PDA

View Full Version : Powerlyte Grip Styx frame

LFD92
11-09-2006, 12:51 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase the Powerlyte Grip Styx frame in the double trigger style, but before I do I have several questions about it.

The model I'm looking at is for an AGD RT. I don't have one. Will this work with a classic valve and sear? If it won't work, why not? Is there anyway to mod it so it would work?

After searching the forums, I've not really come up with a definate "YES" or "NO".

I just want to be sure before/if I purchase.

Thanks in advance!

wimag
11-09-2006, 01:14 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase the Powerlyte Grip Styx frame in the double trigger style, but before I do I have several questions about it.

The model I'm looking at is for an AGD RT. I don't have one. Will this work with a classic valve and sear? If it won't work, why not? Is there anyway to mod it so it would work?

After searching the forums, I've not really come up with a definate "YES" or "NO".

I just want to be sure before/if I purchase.

Thanks in advance!

it will work but you need a spacer for the valve screw hole. The RT banjo bolt hole in the frame is wider than the classic valve screw setup.
Some people have used vavle tube spacers to accomplish this or if lucky enough have a RT/Classiv valve spacer.

LFD92
11-09-2006, 01:45 PM
What is the "RT Banjo Bolt"? I'm not familiar with the RT setup so I unfortunately don't know what you're referring to. My ignorance......

Migz
11-09-2006, 06:23 PM
On the Classic RT's they have gas thru the rail. the Banjo bolt (correct me if I'm wrong guys) has holes in it which allows the gas to go thru the rail, thru the banjo bolt and in to the valve. At least that's how I think it works.