PDA

View Full Version : DSX Pulse loader

J_dragon
11-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Ok iv just got my first mag tac one emag and am a fully converted MAGS this is my first thread as well.

ok so I was looking at the revie because think the idea of the mark telling the hopper to works is a grate way of avoiding nearly all the problems u get with feeding I use a halo at the moment and some how i out shoot it once in a blue moon when i my fingers go a bit crazy still working on consistency. well i found this on the net the DXS pulse by procaps hears what I found out

Released 8th November

Magnetic Lid
For easy quick loading
Removable Drivetrain
Fast & Easy Cleaning Access (your whole hand fits inside from the bottom where the drive train goes)
Recessed Feed Cone (virtually no "popcorning")
Gentle drive fingers for brittle paint
Interchangeable Battery Kit
6 aa's or light weight 2X9V Option
Low Profile Feed Neck
Faster Block-Free Performance
Wireless One-Sync Pulse Technology
Marker & Loader Communicate & Function as One for Max R.O.F.

DXS PULSE LOADER

The DXS PulseTM Loader introduces a revolution in paintball loader technology: The loader and marker can now be coordinated to function as ONE MACHINE via R.F. Wireless SynchropulseTM technology. Using a unique “Rotary Pulsing MotorTM, the Pulse loader instantaneously Accelerates and ramps via wireless signal pulses delivered from the marker, matching the loader’s action to that of the marker’s mode program, SHOT-FOR-SHOT, with none of the time delays of the ordinary electric motors used in other loaders.

The PULSE’s exclusive ball-sensing technology solves an array of problems that plague today’s spring loader motorised hoppers. This durable system is radically superior to the troublesome “EYE” systems which are highly sensitive to dirt, broken paint, and certain shell colours. The PULSE also dramatically outperforms sound-driven loaders, whose over sensitivity to “ambient” game noise can cause false drive-cone starts and broken paint.

PRO-Active Function: Like the electronic equivalent of a fast twitch muscle, the Rotary Pulsing MotorTM makes the PULSE the only pro-active loader delivering continuous rotary pulse readiness for instantaneous response at all times. Other loaders use RE-active drive motors which begin to accelerate only after your gun has begun shooting. The time delay for conventional motors to get up to speed can cause missed shot opportunities and ball chopping. The Pro-Active Pulse begins rocking as fast as you do.

Red Mode, Green Mode: Standard Red Mode exceeds the performance of today’s loaders, extracting extreme performance from both standard and high end markers. But in high-performance R.F. GREEN MODE, the electronic marker and the Pulse become one: The marker’s mode-program wirelessly commands every single shot from the PULSE loader via R.F. signals, instantaneously Accelerating and ramping in perfect matched harmony. The PULSE also decelerates and stops instantaneously at the end of every shooting burst, avoiding the messy ball-breaking pileups that plague today’s loaders. (Marker board adapter installs easily).

Convenience Innovations:

Quick-Drawer TM Access Feature: Slide out the entire drive train by hand – NO TOOLS – For complete internal cleaning in seconds!

Reversing Switch enables instant de-jam on the fly, at the momentary touch of a button.

Gentlest on Paint: Drive-fingers are below the feed cone surface to avoid the ball-breaking “popcorn effect” syndrome that other loaders struggle with, enabling PULSE users to use brittle paint without breakage.

Light Weight: 10% lighter than the HaloTM.

look v promising am thinking there must b a way of the chip that needs to go on the mag board were we can just plug it in. well hope fully i will stop my miss fires i now its only 7 or 8 out of 2000 but i always thing that 1 might have eliminated the player happy :shooting: every1

and a video of the hopper
http://media.putfile.com/Pulse-Video-1st

personally not shore about the reliability of the Wireless
and how it will hold up with the nocks and bangs u have in a game what do u think as fare as i can tell its a halo with a revie way of activating

teufelhunden
11-03-2006, 01:44 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

k

i think jon carry may have been speaking about you.

lasrsktr
11-03-2006, 01:47 PM
wow... someone should give this guy a copy of Mozilla Firefox version 2....

seriously though.... please before you make another post check your spelling...

Warwitch
11-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Looks fishy. Hes probably a rep for the company making them. Spam??

zackzel
11-03-2006, 02:20 PM
It looks like a halo clone to me?

cowboy_00
11-03-2006, 02:49 PM
idk...i like it, but it would mean putting something electronic into a mech mag.

(i'm just waiting for that EMP to go off at the field so the mechs will rule again)

if it just like an intelli-switch or something though...that does look pretty sweet.

SCpoloRicker
11-03-2006, 02:57 PM
*giggles*

jenarelJAM
11-03-2006, 03:03 PM
We already had another thead about this not too long ago...
Nice vid, but please, spell things correctly. Don't misspell things incorrectly on purpose to look "agg" It's not appreciated much on these forums.

Rudz
11-03-2006, 03:28 PM
We already had another thead about this not too long ago...
Nice vid, but please, spell things correctly. Don't misspell things incorrectly on purpose to look "agg" It's not appreciated much on these forums.

Yes there is a thread on it, with links and piks..I should know, I made it....

robnix
11-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Looks fishy. Hes probably a rep for the company making them. Spam??

After trying to read that post would you buy one?

FromTheBack
11-03-2006, 04:27 PM
In actuality the new Pulse is looking real nice, 160 bucks but really if it works so well, is reliable, and easy to clean and upgrade as it seems to be I might just be getting one....since my Halo just fkin broke down on me.

Here's a picture of it.

http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/9820/dxs13hr7.jpg

Similar to a halo in aesthetics but the internals are much much more advanced it seems.

^^^^^And be nice to the guy, I'm pretty sure he's just younger. No need to be so rude to a first post member...

Chaos_Theory!
11-03-2006, 05:49 PM
ok iv just got my firts mag tac one emag and am a fully converted MAGS :headbang: this is my first thread as well.

ok so i was looking at the revie cos think the idear of the marka telling the hoper to works is a grate way of avoiding nearly all the problems u get with feading i use a halo at the minit and some how i out shoot it once in a blue moon when i my fingers go a bit crasy still working on consistancy. well i found this on the net the DXS pulse by procap hears wot i found out

In most cases idc about spelling and stuff but damn, what the hell is this kid on?

Also, this has been on pbn for a lil while now.

onedude36
11-03-2006, 08:10 PM
In most cases idc about spelling and stuff but damn, what the hell is this kid on?

Also, this has been on pbn for a lil while now.

I had skipped that paragraph. Now that I read your quote, I think I am a litter stupider.

Lupis Fidelis
11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Sure it's nice to have new members and I appreciate everyone's input but that actually hurt my eyes and then my brain and then both at the same time...

:tard:

nippinout
11-04-2006, 04:23 AM
:ninja:

That Green mode sounds something like what manike was talking about for optimizing loader feed speeds.

Instead of having the traditional ball stack that has paint touching the next ball in the stack, there are gaps placed between individual paintballs.

Having the gun and loader knowing what the other is doing, the loader can be timed to throw a ball into the breech without having to stop the loader or rely on some force on the ball stack.

(I wonder if it has any markings on the box or loader. In particular, US006109252)

:ninja:

MANN
11-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Ok iv just got my first mag tac one emag

Yeah I am sure that you bought a e-tac. :rolleyes: You might have a good product, but this is the wrong way to promote it. Now all of us think that your company is ran by a bunch of 10 yr olds.

VFX_Fenix
11-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah I am sure that you bought a e-tac. :rolleyes: You might have a good product, but this is the wrong way to promote it. Now all of us think that your company is run by a bunch of 10 yr olds.

Gramar Police, doing their civic duty. :D :cheers:

Dark Frost17
11-04-2006, 09:12 PM
ok well the spelling doesnt really bother me...
but i am buying 1 of the loaders at world cup this coming week.....i will let you guys how it works.....
selling halo if any of you want it though :D

Dark Frost17
11-04-2006, 09:40 PM
brandon area....close to tampa.....

Warwitch
11-06-2006, 09:10 AM
brandon area....close to tampa.....

We ususally come up to Tampa to play. No good woodsball around here :cry:

WARPED1
11-06-2006, 10:47 AM
I saw a post on PBN a few months ago, a sneak peak kind of thing. All I can say is wow. That's all I have to say about that.

Dark Frost17
11-06-2006, 05:12 PM
We ususally come up to Tampa to play. No good woodsball around here :cry:

what fields?

Warwitch
11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
He copy and pasted the product description you idiot.

It's not spam.

OK, Its not spam. But you would think hed have used quotes :rolleyes:

anyways...

what fields?

Usually Orbital. Im glad its finally cooling off. A little anyway!

neppo1345
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Talked to some techs at All American this weekend, it empties in ~5 seconds in a drop test, and has been gun tested to ~30 bps w/ the bluetooth.

Also, when you remove the drive components (they all slide out on a tray) you can reach your entire hand inside the loader to clean it...

Oh, and It eats batteries like NO OTHER.

Draken
11-06-2006, 09:52 PM
So sitting on the sidelines of a game with a bluetooth PDA I could boost my power, find the sig they are using, and crush every ball in every-ones hopper? seriously, sounds like a great idea, but with a bluetooth gun/cannon wouldn't be hard to screw everything up

jenarelJAM
11-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Probably has some random code it syncs between the marker and hopper when you turn it on. You would have to break the code in the short amount of time while they're playing, and you would have to do it to each person individually... That's just what I would do. I'm sure they thought of hackers when they built it.

FinchMan
11-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, bluetooth connections can be established off-field, then locked down. That way, there is very little you can do to hack it.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/bluetooth.htm/printable

Draken
11-06-2006, 11:04 PM
but you can also flood the whole band and make that mode worthless...sorry, great idea, but i would stay away from bluetooth and setup my own band thats not already being used

CKY_Alliance
11-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Good vid on the pulse..CAUTION watching this will make you want one..this loader looks soo good..i wasnt sure about it untill i saw this..but now the only thing that will change my mind (maybe) is the size..but here ya go..enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exlVFu92nsA

WARPED1
11-15-2006, 06:06 PM
I saw this loader at the Cup, man is it great. Also, the rep was 225 pounds, he put it on the ground, after he dented the table with the feedneck, and stood on it full weight. Not a crack on it.
After I get my Epihany, I'm getting a Pulse. Bill, at SP, said that all SP guns will come with the Pulse sensor installed if you wish.
*EDIT* I just watched the video, I was there for that. :p

jenarelJAM
11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
After my initial skepticism... I'm beginning to think we have a new mainstream hopper...

Rudz
11-15-2006, 08:23 PM
now i really want one..they said the chip can be installed on any marker..i wonder if any includes my electro mags...and did yall catch the bit about the 300 round capacity shells for back players?? yippeee

CKY_Alliance
11-15-2006, 08:25 PM
now i really want one..they said the chip can be installed on any marker..i wonder if any includes my electro mags...and did yall catch the bit about the 300 round capacity shells for back players?? yippeee

If your marker creates a current of electricity when the trigger is pulled..then yes the chip can be used on it.

WARPED1
11-15-2006, 08:46 PM
At cup he said any electronic marker.

Rudz
11-15-2006, 09:05 PM
i cant wait, i want one so bad

WARPED1
11-15-2006, 09:07 PM
It looked good too, like a HALO, but better somehow.

Dark Frost17
11-15-2006, 09:12 PM
i have 1 and its so much faster the my halo.... and i like how the tray slides out....so much stronger!!!... i will have picks up :D

Rudz
11-15-2006, 09:19 PM
my local shop gets em in on friday..i might have to get one..

CKY_Alliance
11-15-2006, 09:23 PM
i have 1 and its so much faster the my halo.... and i like how the tray slides out....so much stronger!!!... i will have picks up :D

How does it compare in size to a halo? Is it bigger target?..How does it compare wieght wise?..then again i own the Heaviest halo ever...without batteries it's as heavy as my reloaderB WITH batteries..anyway...lemme know plz. :cheers:

Dark Frost17
11-15-2006, 09:28 PM
How does it compare in size to a halo? Is it bigger target?..How does it compare wieght wise?..then again i own the Heaviest halo ever...without batteries it's as heavy as my reloaderB WITH batteries..anyway...lemme know plz. :cheers:

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/39000/pulse_rs.jpg (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/39485.html)
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/39000/mag_pulse_rs.jpg (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/39484.html)
about the same size.
lighter and faster...hopfully better on batteries the feed neck is shorter solid and thinner.... :D
oo i also got a new 48/45 and it is tiny havent had a chance to air it up yet but it feels better then my 70/45 stubby and so much lighter

WARPED1
11-15-2006, 10:02 PM
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/39000/pulse_rs.jpg (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/39485.html)
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/39000/mag_pulse_rs.jpg (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/39484.html)
about the same size.
lighter and faster...hopfully better on batteries the feed neck is shorter solid and thinner.... :D
oo i also got a new 48/45 and it is tiny havent had a chance to air it up yet but it feels better then my 70/45 stubby and so much lighter
Got it set on Pulse not RF I take it? Looks nice.

Dark Frost17
11-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Got it set on Pulse not RF I take it? Looks nice.

yup...
but what sucks is that mine didnt come with magnents.....amd the lid is a bit hard to shut and open...

WARPED1
11-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Why no magnets? I loved that on the lid.

Dark Frost17
11-15-2006, 10:25 PM
maybe they forgot them .... i do not know .....a little steamed about it :mad: ......

WARPED1
11-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Call them, I bet they'll send you some. :)

FinchMan
11-15-2006, 11:21 PM
I want to see someone mount a stubby tank vertically. :rofl:

If i ever get one, i'd try to hack it to use a normal intelliframe micro-switch.

...Maybe you could hook a battery to the microswitch to their bluetooth chip, so it'll pretend it's a solenoid pulse. :cool:

CKY_Alliance
11-15-2006, 11:49 PM
I want to see someone mount a stubby tank vertically. :rofl:

If i ever get one, i'd try to hack it to use a normal intelliframe micro-switch.

...Maybe you could hook a battery to the microswitch to their bluetooth chip, so it'll pretend it's a solenoid pulse. :cool:

will probably work..i think the thing just sends a signal anytime it gets power..so if you were to hook it to it's own battery it would just constantly send the signal. Just my guess.

Sir_Brass
11-15-2006, 11:58 PM
It'd be worth asking the reps about that. I don't see how the company would mind if it's possible, since it would only help expand their customer base to those who have mech markers, not electros.

st6212
11-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Another vid:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/tradeshows/cup06_vid/pulse.shtml

WARPED1
11-16-2006, 01:20 PM
I watched the Mini vid too, that's where Manikes been hiding! :p

BigEvil
11-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Here's something I bet no one thought about... any chance that the great big 18v noid in the emag will cause enough magnetic interfirence to cause the Pulse to not function?

ricwhic414
11-16-2006, 02:59 PM
It seems pretty good but with my pneumag it seems pointless to spend 150-160 bucks on a loader that won't do anything that different then a halo b

emagclown
11-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I actually brought two of these home from Cup this year. I was very impresed with the durability and ease of use. It is very similiar in size to the Halo, but just seems like it would take alot more abuse. I did have them install the r/f switch in my Timmy, and I think its a great idea. If you have'nt seen this in person, you can not believe how fast it spins.

Anyway, just my 2-cents

Sir_Brass
11-16-2006, 06:31 PM
I've never been much for expensive fancy loaders, but that dxs has me SOLD! That thing is a heap of bloody good engineering well engineered to work together! The pulse mode is a very intelligent concept, as is the proactive feeding. I like it :). I like it ALOT.

don miguel
11-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Just a question, are the shells made up of something other than glass (like a halo b). Because Ive heard all this hype about them being a similar shape, and material as the halo b, so are they stronger? or just glass also? Mabe if thier durable, ill pick one up. :cheers:

MarkM
11-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Just a question, are the shells made up of something other than glass (like a halo b). Because Ive heard all this hype about them being a similar shape, and material as the halo b, so are they stronger? or just glass also? Mabe if thier durable, ill pick one up. :cheers:

Go here http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/tradeshows/cup06_vid/index.shtml choose the last video, ignore the brit doing the talking as he is a company man...shame he has worked for so many ;) If half of what he says is correct then it will simply be a price thing that will make you decide if to go for it. Mind you I can remember when the Halo was introduced and all the pic's of Chris Lasoya were doing the rounds using a prototype and the same comments made then are being made again, too expensive, too heavy, too many batteries, why do I want to feed that fast, too big a lump on my marker, trust me you will all buy one within a couple of years and I did just that with the Halo..and by which time it was a Halo B. I did admittedly get it at the right price and now own 2.
Also something to remember is that the paintball season is effectively over for a great many people so very few will be able to give you any reliabilty feedback for quite a while, afterall it is just one of many new products released this last month.

CAPTAIN_CHAOS
11-16-2006, 07:18 PM
it looks and soundds pretty promising

Dark Frost17
11-16-2006, 07:23 PM

Glass?.....really glass?.....
yes mine is made of glass... :rolleyes:

different material then a halo .... way stronger (feels that way) :D .......3 of my team mates have broke there halo b's.....in like 3 months if that.......
but what ever simular in size
wont be able to field test it untill dec....
:cheers:

don miguel
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Go here http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/tradeshows/cup06_vid/index.shtml choose the last video, ignore the brit doing the talking as he is a company man...shame he has worked for so many ;) If half of what he says is correct then it will simply be a price thing that will make you decide if to go for it. Mind you I can remember when the Halo was introduced and all the pic's of Chris Lasoya were doing the rounds using a prototype and the same comments made then are being made again, too expensive, too heavy, too many batteries, why do I want to feed that fast, too big a lump on my marker, trust me you will all buy one within a couple of years and I did just that with the Halo..and by which time it was a Halo B. I did admittedly get it at the right price and now own 2.
Also something to remember is that the paintball season is effectively over for a great many people so very few will be able to give you any reliabilty feedback for quite a while, afterall it is just one of many new products released this last month.
Thanks that helped alot, mabe ill pick one up when the price drops.

CKY_Alliance
11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Glass?.....really glass?.....
yes mine is made of glass... :rolleyes:

different material then a halo .... way stronger (feels that way) :D .......3 of my team mates have broke there halo b's.....in like 3 months if that.......
but what ever simular in size
wont be able to field test it untill dec....
:cheers:

I hate when i slide into a bunker,my hopper breaks on the slide and i cut my knee open on the glass :rolleyes:

Don Ever seen a Vforce lens?..well a lot of people trust those not to break..and this loader is made out of the same material.

WARPED1
11-16-2006, 08:35 PM
A guy from Joy Division pounded a nail with the PULSE, The nail broke, the Pulse did not.

rkjunior303
11-17-2006, 12:23 AM
my teammate just got one from a buddy who brought one home from cup - gonna check it out sunday. i already decided i want one, though lol

Toll
11-17-2006, 02:34 AM
It looks neat and I like the incorperation...but what would get me is the durability. There's a reason I shoot a mag and viking..I dont like things breaking on me.

Chaos_Theory!
11-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Toll - Watch the demo vid, they can take one hell of a beating.

Rudz
11-17-2006, 02:38 AM
durable? the thing doubles as a hammer..lol im so getting one..

ricwhic414
11-17-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm getting one to use as just a hammer :D

don miguel
11-17-2006, 05:12 PM
I hate when i slide into a bunker,my hopper breaks on the slide and i cut my knee open on the glass :rolleyes:

Don Ever seen a Vforce lens?..well a lot of people trust those not to break..and this loader is made out of the same material.
I own profilers champ. :rolleyes: Why are you quoting someone else and talking too me?

Toll
11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Er, I didn't mean it negatively, from what I'm told from just about everyone is that they are infact tanks.

Dark Frost17
11-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Er, I didn't mean it negatively, from what I'm told from just about everyone is that they are infact tanks.

my buddy 285lbs was standing on his on the carpet..... :D

kenndogg
11-18-2006, 07:20 AM
I own profilers champ. :rolleyes:

vforce makes profilers....champ :rolleyes:

FSU_Paintball
11-18-2006, 10:00 PM
One of my buddies has this hopper. He loves it, says it's great.

I think the $200 price tag for the hopper + transmitter is a wee bit high though.

CKY_Alliance
11-19-2006, 01:31 AM
I own profilers champ. :rolleyes: Why are you quoting someone else and talking too me?

I quoted him because of my refernce to glass...see he also commented on your MORONIC statement about loaders made out of glass as did I.....i know it's a lot for your small mind to comprehend,but read it slowly,several times and maybe you will comprehend it...thats Com-Pre-Hen-D got it?....ok now you go make some of those awsome cookies you LD kids make :tard: .

WARPED1
11-19-2006, 02:09 AM
One of my buddies has this hopper. He loves it, says it's great.

I think the $200 price tag for the hopper + transmitter is a wee bit high though.
$160. Not $200.

cyrus-the-virus
11-19-2006, 02:22 AM
$160. Not $200.

for the base hopper it's $160 if you want the transmitter it's an extra $35.

Reasearch goes a long way :clap:

and it's actually $150 at some places.

MoeMag
11-19-2006, 03:14 AM
and it's actually $150 at some places.

Yup that’s how much I have been selling them for.
Kinda cool... they are not really faster... they are just consistent as all get out with that rf transmitter. first ball to last, no popcorn hopper like the B2 does, but the B2 still has the highest top end that I have shot. (q loader not included)

st6212
11-19-2006, 04:27 AM
Is it that much lighter? That much lower?...than the halo/reloaders?

I think my Halo w/ Cheetah board will last me for quite sometime. At the moment I don't see a need to change to the Pulse.

REDRT
11-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Is it that much lighter? That much lower?...than the halo/reloaders?

I think my Halo w/ Cheetah board will last me for quite sometime. At the moment I don't see a need to change to the Pulse.

NO and NO. It doesn't feel any lighter and it is roughly the same size.