PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

BlackVCG
11-10-2006, 01:09 PM
No thread on this yet, so here it is.

It's sad to see such little reference to Veterans day in the media. This is a time to honor ALL who have served. Not just a particular event relating to those who have served.

Get out and shake the hand of a veteran. Call up your Grandpa and tell him thanks for his service. Call your Uncle who served in Vietnam. Call your brother who served in the Gulf War. Certainly some of them don't like to talk about their service and they want it to be in the past, but nobody gets tired of just being told "thank you" and feeling important.

tropical_fishy
11-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, not today... that may be why the media hasn't said much.

geekwarrior
11-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, not today... that may be why the media hasn't said much.

but it is the Marine's B-day today :headbang:

Oldest Sage
11-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Good idea Black! I know we have some Vets here...a big thanks to them. :clap:

BlackVCG
11-10-2006, 01:21 PM

Well I guess this thread is early then. I forgot to look at the calendar and was just feeling like today is Veterans day since the public workforce and some private is observing it today.

PumpPlayer
11-10-2006, 01:40 PM
I normally hate USAToday, but I actually suggest picking one up for today's main article.
Frickin' Ooh-rah.

I don't have the day off, but a lot of other people do. I appreciate the lack of traffic.
EDIT: And quiet phones.

neppo1345
11-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Thank you for:

making sure we're speaking english and not:
German
Japanese
Arabic
Russian

Giving me the opportunity to:
Grow up as my parents saw fit
Go to highschool
Vote
Go to college
Live

BeaverEater
11-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Well the only news ive seen about veterans day was on FOX.

Recon by Fire
11-10-2006, 10:39 PM
The VA also requested that veterans wear your medals on your civies. We are going to forgo that at our work though ;)

Swampy
11-10-2006, 11:24 PM
I got that little red flower (forgot what it is called) to wear, I'm not military but my family is

The list
Grandpa: Army, 96yr old served next to Patton cause he old country could speak German, Polish, and Russian. To bad he lost his mind in his age.
Uncle Don: USMC, Vietnam Tunnel Rat, Doesn't talk to much unless you give him beer.
Uncle Richard: Army, Deceased, Was a Army Engineer in Korea end up getting thrown a rifle and told to fight his way back to the 38th
Cousin Nick: Navy, Submarine Boomer commander, don't talk to him to much cause of his job.
Cousin Richard: Army, Intel Officer, Psychologic warfare, again can't talk to him much.
Uncle Richard: Army, Field Arty officer, Deceased in Vietnam
Brother John: Army, Medic Deceased in Gulf war.
Brother Joel: USMC, Grunt Deceased.

Eagle
11-10-2006, 11:28 PM
I see referances to it all over the media, advertising damn sales at Macy's and such. I fought for democracy, not to everyone can have an excuse to shop :mad:

Army
11-11-2006, 01:48 AM
I see referances to it all over the media, advertising damn sales at Macy's and such. I fought for democracy, not to everyone can have an excuse to shop :mad:
I guess you missed that American freedom part. It's what I fought for.

Swampy
11-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Just got done watching two movies the first one was Black Hawk Down, My bro told me that it got that bad over there just like that movie, the second movie was Patton another one of his favorites even though he was USMC.

Remind of that qoute that Patton said something about dying for your country?