PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for the future

iambored
11-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Has anyone ever thopught about the fact that all markers are starting to look like egos?
And adventually they won't be able to make the markers lighter and aluminum's the lightest cheap material they can use other than plastic so what do you guys think is next?

Draken
11-09-2006, 03:13 PM
I think we are about to start seeing a MUCH larger group of people running pumps and playing stock class. The prices seem to be slowly driving up on used pumps now, and people are trading away nice electros to get a pump...

coreyander
11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
there are and probably always will be more electro players than pump players.

IMO all guns are not looking like egos. Just to name a few that dont look like egos

DM7 and DM6
Protos
Onyx
invert mini
shockers
timmys (although they are kinda fading out......ppl prefer egos over them nowadays)

As far as whats next? Probably not much. You might see a few new innovations here and there that improve the performance of a gun, but probably nothing extremely revolutionary.

As far as guns getting smaller and lighter.....youre right. Most guns even now you cant really take anymore material off of them because they are already milled down to almost nothing.

buzzboy
11-09-2006, 03:18 PM
....all markers are starting to look like egos?....
that or DM's.

I really don't know . Maybe some revolutionary system will come out. And most likely we won't know till it gets here.

dahoeb
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
ehhh the way they're milled and annoed is just represents the style of the time. in 5 years i'm sure the milling and colors will have moved on to yet another style.

BigEvil
11-09-2006, 04:00 PM
As players get older and mature your going to see more and more of them gravitate back to woodsball, pump, and any other more laid-back styles of playing.

As far as equipment, your right, everything looks like DM's or Egos. That whole propane thing looked like a diamond in the rough, but who knows.

Quite frankly, I would like to see guns come stock with the ability to be governed remotely by fields and tounies. This would elimiinate 1/2 the BS that goes on.

The next thing I would like to see, are some better run fields.

geekwarrior
11-09-2006, 04:06 PM
As players get older and mature your going to see more and more of them gravitate back to woodsball, pump, and any other more laid-back styles of playing.

As far as equipment, your right, everything looks like DM's or Egos. That whole propane thing looked like a diamond in the rough, but who knows.

Quite frankly, I would like to see guns come stock with the ability to be governed remotely by fields and tounies. This would elimiinate 1/2 the BS that goes on.

The next thing I would like to see, are some better run fields.

yeah, i think the biggest changes need to be made to everything in paintball but the guns...better hoppers, fields, etc..

FromTheBack
11-09-2006, 04:12 PM
With such advances as Bluetooth in the Pulse which connects directly to the gun wirelessly I cannot say we are without revolutionary paintball technology in the future.

In a Facefull article a few months back the people at TAG (creators of the predator board) talked extensively about the capabilities of bluetooth with regulating board settings to stop cheating in tournaments along with being able to monitor players stats with this technology to bring an aspect of betting on certain players. There was more to the article but the technology is right around the corner if not in front of us already.

Further down the road I could see a marker using alternative power rather than compressed gasses. They did this with the "Revolt" or whatever it was called but it seemed to need a lot of charging over and over to play all day. Either way, there is more to be done as technology gains.

don miguel
11-09-2006, 05:20 PM
before you know it all guns will be made up of plastic like that new tippman gun. It will be horrible. mabe people who can't lift 3 POUNDS shoulden't play paintball!!!!!!!

Xyxyll
11-09-2006, 05:35 PM
In a Facefull article a few months back the people at TAG (creators of the predator board) talked extensively about the capabilities of bluetooth with regulating board settings to stop cheating in tournaments along with being able to monitor players stats with this technology to bring an aspect of betting on certain players. There was more to the article but the technology is right around the corner if not in front of us already.

It's interesting to think of what the future might hold. I must say though I think it's kind of funny because I actually thought about utilizing Bluetooth technology in the same EXACT ways you just mentioned when Bluetooth started growing in popularity (2-3 years ago). The idea didn't seem too feasible back then, but I guess technology is catching up with our ideas.

Dark Frost17
11-09-2006, 09:04 PM
there is plenty to be done with paintball markers but..... i don't have the funds..... :(
so maybe some 1 will think the way i do some day :rolleyes: once the technology catches up....

Dark....

RoLLonBombs
11-11-2006, 12:19 PM
before you know it all guns will be made up of plastic like that new tippman gun. It will be horrible. mabe people who can't lift 3 POUNDS shoulden't play paintball!!!!!!!

perhaps...

punkncat
11-11-2006, 01:12 PM
With such advances as Bluetooth in the Pulse which connects directly to the gun wirelessly I cannot say we are without revolutionary paintball technology in the future.

Further down the road I could see a marker using alternative power rather than compressed gasses. They did this with the "Revolt" or whatever it was called but it seemed to need a lot of charging over and over to play all day. Either way, there is more to be done as technology gains.

I would love to see this technology exploited for use in paintball.
If a reliable scoring (elimination) system could be developed and markers put under a supervisory mode, not only could speeds and velocities be controlled, but a players marker could be turned off. This would completly eliminate playing on and make arguing with a ref a mute point.
Not to say that I know how you could implement the idea, but what if there were no refs on the field, merely observers that could see from every angle so to speak.....