PDA

View Full Version : scuba tank

riceboi
11-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi i'm looking buy a scuba tank, so i just want know any scuba tank go over 3000psi? thx

geekwarrior
11-06-2006, 12:49 AM
there are scubas that go over 3000, but they're harder to find and more $$$

jenarelJAM
11-06-2006, 02:53 AM
I have a used scuba that goes to 3200, bought it for $100 used from a dive shop. If you're looking for a 4500 psi scuba, you're going to be looking at some high dollar prices. For that much money, you're probably better off buying a compressor.
Most scubas are around or under 3000 psi. That said, scubas are great for teching your marker, but if you're going to go to a field and fill your own, you're probably going to start running low on air by the end of the day. I've tried it, once or twice, I figured out it didn't work.
Some scubas are only 2200 psi, so make sure what kind you're buying.

riceboi
11-06-2006, 03:08 AM
i'm looking for some thing to feel my tank because where i play there no paintball shop around, we play in a ghost town every sunday 30+ VS 30+

FiXeL
11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure if this is equal to the US, but 4500psi scuba tanks arent that expencive in europe. A new 10 Liter (sorry don't know the imperial size) steel scuba tank will cost about $360 USD, and you can pick them up cheaper used. The only thing you will need is a scuba shop that fills to 4500psi.

Scuba's are usefull if the field you are playing on doesnt fill HPA. Only drawback is you will have lower pressure each fill, so if you are planning to shoot alot of paint, or use it with others, keep that in mind. If you are playing with friends all the time you could think about buying multiple tanks together, and fill in a succesive order. First fill on the scuba with the lowest pressure, and work your way up to the one with the highest pressure. That way you will preserve the air in the last scuba, resulting in a higher filling pressure.

A compressor is quite an investment and you will need Scuba tanks to act as a buffer. If many people are filling their tanks after a game, pressure will drop very fast and the compressor needs time to replenish the filled air.