PDA

View Full Version : Paypal claims: when and how long?

gam-e
11-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Whats up everybody? Its certainly been a while for me again, but I was trying to get back into paintball and purchased a marker on pbnation (an rt pro to be precise) using paypal. I used the e-check method but when I check my paypal acct. it says the check is cleared and in the recipients acct. So he has been paid. Suddenly this esteemed gentlemans (he has decent feedback you know?) laptop goes on the fritz, or so I'm told.

However all of my private messages are being read immediately after i send them. Always the same day you know. So here are the actions I have taken.

1. Formal opened a dispute in paypal asking what the reason was for lack of contact and why I haven't received the marker yet.

2. Verbally warned him via pbnation pm that I will escalate this to a claim in a heartbeat if I keep seeing that he reads these messages and still refuses to respond.

I am throwing this thread out there for some input. What would you do in my shoes. I've never had anything like this happen before, but then again I really only dealt with AO people which i guess, (i know it used to be), are a much more honorable sort of folk.

So when should i make this a claim?: I have something like 18-19 days left to file.
How long does it take to recoupe losses?
And is there any way that this jackass could perhaps take me of my money and me just be up #%$! creek?

thanks
Dion

geekwarrior
11-05-2006, 02:42 PM
if he's not responding, file a claim, the sooner the better. As soon as you file a claim, it will freeze the funds in his account. If he doesn't have the funds in his account, I'm afraid you may not be able to get your money back.

BeaverEater
11-05-2006, 05:23 PM
It sucks because for the most part its hard to win thru paypal. I had received a faulty tank last year. Showed paypal the shop costs of what it took to repair my tank. Well the guy never responded until the day i filed the claim, then said he would refund my money but i had already put about 50 bucks into fixing the reg. Well needless to say paypal ruled against me saying that even tho it didnt work, it didnt affect the overall value :cuss:

Grey Goose
11-05-2006, 06:26 PM
I just won a sizable claim $450 on a paypal item the seller never shipped. Took a while (3 weeks), and I have no idea what the deciding factors were, but I was surprised and happy.

I still think PayPal sucks tho :)

rkjunior303
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
When in doubt, buy stuff through paypal with a credit card. Worst case, you can do the chargeback through the credit card.

I'm still trying to get my $600 back from the xbox 360 package i never got in sept.

gam-e
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Well upon a private message stating that I'd take him to the bank in a heartbeat I finally received a response from the seller saying that the item has been shipped and that I should receive it sometime around tuesday.

I have vigorously kept track of these conversations and have posted them as evidence of a sort on my paypal dispute.

thanks for the advice and personal history with paypal claims
Dion