PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a Micro line for my mag?

RavishingEddie
11-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Hello everyone I have some quick questions. Are there any disadvantages to using a micro line over a Macroline? I did a search but only found SS vs. Macro. Also are all the heights on the rails the same or are there some taller ones than others?

Pneumagger
11-03-2006, 02:45 AM
All rails fall under AGD spec for heightness.

You can use a Microline... but they typically hurt the recharge rate during rapid shot groups. A lit of pumps use the Micro sized line, but that is cause they shoot slow. Micro should handle the pressure just fine as long like it's rated to your operating pressure. Just be sure to order the right kind just as you would do for any Macroline.

Chaos_Theory!
11-03-2006, 02:47 AM
Try running HP through Microline and see what happens....

Even if it does work at first it wont last.

RavishingEddie
11-03-2006, 03:41 AM
what if I use metal tubing like they use on phantoms. Could that work? I am sorry for asking all these questions, but I think I found a way to build a pneumag with out any hoses on the outside of gun :)

Chaos_Theory!
11-03-2006, 03:44 AM
Sure, hard lines will work. A company actually used to make hard line kits that fit mags. They never really cought on cus of leaks and what not but they look cool.

Aggravated Assault
11-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Try running HP through Microline and see what happens....

Even if it does work at first it wont last.

I have had micro on one of my mags for a couple years now and an old teammate has for even longer. I can't see where it has affected the recharge rate, at least where its like night and day.

I ain't sayin this is normal, just that its worked for me ok.

I also don't crank the pressure up - maybe that has something to do with it not blowing out? Don't know.

Pacifist_Farmer
11-03-2006, 07:52 AM
I've got a real old micro-remote that I have used on Mag's. It is safe enough but with that kind of length I was definitely getting a recharge issue. Micro in short lengths has never caused me any problems.

Aslan
11-15-2006, 03:45 PM
My Classic Mag has microline running from the foregrip adaptor to the valve, never had any problem in over a year of use (and probably longer before I bought it).

I used microline on my Spyder for years and never had a problem.

That being said, I personally like macroline...just too lazy to switch it out while it's still firing fine. :p I don't like stainless steel because it's difficult to use without quick disconnects...and quick disconnect SS is expensive. The knock on both SS (quick disconnect) and microline is both are harder to find. Macroline and the macro fittings are everywhere...but I've had a heck of a time trying to find quick disconnects (SS) and microline. Where I've had to go with SS is with CO2. For some reason the CO2 wreaks havoc on macro and micro line fittings...at least with mine it has. My spyder used to need new microline fittings every few months of play because they'd start to leak...switched to SS...hasn't leaked since.

Sir_Brass
11-15-2006, 04:53 PM
It reeks havoc on macro fittings b/c of the fitting's being made of metal, and metal's expansion and contraction properties.

PumpMag
11-17-2006, 12:56 AM
I used microline for some time with my Mag. But I also experienced the fittings don't last, they leak faster than macroline fittings and microlines are definitely not as common to find at your paintball store as macrolines. :cry: