PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna kick the person I bought this e-mag from.

Butterfingers
12-29-2001, 05:15 AM
So I thought it was the battary. AGD sent me a brand spankin new battary yesterday I tried charging it up nope.... no luck...

Its the charger. Which dosent make sense cause its puttin out more than 19 volts. But the probelm is my brand new battary isn't charging it has been stuck on 17.3 volts for the past 20 hours. It went on the charger with 17.3 volts and it came off the charger 20 hours later with the same voltage. What else the battary is dead cold. So I put it on my gun thinking oh 17.3 volts is good enough for a day of play... nope 50 shots later the gun wont trip the sear. I pull it out and test the battary it reads 16.8 volts. Is the gun NOT supposed to fire at this voltage?

So I open up the charger and I smell somthing funny, kinda sweet burning smell. Yep there is a big crack down the middle of one of the resistors and a burn mark outlining it on the circut board. But i dont understand its still putting out 19.1 volts!

I think im just gonna send everything back to AGD and have them sort it out.

ciaran.mooney
12-29-2001, 06:01 AM
Dont be too pissed, you can still use the mag in manual mode cant you?

a_malfunction
12-29-2001, 11:18 AM
I would be pretty pissed.... that is an awfully expensive RT Pro if the electronics dont work...

ciaran.mooney
12-29-2001, 11:22 AM
True. But think of all the Angels, Impulses etc that cant work with a fried board :p. A expensive RT pro, it better than an expensive bit of carved metal :D

paintballer187
12-29-2001, 01:24 PM
thats to bad that someome would sell a broken part. i would be pretty mad too, like a_malfunction said that would be one expensive RT pro

Russ
12-29-2001, 06:53 PM
Caveat Emptor!

Dont be too pissed, you can still use the mag in manual mode cant you?
Just because you can, NO ONE wants to use his/her E-Mag in manual.

Butterfingers, I told ya so! :) Did AGD charge (no pun intended ;) ) you for the replacement battery? If so how much $$$?

ciaran.mooney
12-30-2001, 04:19 AM
The point is he can still play - mr. angel with a fried board cant.

He can still enjoy himself with a high-end marker, rather than mr. angel having to use a rentel.

Butterfingers
12-30-2001, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Russ
Caveat Emptor!

Just because you can, NO ONE wants to use his/her E-Mag in manual.

Butterfingers, I told ya so! :) Did AGD charge (no pun intended ;) ) you for the replacement battery? If so how much $$$?

They didnt charge me and they even offered to send the replacement 2 day air. Thats why I love AGD, they are the best. I will NEVER buy from another company again.

They just asked me to send the old one back. Little do they know that they will be recieving a charger back too. When I call them on monday that is...

Oh it wasent the battary or the charger it was the battary AND the charger. The battary probably has some sort of short in it because I tested the old battary yesterday and it read 0.03 volts as compared to 6 volts when I charged it the other day. This short must have fried the charger. I hate the domino effect! Damn YOU DOMINOS!