PDA

View Full Version : this has me stumped

superfreakmabsta
11-06-2006, 10:27 PM
i just pulled a mag out from my treasure box of goodies and to my suprise i found that is wasnt working correctly. the gun shoots at a consistent preasure but after like 5 shots it doesnt recharge. the velocity gradually starts to drop off after 4th or so shot until only the trigger gets reset. i am stumped as there are no real problems that i can see. i was thinking maybe the on/off orings might need to wear in because every oring is brand new.

any help is appreciated.

lasrsktr
11-07-2006, 12:55 AM
i just pulled a mag out from my treasure box of goodies and to my suprise i found that is wasnt working correctly. the gun shoots at a consistent preasure but after like 5 shots it doesnt recharge. the velocity gradually starts to drop off after 4th or so shot until only the trigger gets reset. i am stumped as there are no real problems that i can see. i was thinking maybe the on/off orings might need to wear in because every oring is brand new.

any help is appreciated.

hp or lp tank?

PumpMag
11-07-2006, 12:58 AM

any help is appreciated.
Are you using compressed air? Is is less than 1000 psi remaining? If it is your tank pressure is too low. Your mag requires input of at least 800 psi.

athomas
11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Common problems causing your symptoms:

- ASA not depressing the bottle pin properly.
- Low air/CO2
- bad regulator seat oring

superfreakmabsta
11-07-2006, 02:28 PM
i am using a hight preasure compressed air tank and i did replace the reg seat but still no luck. i was thinking maybe it was the asa because that would make sense but i replaced it with 3 others and still no luck.

MANN
11-07-2006, 02:32 PM
make sure that your bottle is not screwed in all the way. Sometimes this can actuallly restrict the air from entering your asa, which would give you enough pressure to start shooting, but would be gone after a few shots.

BigEvil
11-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I have a classic valve over here that does the same thing, only very serverly. Ive eliminated all outside possibilities.

I got the parts in, now im going to overhaul the whole thing and see if it helps. I suspect the reg piston is binding.

I suguest you try some fresh orings, and a new spring pack if you have eliminated everything else.

KayleAGD
11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Old style on/off top in upside down ?

FARMER00
11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
ill buy the marker for cheap if your interested and if u get it working ill pay the usual price for a used one

SocialD
11-08-2006, 01:15 AM
I say, "Oil that sucker!" Especially since your post makes it seem as though it has been sitting for awhile. It might need a rebuild also, but oil is cheap and you should hve some lying around.

superfreakmabsta
11-09-2006, 04:03 AM
i did have this thing oiled up before i even considered adding gas. i am by no means a mag novice but this has me stumped and i am sure it is probebly a really simple problem. :tard:

PumpMag
11-17-2006, 01:37 AM
I thought my mag was going bad once. But in fact it was the reg on the HPA tank that failed.

Try using a diffent tank. See if thats the problem. :confused: