PDA

View Full Version : Sluggos, I dont want to start a riot.

GT
11-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Is AGD planning to make anymore body slugs? Yes or No would be sufficent.

warbeak2099
11-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Not right now

Piranti
11-02-2006, 10:33 PM
I may be willing to part with mine for the right price.......

Still havent heard back from the millers yet :cry:

Tunaman
11-02-2006, 10:33 PM
I have 3 slugs left. You know the email address. [email protected] :D

Piranti
11-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Lol we jsut located 4 of the so called 5 remaining sluggo's

Piranti
11-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Mine is only 'somewhat' available. Asked a couple of airsmiths what they could or would do and haven't received anything back yet :cry: Though with funds running low and Events like christmas coming up....

jenarelJAM
11-03-2006, 01:51 AM
I was just wondering... I know that slug bodies are used to make kartas and dallaras and chords...
Why does everyone want to buy the slug bodies?(or so they say) Why don't they just find a karta etc. for sale?

Or is there something else that everyone uses these slug bodies for?

Triangle
11-03-2006, 02:22 AM
I was just wondering... I know that slug bodies are used to make kartas and dallaras and chords...
Why does everyone want to buy the slug bodies?(or so they say) Why don't they just find a karta etc. for sale?

Because Dallara's Karta's are harder to find then the standard ULE body.
Also at times they aren't reasonably priced, and I don't blame the sellers- I know I'll never part with my Dallara, and if I were to...It'd be pretty expensive.

Arstron
11-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Why would anyone want a slug? Simple, you need a slug body to make somthing like this:

http://www.fusionowners.org/emag/emag1.jpg

:cheers:

SR_matt
11-03-2006, 03:58 PM
hmm while i dont think i would use that personaly it still is very cool

-matt

Dewok82
11-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Has anyone had any luck contacting Deadlywind to mill their slugs?
I imagine it would be quite expensive to set up for 1 or 2 bodies.

RRfireblade
11-03-2006, 05:26 PM
There are others out there too. Just spoke with someone today who has one. Trust me, they are out there.

If everyone wanted one like they say they do, theyd all be gone.

They want them , they just want them cheap. :) Ima hang on to my few for now.

RRfireblade
11-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Seems like it, however I will take a dozen of the cheaper than they can made versions when they come out. ;)

GT
11-03-2006, 07:04 PM

Maybe because I dunno, chords are dam hard to find.

Tunaman

I sent you a note.

SR_matt
11-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Has anyone had any luck contacting Deadlywind to mill their slugs?
I imagine it would be quite expensive to set up for 1 or 2 bodies.
to get a slug milled down it is the price of the cut you want minus 100 bucks. i felt it was too much when all the slugs i could find were well over 100 bucks.

-matt

Ole Unka Phil
11-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I know where one more is... ;)

Dark Frost17
11-05-2006, 08:30 PM
are there different versions of the sluggs?,,,,,just would like to find 1 that goes over the valve like a dallara but also has the lip like a kartas.....
or maybe something really smooth looking .... in dunno .......kinda discouraged from a $200.00+ sluggo :rolleyes:

Dark

RRfireblade
11-05-2006, 11:25 PM
V1 & V2 , 2's being the ones that run over the valve.

V2s are the ones I happen to have.

Jdogg
11-05-2006, 11:37 PM
i know someone that has slugs, cash talks

Triangle
11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
i know someone that has slugs, cash talks
OH, because you're reputable right?

Chronobreak
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
OH, because you're reputable right?
:rofl:

sorry but it was funny :ninja:

if a large batch of slugs came out a new body desighn would be cool..

crudeidol
12-14-2006, 11:50 PM
hey all, I'm new to the forum and to 'mags, but I've been playing for a few years now.

Well, I've got a friend who is helping me collect the parts for a 'junker' gun, and the body he's throwing is a slug body.

I'm curious as to how valuable they are, since I'm a bit torn on whether or not to just hold onto it and get a minimag body instead or if I want to do a completely custom, 1-off mill job..

keep in mind that I intend to keep it either way, so you're out of luck for a sale! (at least for now, lol)

thanks in advance for the help! I'm very interested in the 'mag and how it all goes together.. I've had a chance to shoot my friend's a few times and really liked it alot! :D

::edit::

looking at a previous post, I believe that the one I'm getting is the kind that does not cover the valve, but does seem to cover part of the barrel.. 'cocker threaded, of course, and looks to be in good shape!

thanks again!

geekwarrior
12-14-2006, 11:51 PM
hey all, I'm new to the forum and to 'mags, but I've been playing for a few years now.

Well, I've got a friend who is helping me collect the parts for a 'junker' gun, and the body he's throwing is a slug body.

I'm curious as to how valuable they are, since I'm a bit torn on whether or not to just hold onto it and get a minimag body instead or if I want to do a completely custom, 1-off mill job..

keep in mind that I intend to keep it either way, so you're out of luck for a sale! (at least for now, lol)

thanks in advance for the help! I'm very interested in the 'mag and how it all goes together.. I've had a chance to shoot my friend's a few times and really liked it alot! :D

you could probably sell the slug (if thats really what it is) and buy yourself a nice used mag.

crudeidol
12-14-2006, 11:53 PM
you could probably sell the slug (if thats really what it is) and buy yourself a nice used mag.

hey thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can get some pictures to post in my sig or something

geekwarrior
12-14-2006, 11:55 PM
hey thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can get some pictures to post in my sig or something

no prob...run a search for slug body in the buy/sell forum and you could get an idea of what they have been going for.

welcome to AO :cheers: