PDA

View Full Version : Center feed minimag bodies

UltraMag527
11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Were these a production run or a few made?

gus13
11-03-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm not sure I believe there were only a few made, when I called AGD asking about barrels they said they had never made them!! but I'm no expert so I am probably wrong. all I'm going to say is good luck finding a barrel for it.

don miguel
11-04-2006, 07:26 PM
I think you are talking about this:
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3509/dsc02868jv9.jpg
yeah he did this by taking one of these:
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_278.jpg
and switching the feedneck with this:
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/option/450.164.3.jpg
and then re "blasting it". I wouldn't do it if I were you. AGD never made them. This one is custom.

Jaan
11-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Look up "Centerfire Minimag".

Diggers Centerfire Minimag Review (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?sort=new&prod=683&page=1#62262)

kopfjaeger
11-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Actually there was a run of HI-RISE VERTFEED MINIMAG bodies. This is what I used and siimply had the feednecks switched from the LO-RISE VERTFEED EMAG/RTPRO body and HI-RISE VERTFEED MINIMAG body.

$tevo
11-04-2006, 08:28 PM
don miguel, is that mag yours?

gus13
11-04-2006, 08:50 PM
no it kopfjaeger's he had it posted on the pic thread. I think Don was using it as an example... even if he was wrong. (for example the c/f mini has it laser etched on the valve along with a serial # for that particular C/F minimag) even if AGD doesn't claim to make them or to have made them ever!

GT
11-04-2006, 11:37 PM
let me clarify the no rise vert minis. I had a one built by Brad AGD. It started life as a high rise vert and was then cut down to a no-rise. I had Brad order the clamp from AGD. This is the second one I have ever seen with a no rise.

AGD-OfficeGal
11-05-2006, 12:28 AM
MANY years ago (long before I started working for AGD which was in 2001) a limited run of center feed Minimag mainbodies was done for a single dealer - possibly Trader J's? - and those bodies still show up for sale used here and there.

Marcia
AGD-USA

kopfjaeger
11-05-2006, 01:17 AM
GT, that is the body you sold me a while back in the picture above, now converted. :)

gus13
11-05-2006, 01:33 AM
if Icould figure out how to post pics on this thing I would show ya'll my old mini, I haven't converted it to a no-rise but I still love it (although I temporarily robbed the rail and trigger frame for my current project.)

PumpMag
11-05-2006, 02:01 AM
if Icould figure out how to post pics on this thing I would show ya'll my old mini, I haven't converted it to a no-rise but I still love it (although I temporarily robbed the rail and trigger frame for my current project.)

To post pics.......... :)

Go to this section:

http://www.automags.org/chat/forumfaq.shtml

don miguel
11-05-2006, 08:16 AM
don miguel, is that mag yours?
No sorry that's Kopfjaeger's beauty. I wish i had one. It looks like an evpensive conversion though. many $$$$$$$$$$.

kopfjaeger
11-05-2006, 05:23 PM
$40 dollar conversion. :)

don miguel
11-05-2006, 06:19 PM
$40 dollar conversion. :)
Yeah but you had to buy both mainbodies first.

GT
11-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah but you had to buy both mainbodies first.

No you don't.

gus13
11-06-2006, 01:31 PM
hey Don you might want to remember what I told you the other day. I've only just recently joined this community and I'm already getting tired of the crap you pull out of nowhere that is totally wrong or at least wildly inaccurate. you need to at least have some basis of fact rather than total supposition to back your statements. again this is not a flame (at least not intentional) but it IS a friendly reminder. People want an answer to their questions, but they want the RIGHT answer, so if your just guessing and you intend on posting then at least state that your guessing, rather than sounding like you have a clue whether you really do or not. I'd appreciate your cooperation on this matter. :D

don miguel
11-06-2006, 05:24 PM
No you don't.
what are you talking about? unless he got the mainbodies for free then how did he switch the feednecks? I asked him about this a while back and he (kompfjaeger) told me he bought got two mainbodies (minimag+ center feed low rise twist lock) and got the feednecks swapped, and repainted. That's all. Mabe he got them for free, he never told me that. Im sorry, I meant to say that it looked like an expensive conversion, I deleted the Pm but I rember him saying something about switching the feednecks of a center feed lowrise twist lock, and a minimag body, to make his own custom body. It looks very nice, I just thought it looked expensive, my bad.

shorty24
11-06-2006, 05:54 PM
this thread jogged my memory...i used to have one of the original minimag c/f bodies, although i believe they were all high-rise versions, the no-rise being a very few one-offs.

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8461/evo2im5.jpg

/i actually still know the whereabouts of this body, i believe it's collecting dust on a shelf... :ninja:

*EDIT* In this setup I used one of Doc's barrel adapters, although the place I bought it from still had a large collection of c/f twistlock barrels, and other VERY oldschool mag stuff. The only guy I ever found that still sold mag stuff, and I think he never moved outta the early 90's...mech STO cockers, original RT's with the smaller, shrouded valves...I should ransack that place....

Pullman
11-06-2006, 06:05 PM
I got one of those Digger bodies and had Tunaman convert mine to a no-rise, and then powdercoat it gloss black. The body cost me $60, and I think Tuna charged me $60 for the conversion and powdercoat including shipping. Totally worth it, I think. :D

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/pullman666/2006_0820MM0056.jpg

shorty24
11-06-2006, 06:08 PM
/\/\/\/\ teh secks!!!1! very nice looking...

GT
11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
what are you talking about? unless he got the mainbodies for free then how did he switch the feednecks?

Read Pullman's post.

gus13
11-07-2006, 01:40 AM
pullman has a Niiiiice setup. but the question remains how may c/f minimag bodies were actually produced?
Off topic but on the same thoughtwave..... how many z- grips were produced, and also stock chrome bodies on the mini-mag (I have a friend with these two and he swears the chrome minimag came like that from the factory and only a few were produced, I'm not so sure myself but I am curious about it) I do understand that z- grips are "kinda" hard to find (although on here less so) but I'm curious to see exactly how "rare". :confused:

UltraMag527
11-07-2006, 08:57 PM
I am saving my pennies so the next time one comes for sale. I be ready for my pnuemag

gus13
11-08-2006, 01:41 PM
well I found the answer on the minimag bodies. But I am still curious to know how many Z-bodies were made and how available they are, also with the center feed mini.

$tevo
11-08-2006, 10:20 PM
anyone know a site that sells centerfeed no/high rise mini mag bodies? or is anyone currently selling?