PDA

View Full Version : Alternative?

spike_ball999
11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
So I'm getting a new feedneck for my mag. I've read the thread about loctite, but having the creative mind I do, I thought of something more common and could probably work just as well for a bit less. Super Glue! Now, will it work and is it safe for me to use just a tiny bit of this?

don miguel
11-07-2006, 06:13 PM
So I'm getting a new feedneck for my mag. I've read the thread about loctite, but having the creative mind I do, I thought of something more common and could probably work just as well for a bit less. Super Glue! Now, will it work and is it safe for me to use just a tiny bit of this?
Super glue isn't a "thread locker". It's a paste, used to stick two things together. But Loctitie is meant to seal and lock threads. I would use loctite if I were you. It's not that expensive. "loc tite" origional is, but remakes like "threadlocker" are not.

jenarelJAM
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
My friend used superglue on his impy feedneck when the threads ripped out. The superglue broke, he tried stronger superglue, tried really strong industrial super glue. Works great. Unfortunately it looks horrible, with glue beads around the edges.

Learn a lesson from my friend. Use loctite. Glue beads look bad.

Lenny
11-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Loc-Tite. Just make sure it's the blue kind (242 or 424? Whatever)

When it comes to expensive gear, just use what you know will work.

spike_ball999
11-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah. Loc tite it is. I was just currious really. My mind goes in some odd but interesting directions sometimes. :p

SR_matt
11-09-2006, 07:10 PM
a guy i used to work with that palys pro used super glue on his e-cocker to hold the back block in place on the pump arm becasue loc tite was harder to get off but the super glue would hold up but be easy enough to break past when he needed to take it off.

now given there is a lot less torque on a back block than on a feedneck. id go with blue loctite, if ur in a total bind you could use superglue but i wouldnt do it un less it was like the finals at a huge toureny and i had 10 mins to get ready and i had to put a new feedneck on.

loc tite is pretty cheap and dries in 24 hours so it shouldnt be that big of a deal.

-matt