the rain ?

Playing in the rain won't stop a 'mag. Unless the paintballs swell up too big to fit through the feed neck. (had it happen to me)

d4m4don3
11-03-2006, 12:26 PM
If I play in the rain I make sure I have a stick squeegee. The mag will fire, has no issues with water, but the moisture in the barrel will make the balls veer off. So every few shots I stick a squeegee in there and clean it out.

Dark Frost17
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
play in the rain all the time......when it does rain....never had any problems.....

don miguel
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM

I believe the manual suggests to submerge a pressureizes minimag in water to clean it.

Tunaman
11-06-2006, 06:19 AM
If you dont take it COMPLETELY apart and dry it off after getting it wet there are a few parts that will rust and make a mess....

paintball-lizard
11-06-2006, 07:30 AM
I have used my classic mag in the rain with no probs it rains alot in Scotland lol.

PumpMag
11-07-2006, 03:02 AM
If you dont take it COMPLETELY apart and dry it off after getting it wet there are a few parts that will rust and make a mess....
Yes. Weeks after light rain, my on/off pin rusted. It was the only part that went bad. But be sure to completely clean and dry all pieces after playing in the rain when you get back home.