PDA

View Full Version : freak ?

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-29-2001, 11:01 AM
i tried the search and it came up nothing. hahahah, so much for the search feature. anyways, i seem to be having a problem today. i was playing today and it was breaking in the barrel. it wasn't chopping. i played the whole day and there were no breaks in the tube. no paint on the bolt. but i seem to break only in the barrel. i thought it might have been the nubbin, but it looked good so i looked again and noticed a slight ledge where the insert goes into the back piece. and i think that it's breaking off of that? anyone else have this problem? anyone give me some feedback, that would be great.

aNtHrAx323
12-29-2001, 12:00 PM
I'm having a similar problem with my Superbolt and 14" Boomstick... are you using a Superbolt?

Xzion
12-29-2001, 12:38 PM
on 'mag Freak barrels, youre suppose to see a lip on either end of the insert, though the lip should be even all the way around, some that werent milled straight slipped through the QA a while ago, I know as I had one, they ended up replacing the back, now all is well, make sure those lips arent lop sided and make sure you havnt bent a nubbin and made a gouge in your barrel, if your using metal nubbins, I reccomend getting some of the plastic ones, I don't think you wouldnt be too happy putting a big gouge inside your barrel and turning it into an expensive paper weight. I managed to get lucky with that one, I had the metal nubin take a bite out of my freak, fortunatly it was the defective freak back and it got replaced along with the defective back.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-29-2001, 12:41 PM
i see the lip and it looks as though the insert is inward. like it's not evenly matched with the freak back.