PDA

View Full Version : Really small speakers...

Lenny
11-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone know where I can find some inexspensive, but good quality, really small speakers (and possibly a woofer, or some kind of bass booster). And a decent mini MP3 player? It doesn't need to hold alot, maybe 1gig max.

They need to be small enough to fit inside, let's say, something like an E-Mag battery pack... *hint, hint* ;)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cow hunter
11-04-2006, 06:59 PM
sounds like its gonna be sweet, maybe an ipod shuffle for mp3 player?

speakers, quick google search got this, the top two look like a possibility
http://www.arkon.com/ipodaccessories.php
or
http://www.minispeakers.co.uk/

behemoth
11-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Anyone know where I can find some inexspensive, but good quality, really small speakers (and possibly a woofer, or some kind of bass booster). And a decent mini MP3 player? It doesn't need to hold alot, maybe 1gig max.

They need to be small enough to fit inside, let's say, something like an E-Mag battery pack... *hint, hint* ;)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Whille a stereo/paintball gun sounds kinda lame...

the new ipod shuffles are TINY.

Rudz
11-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Ill send you the links I came up with when I wanted to do this project...usb mp3 players are small and cheap..the problem I had was how do you change the functions if its in the battery pack? Membrane pad of some sorts?

iambored
11-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Ipod shuffle drill hole in front of pack and route the wires through rail to Side of denent and mount there maybe but some fancy thing around speakers so it looks like u got "audio-denents"

Lenny
11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Well, I want an MP3 player with a screen, so I can see what I'm shuffling through. I plan to have that sit on top of the speakers (one speaker pointing left, one right; with little holes so the sound comes out better), and a window with a plexiglass shield for the screen and just an open window for the wheel.

It'll be sweet. Imagine putting on "We are the Champions" when hanging the flag, or having the James Bond theme going out in the woods or at an indoor place. Yeah, total k/a.

Skoad
11-05-2006, 03:04 AM
maybe cannibalize a cellphone or see if something like these (http://www.tophobbytrains.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=54) would work.

Armory
11-06-2006, 02:33 PM
The worlds smallest MP3 player is the CUBE, Wal-mart used to sell them (It's good even though WM sold it). It's a 1" x 1" cube with OLCD on it... I had one and its acutally really great and just ingenuis design and is only $100. Oh and its 1 gig too.

Speakers should be easier to find at RadioShack but its the power to them that gives them the boost.

SR_matt
11-06-2006, 03:00 PM
^^ the new shuffle is pretty close to that. its a little over 1'' x1"" but its thinner than 1'' (probably would fit better in the pack but liek u said no screen. an ipod nano would probably fit in there and u could see whats playing.

cool idea
-matt

StygShore
11-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Ebay has ipod nano ripoffs for about 60.00 bucks or less all day

Styg