PDA

View Full Version : 68 classic leak!! HELP

pb merc
11-08-2006, 11:43 PM
I have a very small leak at the back of the gun where the velocity hex wrench is... I notice when I press and hold down the trigger the leak stops and then upon releasing the trigger it slowly builds back up to a steady but small leak... Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Chronobreak
11-09-2006, 12:11 AM
try backing it out?

or replacing reg seat, its usualy a bad reg seat or veloci too high

pb merc
11-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Excuse my ignorance... whats backing it out? Where is the reg seat located and what does it look like?

pb merc
11-09-2006, 08:46 AM
And I was messing around with the velocity when it first happend... so maybe that had to do with it?

chinstrap
11-09-2006, 09:37 AM
And I was messing around with the velocity when it first happend... so maybe that had to do with it?

Were you messing with the velocity because you were chronographing and it was too low? Or just to mess around with it?

If you were just messing around with it, turn it back down.

Chronobreak
11-09-2006, 09:48 AM
stick n 1/8th hex wrnech in the back of the valve and turn it outways until leak stops, thens ee what the velocity is at a chrono.

the reg seat is inside the valve btwn the REG, and the front valve. manuals and diagrams are on store.airgun.com

pb merc
11-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok I was testing out the gun (first day) and the velocity was a little low. My retarded friend who owns a tippmann turned it 3 or 4 turns not knowing how sensitive it was. I did not have a chrono with me so I was judging it by eye. first it wouldnt shoot so he turned it the other way and thats where the leak came in. finally we get it back to normal and it shot good again... but with a slight leak. after a while it stopped so im thinking this isnt such a big deal and is a normal problem when you F@ck around with the velocity to much?

RoLLonBombs
11-11-2006, 09:50 AM
yeah
this has happened at my local "pro" shop they got kids there that have "heard of mags" and i was messnig with it so i went for a fill an chrono and it was low so the kid turns it like a full rotation and air shot outthe velocity adjuster he almost dropped my gun fro the air hitnig him in face cause he like over turned it alot i think he turned more then once but he says no i think its like a protection kind of thing to depressurize it when your putting to much