PDA

View Full Version : Seals kit question

LFD92
11-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm relatively "new" to Automags after "rediscovering" them after 7 years of not having one. Why I ever got rid of my first Classic I have no idea. Anyway....

I have been looking for a parts/seals kit for my 2 Mags. I'm not too worried about the parts like nubbins and springs because I have PLENTY (thanks to the B/S/T forums). I have seen the AGD parts kits and I know they are relatively hard to find. I have been able to find the same version (but only the o-rings/seals) from Nitroduck.

Does anyone know about these kits? Are they any good? Is there anything else it should include?

Here is what the kit does include:

2 on/off orings

3 power tube orings

1 piston oring

1 regulator seat

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to stockpile enough spare parts so I could overcome any (however unlikely) disaster I should encounter. Thanks!

Tunaman
11-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Any aftermarket parts kits or orings that you find will not be of the quality that AGD uses. Same yourself some headache and buy the factory Parts kits.

LFD92
11-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Any aftermarket parts kits or orings that you find will not be of the quality that AGD uses. Same yourself some headache and buy the factory Parts kits.

That's about what I figured. It almost seemed too good to be true for the price I found. The Magsmith seems to have the best prices (and I was going to buy a new frame from them anyway).

Thanks Tuna!