PDA

View Full Version : e-Mag varying on the chrono - please, help me out!

mpsd
11-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey guys,

What brings me here this time is about drop-off and chrono variations. I donīt kow if itīs normal but my Mag shoots between 270 and 298 fps without touching the valve.

My current set-up is:

X-Mod Beta 1.7
ROF: 17
DWEL: 15
FIX: 11
Firing Modes: all
Air Pressure into the gun: 950 to 980 psi

Should I raise the DWEL? Would it help fixing this variation?

How does your e-Mag behave, regarding to this? Do you chrono them with one shot per time or do you give rapid bursts over the chrono?

Thanks again and best regards,

Mendel.

jenarelJAM
11-07-2006, 03:27 PM
First, I would turn your velocity down a little bit, since if on its hot shots, it's shooting over most field limits. There is no reason to shoot so close to the velocity limit, unless you're playing competitive tournaments. Rec ball should be fun. Danger does not equal fun.

Other than that, I wouldn't be too worried. My mag goes from 250-275, sometimes more, sometimes less. Does it really matter? Again, unless you're playing competitive tourney ball, paintball is supposed to be fun. You're more likely to get better consistency with better paint. And that will probably cost more money.

Oh, and I shoot, wait for the chrono to read it, then shoot another one, wait for it to be read. Probably 2 seconds between each shot.

SR_matt
11-07-2006, 03:55 PM
id check paint/barrel match first. try going down a barrel size if u have a kit, that might keep it a little more consistant (at least from my experances)

-matt

mpsd
11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks, guys.

About the velocity, yes, Iīm playing torney ball... We will play on the Brazilian National Paintball Cup on December 2nd and 3rd. Thatīs why Iīm playing with that speed. I usually play at ~270.

People here usually play at 300 though.

About the paint/barrel match, Iīm using a Deadlywind Wisper CF Barrel with Freak inserts and my e-Mag is shoots so straight that itīs really amazing to see. I can put 20 balls in a 10 inches square shooting at 30 feet.

Best regards,

Mendel.