PDA

View Full Version : Go vote today!

BobTheCow
11-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Seriously, go do it. If you're 18, gogogoogogogogo!

geekwarrior
11-07-2006, 11:31 AM
but there's nobody to vote for :cry:

tropical_fishy
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Psh, y'all are behind the times. I voted like, three weeks ago. Yay absentee ballots!

BobTheCow
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Psh, y'all are behind the times. I voted like, three weeks ago. Yay absentee ballots!
I didn't fill out my absentee ballot in time because I'm a procrastinating douchebag. :( So I get to drive the three hours home, vote, then get back to school in time to write a paper and get it to my philosophy professor by midnight! Yahoo!

geekwarrior
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
I didn't fill out my absentee ballot in time because I'm a procrastinating douchebag. :( So I get to drive the three hours home, vote, then get back to school in time to write a paper and get it to my philosophy professor by midnight! Yahoo!

well, if you still have your absentee ballot, fill it out and just drop it off. That way you dont have to wait in line.

Warwitch
11-07-2006, 12:31 PM
but there's nobody to vote for :cry:

Theres always SOMEBODY to vote for. Please people get off your arses and be heard, this is your chance.

geekwarrior
11-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Theres always SOMEBODY to vote for. Please people get off your arses and be heard, this is your chance.

oh, I'm still voting, there's nobody to vote for, but there are alot of things to vote against. dumb CA govt. :mad:

teufelhunden
11-07-2006, 12:44 PM
oh, I'm still voting, there's nobody to vote for, but there are alot of things to vote against. dumb CA govt. :mad:

just go down the republican column and then check no on all spending initiatives :)

tropical_fishy
11-07-2006, 12:45 PM

I did that last week. Except it was that my parents decided to come visit me from California and I had like, two hours to finish the last part of this crazy 10 page paper on human rights or something like that. I don't really remember writing most of it, except the part on "education, and the effects of education on people who consider other humans to be sub-human." Mmmmf, I am too pragmatic to be a philosopher.

Warwitch
11-07-2006, 02:20 PM

Precisely! Go vote or STFU about the state of the USA!

billybob_81067
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Wait... there's elections going on? :ninja:

jenarelJAM
11-07-2006, 03:42 PM
I would, but I'm 17... :cry:
We've did a mock vote today in government class though. Yay prop 86! (california)

geekwarrior
11-07-2006, 03:50 PM
We've did a mock vote today in government class though. Yay prop 86! (california)

yeah :clap: more taxes!

Hexis
11-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Done.

jenarelJAM
11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey, I'm all for taxes that help hospitals. I'm also completely for the end of smoking. It's a win-win for me. While smokers might think it's not fair, remember that smoking is a luxury, not something you "need." If it stops kids from starting to smoke, I'll support it.
If enough people think it's a bad idea, it won't pass. Otherwise, it will. Deal.

BeaverEater
11-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Ya but to go out and say that people are going to ban smoking, they should ban drinking too. Its a luxury and if it helps stop underage drinking :rolleyes:

BTW smoking addiction is second only to heroin. So the majority of people will not be able to just quit.

grEnAlEins
11-07-2006, 11:42 PM
same here

BobTheCow
11-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Holy crap, I'm going crazy, our senate race is still undecided with less than a 2,000 vote margin... makes me glad I made the trip to vote though. :)

Hexis
11-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Anyone watch Hacking Democracy (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8367786376074634512&q=hacking)? It's disturbing, to say the least. Anyone vote on a Diebold system?

lather
11-08-2006, 03:11 AM
Anyone watch Hacking Democracy (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8367786376074634512&q=hacking)? It's disturbing, to say the least. Anyone vote on a Diebold system?

I had to use a Diebold today because my district polling place ran out of ballots. :tard:

While choosing through candidates on the Diebold, I kept thinking back to the picture of the Diebold company van with the Cheney/Bush bumper sticker. Not exactly the best thing to inspire confidence in a supposdly foolproof way of voting.

No matter what your political views are-- :cheers: to everyone that voted!

bornl33t
11-08-2006, 07:27 AM
yeah :clap: more taxes!

WORK HARDER!
Millions of people on well fare depend on you!

tropical_fishy
11-08-2006, 07:49 AM
WORK HARDER!
Millions of people on well fare depend on you!

And how bout that edumacation system, huh? Well fare ftw! (That's a tax on being healthy, by the way).

BobTheCow
11-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Montana needs to hurry up and get its act together, I'm going crazy here. :(

geekwarrior
11-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Montana needs to hurry up and get its act together, I'm going crazy here. :(

meh....either party isnt going to be able to fix whats wrong with this country

wouldnt it be great to be a politician? that has to be one of the easiest jobs around.

Lohman446
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey, I'm all for taxes that help hospitals. I'm also completely for the end of smoking. It's a win-win for me. While smokers might think it's not fair, remember that smoking is a luxury, not something you "need." If it stops kids from starting to smoke, I'll support it.
If enough people think it's a bad idea, it won't pass. Otherwise, it will. Deal.

Ditto paintball, non-reproductive sex, drinking anything but water, food that does not meet a specific nutritional value

If you start banning one persons "luxury".....

Pneumagger
11-08-2006, 12:49 PM
In ohio... we just outlawed smoking everywhere except private homes, inside your car, and private fully family owned/operated businesses.

If you are seen smoking in public or a place of commerce you get a big fine. For example... malls, parks, sidewalks, BARS, STRIPCLUBS, BOWLING ALLEYS, resaraunts, etc. are all illegal places to smoke unless there is a separate closed off "smoking" lounge with separate ventilation.

White_Noise
11-08-2006, 01:07 PM
here in madison, smoking isnt allowed in any restaurant or bar. but you can do it anywhere else pretty much. deffinately does make it nice to be in a restaurant and not be breathing in alot of smoke.

the thing that suprised me/ pissed me off about this election was that the ban on gay marriages and any civil union actually passed.

BobTheCow
11-08-2006, 02:50 PM
the thing that suprised me/ pissed me off about this election was that the ban on gay marriages and any civil union actually passed.
Same in Virginia. I guess I was too optimistic in hoping people would actually read the proposal and be aware of the numerous flaws, even if they weren't actually in favor of gay marriage.

Lohman446
11-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Haha

Michigan voted last time to ban gay marriage - I mean, "protect marriage"

This time we voted to do away with affirmative action, because denying anyone rights or giving preferential treatment would be wrong....

:rolleyes: