PDA

View Full Version : Superbolt is cheesing paint...

aNtHrAx323
12-29-2001, 09:07 AM
My Superbolt seems to be cheesing paint quite a bit (breaks down the barrel, not chopping). It seems to cheese about 1 out of every 50 balls I shoot (only tried PMI Premium and Big Ball so far). Anyone else experiencing this?

FeelTheRT
12-29-2001, 09:25 AM
the first few superbolts were made a bit too long, i think AGD will replace it if u call.

aNtHrAx323
12-29-2001, 09:49 AM
Really? I bought mine right when they were available (maybe the 2nd day...?). Keep in mind it's not chopping the paint. The balls are fully in the barrel, and it just breaks them when shot (down the barrel). It's better than chopping, but still very aggravating. Would grinding down the edges a little help (right now, they seem to be pretty sharp inside the "cup" on the tip)?

riooso
12-29-2001, 10:27 AM
I am having ball problems also but it has been because I put in the superbolt at exactly the same time the weather changed. I put in the standard bolt and it does the same thing with the same paint. I am also not sure how to adjust the plastic nubbins and thinking that might be the problem.

R

irbodden
12-29-2001, 10:31 AM
First off, you shouldn't listen to me, I am an idiot tech wise, but it sounds like your problem is either bad paint or perhaps the nubins. Get new paint and some plastic nubins, and than see if you have a problem.

aNtHrAx323
12-29-2001, 10:52 AM
I have plastic nubbins, but this paint is a couple months old. I'll find some other paint to try... but if that doesn't help, anyone have any other suggestions?

a_malfunction
12-29-2001, 11:25 AM
You could always sand the sharp area you mentioned.... Just be careful and do a good job.

drx975
12-29-2001, 01:13 PM
Don't sand anything, because that shouldn't be the problem. Paint that's a couple months old will suck no matter what, and paint sucks in cold weather anyway. Get fresh paint and try it in a warmer area. If that doesn't work, send for a new one.

aNtHrAx323
12-29-2001, 01:25 PM
It's about 80º F outside right now (and low humidity), so temperature shouldn't be affecting it. But again, the length is not causing problems. The paint is breaking in the barrel, not when entering the chamber.

drx975
12-29-2001, 02:46 PM
This has actually happened to me before and I couldnt understand why it was happening. It turned out just to be bad paint.